Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

JJ is "100% sure" that he'll be back next year (Sentinel)

Marc are you a moderator? Then act like one instead of calling people false "Gods". Very unprofessional and character attacking. The last I looked JJ was a member of the Magic and should be treated as such. Personal attack on Bravlady is also uncalled for especially by a so called moderator. Open your mind and read what she says. Dwight has more then his share of turnovers, and why?

our guard defense was at best weak espcially on stopping penetration. our team defensive rotation was poor and this put a lot of pressure on howard to cover to many mistakes of others. howards problem is on offense, poor passing, no jump shot, poor free throws, and most of all double teams. he has a great upside on offense but he needs smart players around him who understand team defense and offense. until the magic get this help each other concept they will be inconsistent. jj surely is not the answer but might help at times if given the chance. i for one would like to know but i dont see it happening in magic land. i am 100% sure he will be gone. jacklj

quote:
Originally posted by magicbeliever:

Marc are you a moderator? Then act like one instead of calling people false "Gods". Very unprofessional and character attacking. The last I looked JJ was a member of the Magic and should be treated as such. Personal attack on Bravlady is also uncalled for especially by a so called moderator. Open your mind and read what she says. Dwight has more then his share of turnovers, and why?

Ah, so Marc, you ARE getting paid to be a moderator !!!

We just KNEW it !!!

Can you loan me 50 bucks?

quote:
Originally posted by magicbeliever:

Show me the personal attack in that post. Because I said she doesn't understand defense? So I'm not allowed to debate someone on the board? Calling JJ a false-god has to do with how the JJ fanatics make excuses for him while going after anyone that says anything negative about him.

He is a member of the team, one that does not do anything for this team. When someone makes a statement like "How much more defensive help do they need to give Dwight? If Dwight's not getting the job done, then do something with Dwight" in response to JJ not being a help on D then you better believe I'm going to speak up.

Why does Dwight have a lot of turnovers? Have you seen the entry passes that go into him? He gets his fair share on his own. He's also still progressing, very nicely I might add as evident by his numbers and our wins increasing every year he's been here.

Just because I said something about a player you like doesn't mean that it's unprofessional and that I am attacking someones character. You JJ fanatics like to pull the moderator card whenever any of us speak up about him. You don't like what we have to say so you accuse us of violating some sort of moderator code of ethics, well I got news for you at no time did I break any rules in debating Dwight's defensive ability and I, as well as the other moderators are well within our rights to post our opinions on this board just like everyone else.

I knew it Marc, you are a hatist against white kids from Duke that can't play defense.

bravlady, don't get your feeling hurt. Guys can be brutally honest and ten minutes later it is history and we move on.

We want JJ to succeed just like you. Do we think he will? That's another matter.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

How much more defensive help do they need to give Dwight? If Dwight's not getting the job done, then do something with Dwight.

Another point is that Dwight needs to learn how to read the double team and kick out. That's something he failed to do last season...AGAIN and especially in the playoffs! That's what JJ was drafted to help with. JJ was not drafted to be a defensive threat. All the SGs and PFs in the world aren't going to help Dwight if he doesn't learn to play the game. Quit catering to Dwight to make him look like a star that he's not and make him do his job.

Proof positive that you do not understand defense at all. Dwight is an eraser, you don't go into a season with your entire defensive concept being we will put all of the pressure on our eraser. The perimeter defenders are charged with forcing jumpers or funneling their man to the baseline so Dwight can make their life difficult. You don't just put Dwight out there on an island and say block everything. Geez.

Dwight is 22, yes he has learned how to read double teams yet. He picked up defensive concepts pretty quick without the benefit of 4yrs of college, that's more than I can say for your false-god JJ.

I could care less about this argument but that eraser line cracked me up. I propose we replace superman with eraser. Now everytime someone says his new nickname I will think about that terrible Arnold Schwarzenegger movie.

quote:

How much more defensive help do they need to give Dwight? If Dwight's not getting the job done, then do something with Dwight.

Another point is that Dwight needs to learn how to read the double team and kick out. That's something he failed to do last season...AGAIN and especially in the playoffs!

Bravlady, I agree with you about Dwight not doing his job. Sure, Dwight has put up the numbers (double-doubles, etc.). . . but there are other things that Dwight is not doing as well as he should, and Bravlady has already mentioned one of them.

This was one of the concerns about Dwight's play. . . or lack there of. . . that I mentioned several times during regular and post-season.

This is not a knock on Dwight, but it was so frustrating to watch him get stripped of the ball when he was double and triple teamed because he was *h_ll bent* on putting the ball in the basket instead of kicking it out. Then there were the turnovers by trying to put the ball on the floor; also, not being able to grip or hold the ball firmly when it was thrown to him, and as a result, he fumbles it away. Then there is the pouting and giving up when his offense is not going.

Does Dwight need help? Yes. But Dwight has a few things to work on to help make his team better.

quote:
Originally posted by TrueMagicFan07:

quote:

Another point is that Dwight needs to learn how to read the double team and kick out. That's something he failed to do last season...AGAIN and especially in the playoffs!

Bravlady, I agree with you about Dwight not doing his job. Sure, Dwight has put up the numbers (double-doubles, etc.). . . but there are other things that Dwight is not doing as well as he should, and Bravlady has already mentioned one of them.

This was one of the concerns about Dwight's play. . . or lack there of. . . that I mentioned several times during regular and post-season.

This is not a knock on Dwight, but it was so frustrating to watch him get stripped of the ball when he was double and triple teamed because he was *h_ll bent* on putting the ball in the basket instead of kicking it out. Then there were the turnovers by trying to put the ball on the floor; also, not being able to grip or hold the ball firmly when it was thrown to him, and as a result, he fumbles it away. Then there is the pouting and giving up when his offense is not going.

Does Dwight need help? Yes. But Dwight has a few things to work on to help make his team better.

Good post TMF07. SVG wants Dwight to get more touches. Dwight is constantly surrounded by defenders making the pass to Howard a very troublesome move. The answer is pushing the ball more so that we take advantage of Howard's quickness and not settle into the half court game.

SVG's number one priority last year was to reduce turn overs. I expect that to be his priority again this year. Watch Howard in the Olympics with a better point guard and see if he turns the ball over like he does with the Magic.

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

Good post TMF07. SVG wants Dwight to get more touches. Dwight is constantly surrounded by defenders making the pass to Howard a very troublesome move. The answer is pushing the ball more so that we take advantage of Howard's quickness and not settle into the half court game.

SVG's number one priority last year was to reduce turn overs. I expect that to be his priority again this year. Watch Howard in the Olympics with a better point guard and see if he turns the ball over like he does with the Magic.

Solution, your comments are 'spot on'. And guess what? The part you mentioned about "pushing the ball more so that we take advantage of Howard's quickness and not settle into the half court game"...Well, this a strategy that I, too, brought up in a post during the regular season.

I even pointed the finger at Jameer for not pushing the ball up court. I heard SVG tell the team in one of the huddles that he wanted them to push the ball up the court. But what did Jameer do? You guessed it...he took his own sweet time walking the ball up. So, I place some blame on Jameer for that because, after all, he is our starting floor general.

quote:
Originally posted by TrueMagicFan07:

We don't do a very good job of feeding the post. We only have a few guys that are good at it and when we do feed the post Dwight almost has to go with it because if he gives the ball up no one re-posts him.

I think a lot of that is going to come with time, he will get better at passing out and the team will get better at feeding him and mixing up re-posting him.