Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Why the Magic didn't buy a second round pick (Mr. John Denton)

DOM, If you didn't know Erik Prince is Rich Devos's Son in Law. And Erik Prince is the founder and head of Blackwater. The mercenary organization that has and is working in Iraq, Afghanistan, New Orleans after Katrina, etc.

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

DOM, If you didn't know Erik Prince is Rich Devos's Son in Law. And Erik Prince is the founder and head of Blackwater. The mercenary organization that has and is working in Iraq, Afghanistan, New Orleans after Katrina, etc.

No, I didn't know that.

I haven't checked this board in months, but man, this place is hilarious after the draft. Jareth, I have no idea how or why you bother putting up with all these reactionary dumbnards/troglodytes/homunculi.

quote:

And by the way I would take Shelden Williams with or with out the "cough" over any big we have not named superman.

Which is why you are not our GM. You would take a guy based on his college production and name only, yet hasn't done crap in the league thus far even on 2 bad teams. Pathetic.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

And by the way I would take Shelden Williams with or with out the "cough" over any big we have not named superman.

Which is why you are not our GM. You would take a guy based on his college production and name only, yet hasn't done crap in the league thus far even on 2 bad teams. Pathetic.

I'm going to defend Williams here, which I can't believe I'm doing.

The problem with Williams is that he never had a hint of an offensive game, but in college he could still score a decent amount, so people were convinced he could develop, ignoring that he'd not developed at all prior to that.

That said, he's a better than average defender in the post, and an average help defender in the paint. He would've made for a solid mid-20s pick, though he was obviously taken WAAAAAYYY too early.

I wouldn't say that Arthur is going to be like Shelden Williams because of the supporting cast Arthur would have as compared to Williams. Not to mention the coaching.

One of my conspiracy theories is that we passed up on Arthur is because Otis liked what he saw in Gortat during the playoffs and SVG isn't against the idea of playing him with D12 on the floor. With that being said, MoGans is our next big priority which was address by Lee.

By no means did we have a bad first round, but we'll see the results next season.

Lets see: Shelden averaged 5.5 points and 5.4 rebounds in 18.7 minutes in his rookie year.

Tony Battie has averaged over his 11 year career 6.7 points and 5.6 rebounds in 23 minutes.

Yeah Battie is sooooooo much better. I bow down to you Jareth you are truly a know it all.

I am disappointed we didnt get a second round pick. I do believe Otis didnt adjust to the way the draft was going. Not so much Arthur, because I dont see that guy ever being a starter in this league, but that we could of obtained Dorsey or even CDR in the second round.

But Im not devastated by our results. I think Lee has the potential to be our starting SG, and we will have to make a minor move at the PF position.

For what its worth, Chalmers would have been a perfect second round pick and I think in a year or so, were gonna be facing the Heat wishing we had him.