Sign in to follow this  
BallaBoi5004

O-Sen: Magic may make move for Maggette

That's why I'd like to see maggette for a s/t and then go after Diop. W/ Diop and Howard in the front court we could play a bit of zone and change our defensive schemes and concentrate on team defense vs one on one.

Meer

Maggette

Shard

Diop

Howard

If we could keep Turk and have him come off the bench great, if not oh well. However, that lineup is better balnced than last years. If Shard can maintain his defensive intensity from the playoffs even better!

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I was on the Pietrus wagon too for the reasons listed above.

You guys don't think Stan could get corey playing good team defense ala what the Celtics did with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen? Those two are certainly not known for their defense around the league but they had a brick clogging up the middle(Garnett).

You guys don't think Dwight could anchor our defense similar to what KG does?

Those guys played good D for 2 reasons, a well executed defensive scheme by Thibidou and because of KG's insane energy.

Dwight doesn't have that level of defensive intensity yet, if he gets that then maybe it could happen.

quote:

You guys don't think Stan could get corey playing good team defense ala what the Celtics did with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen? Those two are certainly not known for their defense around the league but they had a brick clogging up the middle(Garnett).

As long as Jameer remains our PG, and there are no indications that will change, I think we need an uber-defensive SG playing next to him. IMO, we had a very respectable defensive SG combo last year, and our backcourt still got smoked OFTEN.

Pietrus is so friggin versatile, that he can (and has) defended the 1-5. And with all his defensive notariety, he is still young and developing an offensive game. Right now, I believe he is capable of averaging 12+ ppg. Give him a few years, and I will lay money down that he is an 18ppg guy.

Pickups like Maggette, get teams in the headlines and on SportsCenter. But pickups like Pietrus get trophies.

Oh BTW, there are very few SGs in the NBA that can rebound like Pietrus. When he was getting minutes with the Warriors late last season (during a 1+ month stretch), he nearly averaged a double-double.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

As long as Jameer remains our PG, and there are no indications that will change, I think we need an uber-defensive SG playing next to him. IMO, we had a very respectable defensive SG combo last year, and our backcourt still got smoked OFTEN.

Pietrus is so friggin versatile, that he can (and has) defended the 1-5. And with all his defensive notariety, he is still young and developing an offensive game. Right now, I believe he is capable of averaging 12+ ppg. Give him a few years, and I will lay money down that he is an 18ppg guy.

Pickups like Maggette, get teams in the headlines and on SportsCenter. But pickups like Pietrus get trophies.

Either would be fine w/ me. Those two guys would improve our back court drastically.

We all know that Maggette can score. But, really, how is his defense? I confess all I know about him is that he can score. Does it really suck like a lot of you are implying? Or is it that it's just average?... And I think I have a Corey Magettee Magic jersey in my closet somewhere, so I'd be nice to be able to bust that thing out again.

Pietrus is a nice player off your bench. He is not a starter. He is also an idiot btw. Very very low basketball IQ.

We have a guy who should be better then that. His name is Courtney Lee. If you are going to get another guard, get a starter like Maggette.

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

We all know that Maggette can score. But, really, how is his defense? I confess all I know about him is that he can score. Does it really suck like a lot of you are implying? Or is it that it's just average?... And I think I have a Corey Magettee Magic jersey in my closet somewhere, so I'd be nice to be able to bust that thing out again.

He's average on defense at the 3, slightly below at the 2.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:

I'd still prefer that Pietrus was the SG that landed in an Orlando Magic lineup.

I'm struggling with this because of that very reason. Part of me likes the idea of adding a 20pt per game scorer and another part of me doesn't want more offense without a serious upgrade in defense.

It's pretty simple really. If we were somehow able to land Maggette, then I beleive management would be open to trading Hedo. You just can't deal Hedo without having another bonafide scorer. And if they were looking to move Hedo, I bet we could easily land Haslem, Collison, Lee, or any other rebounding, defensive-minded PF we wanted.

But with our lineup, as it is constructed currently, Pietrus is a much, much better fit at the SG.

I'm 100% with you.

Altough Maggette could be considered a steal if he really sign with us for the MLE (and I won't believe that until this is not only a rumor coming by some friend of him...) I would take Pietrus anyway.

On the offensive end, there wouldn't be enough shots for all with Corey on the team:

1) Last year, a lot of times we already forget to feed DH, and you don't want to have your franchise player unhappy.

2) Lewis was the third option, who really want to have a max player as a fourth offensive option next year?

On defense, we need something better than him, cause we already have a bad team defense, and remember that DEFENSE win championship, offense only win awards.

On the other side, I love Pietrus defense, he's a pretty good rebounder too, he can shoot the three and could penetrate, but he didn't need the ball on his hands all the time.

Perfect fit on our team assuming that we mantain Lewis as PF (that is pretty probable after draft night)

The only aspect of his game that really worry me is FT shooting, but I could live with that.

But right now, all that trades and signs are only dreams and speculation, we really haven't any true indication that either Pietrus or Maggette or anyone else would come to our team.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

a SnT seems very, very unlikely to happen.

I have also come to this conclusion. The Clippers are on record wanting to chase other talent with the reduction in salary.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

I wonder if we make a play for maggete are we gonne trade Bogans???

I think that would be the only logical thing to do at that point...

Bogans + other players for a big goon. We really need another big, Battie and Vazquez aren't the answers.