Sign in to follow this  
JUNY

good news,corey maggette!

We ARE going to get Corey Maggette IMO. Dwight, Rashard, Jameer, Hedo... they're all likable guys... just like Dwight/Jameer "recruited" Lewis last summer, our guys will convince Maggs to join the Magic. Plus, like you guys mentioned, he has family roots in the area. I imagine we could land him in a sign and trade involving Redick, Cook (serviceable players with contracts expiring in a year), and future picks.

And if we did get Maggs, I'd stay with a small lineup...

PG - Jameer Nelson

SG - Corey Maggette

SF - Hedo Turkoglu

PF - Rashard Lewis

C - Dwight Howard

*Oh, and I forgot to add, I'm sure the dude wants to win a championship at some point in his career, so what better place...

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

*Oh, and I forgot to add, I'm sure the dude wants to win a championship at some point in his career, so what better place...

If you look at the 3 best Eastern Conference teams of Boston, Detroit, and Orlando, we are the only team with the SG position open.

The Magic value Hedo more then Maggette. If we get him, it will be an S&T. If we traded Cook and JJ and got Magette, I would jump out of a window with glee. I can't see LA doing that.

Can someone please tell me what teams are under the cap this summer? I know Memphis, Philly, and Seattle are.

This argument may change if I am missing a team another team that may be an attractive option but....does anyone think Maggette will sign with one of those 3 teams? I sure don't. I don't think someone like Maggette would be any of those teams top priority anyway. Seattle just drafted Durant and Green. Memphis has Mike Miller...unless they trade him. Philly has Iguodala. Maybe there is something that I'm missing.

Maggette can be had for the midlevel exception. That doesn't mean we will sign him but it should put us in contention for his services. The fact that he still has a house and family here certainly doesn't hurt our cause.

I think a lot of people on here are delusional. Maggette will cost a lot. His numbers compare well to Rashard's before he came and how much did he cost? Corey is easily one of the best slashers in the league. This last year he got to the line more than anyone besides Dwight. IMO, he is probably looking for 12+ million/year. And after thinking about it more, there is no way the Magic pony that up. No way. IMO, the only way we land Corey is if he takes the mid-level, which I don't see happening.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I don't know if this is good news for us, but it is for somebody. Maggette didn't opt out to re-sign with LA & I doubt he did so with unrealistic expectations either.

Killin', I disagree. He opted out b/c his current contract would only let him sign a 3 year/24 million dollar extension. Now he can re-sign with the Clips for a longer, more lucrative deal.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I don't know if this is good news for us, but it is for somebody. Maggette didn't opt out to re-sign with LA & I doubt he did so with unrealistic expectations either.

Killin', I disagree. He opted out b/c his current contract would only let him sign a 3 year/24 million dollar extension. Now he can re-sign with the Clips for a longer, more lucrative deal.

I agree. He won't come for the MLE, he has great numbers, almost star numbers, and he can get a better deal.

I love the guy but I don't think we stand a chance.

PPG 22.1 RPG 5.60 APG 2.7 EFF + 19.19

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

U might be proven right. What you're saying is typically the case, makes sense. But, Maggette has been trying to get out of LA, at least away from the Clips, since his rookie deal expired. My opinion is based on that.

I don't see the Clips offering him more than what you are discussing here. Again, could be proven wrong. But, I'd be real, real surprised if he ends up back with Clips.

I feel he wants to come here b/c his parents live here and he wants to win. He has been in the league for 9 years on garbage teams. I think he would take a little less or equal to money for a championship chase.

The guy I think we have a better chance of getting for the MLE is Jamison. He's gotten paid and is quite a bit older. Plus, he smiles a lot and so does Dwight (wink).

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Can someone please tell me what teams are under the cap this summer? I know Memphis, Philly, and Seattle are.

Phily & Charlotte are basically it.

I don't think Memphis & Seattle will be that far under the cap after the draft.

Other teams could be if they don't re-sign players who are highly likely to re-sign.