Sign in to follow this  
JUNY

good news,corey maggette!

This is great news,if the Magic really want to field a championship caliber team they have to pony up some cash,especially to fill up that beautifull new Arena they are building, I personally think they will go over the cap.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

The Magic value Hedo more then Maggette. If we get him, it will be an S&T. If we traded Cook and JJ and got Magette, I would jump out of a window with glee. I can't see LA doing that.

LA will do it, if he tells them he wants to go to Orlando, because they would prefer to get at least something for him.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

can't he come here for a year at mle and then re-sign for more which we could give him...

I thought we could go over the cap with re-signing our own players.

Has to be under contract for 3 years before a team acquires bird rights.

The Magic can sign Maggette for 5 years starting at MLE amount(apprx 6 million) and increase the pay 8% ea. succeeding year. We can also front load(if not over lux tax) the pay out (receives money quicker).

Maggette gets immediate interest or investment return on up front pay out and gets benefit of state income tax savings mentioned earlier.

***Breaking***

I was just relayed info from a high Magic source that the Magic DO have interest in Maggette. In fact, he was the first name mentioned by the source regarding targeted FAs.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

***Breaking***

I was just relayed info from a high Magic source that the Magic DO have interest in Maggette. In fact, he was the first name mentioned by the source regarding targeted FAs.

Man I hope your source is right,this would be huge for us.

quote:

***Breaking***

Great News! I was watching the Magic season wrap-up show on Sun Sports earlier, and they interviewed Otis; he said he thinks we're one piece away from contending for a championship, and that free agency will be interesting because there are so many free agents with so few teams with cap space. Then he mentioned "creative financing" again, and I got a strong feeling he was talking about Corey Maggette.

This doesn't me we are going to get him, but it does mean we have eyes for him being in blue and white.

IMO, he is exactly what we need ... a go-to guy who can get to the line.

Did you hear that? Soul Bro just guaranteed that we're landing Maggette. And if we don't, he'll feel the wrath of Magic Nation!

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

Did you hear that? Soul Bro just guaranteed that we're landing Maggette. And if we don't, he'll feel the wrath of Magic Nation!

I so badly wish I could let you all in on this source!!! It is driving me nuts!!!

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

quote:

***Breaking***

Great News! I was watching the Magic season wrap-up show on Sun Sports earlier, and they interviewed Otis; he said he thinks we're one piece away from contending for a championship, and that free agency will be interesting because there are so many free agents with so few teams with cap space. Then he mentioned "creative financing" again, and I got a strong feeling he was talking about Corey Maggette.

Tomas_w_gun_2_head.jpg

w.taxi.jpg

***?***

Soul Bro, other names mentioned?

Others were mentioned but not earmarked by my friend. My friend stopped the source mid-sentence and asked him how we could afford Maggette? No clear answer was offered.

Just what we need..another small forward. He may be shooting guard size but his position is small forward. His body is pretty bulky and strong and he's able to penetrate and find his way to the basket (And I'm not talking about the other type of penetration). If he was moved to small shooting guard....would he be able to guard shooting guards? I say no to this