Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

NY/ORL draft night trade?

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

D'Antoni would kill to have Turk...

Agreed, and I do not think losing Lee would stop him from getting Hedo, especially since he could draft a big with the 22nd pick to help make up for the loss.

I like the trade because it really helps both teams out. I think the reason the trade has not gone through is because the teams are working out the last details of the trade or both teams are waiting to see who is left at the sixth pick.

First of all, we're not getting David Lee. I would still, however, do the original trade if Kevin Love was still available. I posted a similar idea to this a few weeks ago. Crawford would work because on top of being a capable scorer, he would fill the playmaking gaps left by Hedo. Then, with the 6th pick, we could get the PF we need.

PG - Jameer Nelson

SG - Jamal Crawford

SF - Rashard Lewis

PF - Kevin Love

C - Dwight Howard

As an added bonus, Rashard Lewis returns to his natural position, so whatever downgrade their is from Hedo to Crawford is MORE than made up for by the improvement of Lewis and the acquisition of Love (and whatever rebounding/defensive improvements he'll bring).

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

First of all, we're not getting David Lee. I would still, however, do the original trade if Kevin Love was still available. I posted a similar idea to this a few weeks ago. Crawford would work because on top of being a capable scorer, he would fill the playmaking gaps left by Hedo. Then, with the 6th pick, we could get the PF we need.

PG - Jameer Nelson

SG - Jamal Crawford

SF - Rashard Lewis

PF - Kevin Love

C - Dwight Howard

As an added bonus, Rashard Lewis returns to his natural position, so whatever downgrade their is from Hedo to Crawford is MORE than made up for by the improvement of Lewis and the acquisition of Love (and whatever rebounding/defensive improvements he'll bring).

If David Lee isnt involved somewhere, and we still have to give up #22, ill pass!

You'd pass up an opportunity to drastically improve our team and remove holes in our roster (SG and PF) for the 22nd pick?

Which lineup do you like better?

PG - Nelson

SG - Evans, Bogans, Redick, Lee or CDR

SF - Turkoglu

PF - Lewis

C - Howard

Or the one I posted up there?

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

You'd pass up an opportunity to drastically improve our team and remove holes in our roster (SG and PF) for the 22nd pick?

Which lineup do you like better?

PG - Nelson

SG - Evans, Bogans, Redick, Lee or CDR

SF - Turkoglu

PF - Lewis

C - Howard

Or the one I posted up there?

Ive been one of the strong advocates of trading Turkoglu, that being said, I think we can do better than just Crawford and the #6. Of course I your first lineup better, Im not an idiot.

But if your throwing them Crawford and the #6, for Turk, Bogans and our #22, I think we should get David Lee, or im not biting. David Lee isnt really in their future plans, and im not gonna let them off the hook salary wise and make them instantly better unless I get a piece that makes me instantly better. And as good as Crawford is, and an improvement to what we have now, to me, David Lee is the real value here and hes got to be involved.

Ill do it without Lee if we keep #22, as I believe theres value in that pick.

My opinion

I like the trade either way. Of course I like it more with Lee involved somehow..lol

But, I look at it like this... I think Hedo has peaked as far as trade value goes, and we probably will be out bidded when it comes time to re-sign him. So we either trade him while his value is at the highest or risk losing him for nothing or possibly trade him mid-season(which is a risk, because he could become injured or have an off season and value plummets, thus get nothing much in return).

So I think best case scenerio is for the Magic to trade him now and get the best deal we can, which to me would include a proven player and a young Stud, as proposed here...