Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Latest Insider Info

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

As if I need to post this ...

Source: "Redick is GONE."

This is assuming a decent deal can be made.

any idea what team are the suitors?

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

quote:

As if I need to post this ...

Source: "Redick is GONE."

This is assuming a decent deal can be made.

any idea what team are the suitors?

No idea. What I posted is all I know.

I think Otis plans on keeping Redick until we know about our FA guards like other people have already said. Most people don't want Evans back, but for some reason I think Otis wants him back. I wouldn't be suprised if we shipped JJ and Bogans in some sort of deal if we keep Mo.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

I think Otis plans on keeping Redick until we know about our FA guards like other people have already said. Most people don't want Evans back, but for some reason I think Otis wants him back. I wouldn't be suprised if we shipped JJ and Bogans in some sort of deal if we keep Mo.

YEP, Sounds to me like a S&T w/Clippers or Kings for Arroyo (Carlos would have to agree)+ Bogans or Cook + Redick.

That would explain Evans and Dooling being desired and Redick being moved(filler).

Word on the streets is that Otis was feverishly trying to trade the 22nd pick for cash considerations as he is fearful that a new face would mess with team chemistry. It is also rumored that he likes the team therefore he will not try to sign any free agents or trade for a PF or backup PG help as he is also fearful this will destroy our team chemistry.

It looks like our roster for 08-09 will be as follows:

PG - Nelson

SG - Lee, Bogans, Redick

SF - Turk

PF - Lewis, Battie

C. - Howard, Gortat

We might go after Garrity though for much needed depth at the small forward position.

Take it for what its worth.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

If we resign Evans then i'm convinced Otis is suffering from dementia.

Well, if we resign him for a fair amount and after that we trade Bogans and/or JJ in any deal for a PF or a backup PG, I wouldn't mind.

But right now this sounds like a dream thinking in the difficult we have to make any type of move...

Maggette said he would opt out Monday. Maggette plays the same position as Thornton. Miami continues to try and make a trade for Brandon. Marion a key piece in a trade also plays small forward position. Maggette played the guard position much of last year while Thorton played SF.

Artest is rumored again to be opting out. Lakers, Spurs, and Dallas say they are interested. I think he opts out.

quote:

Catman, how you doin'? Any word on FA? I am trying to tap that well.

Not sure yet. The first step is seeing if Dooling and Evans are gone. If that happens, I would predict Anthony Johnson or Duhon as candidates.

I would not be blown away if Otis tries to resign both guys for the MLE and uses Evans and Dooling and Bogans as our backup PG/SG/SF lineup.

Not very exciting I know.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

quote:

Not sure yet. The first step is seeing if Dooling and Evans are gone. If that happens, I would predict Anthony Johnson or Duhon as candidates.

I would not be blown away if Otis tries to resign both guys for the MLE and uses Evans and Dooling and Bogans as our backup PG/SG/SF lineup.

i hate to call your bullshiot, but you dont need to use the mle to resign your own players. you would think that someone with 'sources' would know that...

i doubt very much that the magic are pursuing anthony johnson or duhon. if anything is being sought, its a big man. i bet otis would rather resign dooling or maybe evans than take on either of those two.

i am hopeful for the haslem deal, but not banking on it. atleast we know that otis is interested in haslem...and atleast we know that haslem is available. those are some legs for the rumors to stand on. all thats gone around regarding duhon is speculation from a small number of board members...

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

quote:

i hate to call your bullshiot, but you dont need to use the mle to resign your own players. you would think that someone with 'sources' would know that...

If team's don't have Bird rights on a player, they will sometimes resign them with their MLE as a means of giving them more money or longer deals than they would otherwise be allowed to.