Sign in to follow this  
star_phenom35

Josh Smith and Hawks... difficulties on contract agreement? [Hoopsworld]

Josh Smith is a longterm investment. We lose offense, but gain mass amounts of D. We also enure that Dwight is happy. Anyone who can not see why JSmoove coming here would be awesome is on another planet.

Josh had a great season doing what he does. Which is defend, and cause havoc inside. And he is spending all summer on his jumper. You put him next to Dwight and the team now has a legit Big 3.

Look at how ATL almost took out BOS. Rashard back at SF would be bombing 3s like Joe Johnson did.

The Magic would be a better team with a front 3 that would be one of the best in the NBA.

If you give up Hedo along with the rest of your resources to get a Josh Smith, or some semblance, you better have a plan to get a different starting PG because the one we have cannot run the offense.

If Hedo is traded, acquiring a true PG is an absolute must, or you will see turnover rates next season that make even the Washington Generals look good.

This is why moving Hedo will not likely happen. Because Otis insists on Jameer being the PG, so you have to have someone else run the offense. It's a self-imposed trap.

As much as Turk was massive for us last year, this is one player I would definitely do that trade for. I dont like throwing in JJ as he could definitely play in a lineup with rashard, smith, howard and nelson. whatever offense production we would lose with turk could be replaced between jj, shard, and nelson. and defense would be just fine with smith and howard. and him and dwight are GREAT friends. how crazy would that be! oh otis please at least sit down with your peoples and see how we could make this work and if you dont mind responding in the next 24 hours that would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

just curious, could we sign someone to our MLE and use them in a s$t for a s$t'd smith. if so that might greatly increase our chances of being able to come up with something

Took a gander at season statistics.

Josh Smith (Combo PF/SF)

6-9

235lbs.

3 yrs pro

22yrs old

07-08%

81g/gs

35.5MPG 2,873MIN

45% FG% 518-1,133

25% 3P% 25-99

71% FT% 333-469

2.0 OFF 161

6.2 DEF 506

8.2 REB 667

3.4 APG 272

1.5 SPG 123

2.8 BPG 227

3.0 TO 245

3.3 PF 269

17.2PPG 1,394

Hedo Turkoglu (SF)

6-10

220lbs.

7yrs pro

30yrs old

07-08%

82g/gs

36.9MPG 3,026

45% FG% 556-1,219

40% 3P% 166-415

82% FT% 324-391

1.0 OFF 83

4.7 DEF 388

5.7 REB 471

5.0 APG 409

0.9 SPG 74

0.3 BPG 25

3.0 TO 246

3.0 PF 244

19.5PPG 1,602

They are just about...even.

Josh Smith is clearly the best rebounder, shot blocker, and theif (stealer)

Hedo Turkoglu has the is the better distributer, the better half court shooter and scorer.

Giving up Hedo Turkoglu means that our pg's will have to become full time point guards again. We also will get the strong, young, athletic, power forward we need..plus a low in free throw percentage(If Josh doesn't improve it this summer). But boy..what a shot blocker.....

Why do I say Hedo Turkoglu is better? He's more effecient and he's actually a 19ppg-5rpg-5apg, player. Josh Smith is a 17ppg-8rpg-3.5apg guy.

I think this would basically be a trade straight up. It depends on what happens.

GET HIM OTIS!

Turk, 2 future firsts and change to make salary fit...jj and cook?

MLE Pietruis or Maggette

Then try your *** off to wheel a sign and trade for Livingston, take a gamble on a 6-7 point who is a pass first. maybe S&T Arroyo & Dooling future 2nds (i'm pushing for assets)

Draft a solid wing player

PG Livingston - Jameer playing solid 6th man minutes to cause havoc with a 1-2 point punch that are polar opposites.

SG Pietruis for D or Maggette for O. Peitruis has more upside and if he works on his J looks like a better long term fit but C Mag gets to the line a good 8 times a game and you know what you get.

SF Lewis - back where he belongs. watch the improvement

PF Smiiiiiiiiiith - DEEEEEEEEEEEEFENSE and crazy jams. put a J on this game that only even extends to 20 ft and he will be deadly on O

C .......Foyle? Dwight...put any sort of J even if it's only a 12 ft'r and theres no stopping this guy

Okay, I'm a massive Hedo fan, but even I'd pull the trigger on that one. No one would ever score on us. We'd still need a good PF, though.

You can't trade Hedo for Smith straight up. Smith wants a minimum of 11mill a year.

I don't think ATL will end up playing with Otis. If we got Smith, our Defense would be insane. That is not good for our division rivals.

Ya, they are division rivals, don't think they would do it,but Hedo go way back with Bibby, and he is also what they need at the 3, the Hwaks, IMO will be better with Turk, imagin this starting lineup, Nibby, Johnson, Turk, Horford, and Pachulia. Magic five, Nelson,Evans, Lewis,Smith and Howard. I think both teams will be better.