Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

JJ is "100% sure" that he'll be back next year (Sentinel)

quote:
"The Magic have some decisions to make this offseason -- free agency, trades, and the draft. But I believe 100 percent I'll be back with the Magic.

"In fact, I don't even think it's an issue. I just need to get better and earn Stan's trust and get some minutes. We shall see."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-magic2408jun24,0,4908183.story

Is he bluffing? or do you think he's serious?

I don't.

At least, I hope he's not serious.

quote:
"The Magic have some decisions to make this offseason -- free agency, trades, and the draft. But I believe 100 percent I'll be back with the Magic.

"In fact, I don't even think it's an issue. I just need to get better and earn Stan's trust and get some minutes. We shall see."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-magic2408jun24,0,4908183.story

Is he bluffing? or do you think he's serious?

I don't.

At least, I hope he's not serious.

This from Otis:

quote:

"We're not looking to move J.J. If it doesn't make sense, we're not going to move him just to move him," Smith said. "He wants to play, and rightfully so. He thinks he hasn't been given the opportunity.

"You can say, 'I want to go somewhere else to play.' It's easy to say that but harder to do it. We're not giving him away. You're pretty much here. We do value J.J. I think he can play in this league."

Obviously, two seasons of bench-warming haven't enhanced Redick's value around the NBA.

Interest from other clubs "has not presented itself," Smith said.

Translation, Otis wants to move him but because of his playing situation(and I'm not going to place blame here be it J.J.'s fault or management) Redick doesn't have much value around the league.

Then on another thread this morning, Marc Acres posted this:

quote:

This was on Draftexpress.com, just a 1 liner in their rumor section-

Speaking of Courtney Lee, basically every team representative we

if they draft another sg and bring evans back that would also block not just jj but that draftee or bogans. jj should hold out if that happens.

i agree they will go big but at #22 it will be a long shot to get someone who can help right away. with battie and gortat coming on it will be hard to get time. by the way you know how i feel about jj but 100% is a streach. it's like i'm sure about the lottery ticket i have for tomorrow night. i have a gut feeling they will move him to get a better draft spot. jacklj

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

if they draft another sg and bring evans back that would also block not just jj but that draftee or bogans. jj should hold out if that happens.

Right... because that will get him what he wants. His value is already at an all time low, if he holds out on top of that, he is worthless.

If he comes into training camp fired up and trying to prove himself, he might spark some interest and maybe then someone might want his services.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

Right... because that will get him what he wants. His value is already at an all time low, if he holds out on top of that, he is worthless.

If he comes into training camp fired up and trying to prove himself, he might spark some interest and maybe then someone might want his services.

Quote from the article-

Obviously, two seasons of bench-warming haven't enhanced Redick's value around the NBA.

Interest from other clubs "has not presented itself," Smith said.

Force a trade where? No one is calling.

i think plenty of teams would give up a late first or second for him. its the magic to blame by not playing him he has no value. is jj really any worse than evans or bogans? NO!!

This is a lose-lose for the Magic. We don't play him so he has no trade value. We do play him this upcoming season and he could potentially play himself into a contract we won't match when he's a free agent. Sounds like we already blew this.

magic should have traded him at the deadline, the magic only have themselves to blame. I don't get what they were thinking no dealing him at the deadline if there was any deal b/c they had to now his value is only going down.

Otis: JJ, I know you want to be traded so that you can get more playing time, but since you've gone public with the demand, the other teams are trying to get you for absolutely nothing because they are the ones negotiating from a position of strength.

JJ: So, does that mean that you are going to keep me, and I'll get more playing time?

Otis: Uh, close. Well, okay, actually neither.

JJ: So I'm trapped ?!?!?

Otis: JJ, I need you to help us both out here. You need to rescind your trade demands, and start acting like you enjoy it here and expect to be used. This will hopefully put an end to all the low-balling offers I'm getting.

JJ: Consider it done !!

Otis: Great !!! Do you think you could get on that BEFORE the draft?

JJ (to media): I'm 100% sure that I'll be playing with the Magic this season.