Sign in to follow this  
Marc Acres 3:16

Otis expecting Foyle to opt out (Sentinel).

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Anderson 4 President:

Foyle wasn't all THAT bad. I mean he was still very on point with his blocking. That and he played decent defense.

Obviously his offense wasn't his forte, but I couldn't help but go nuts when he would hit the occasional sweeping hook!

No, but with Foyle out of the way, Gortat should pick up more PT... pending any trades/drafts/FA additions of course.

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Orlando Magic center Adonal Foyle, who served as the backup to Dwight Howard last season, is expected to exercise an option later this week to become an unrestricted free agent.

Foyle, 33, would be leaving behind the $1.26 million that the Magic would have paid him next season under the original two-year contract he signed on Aug. 24, 2007.

His opt-out and probable departure -- which is a mild surprise -- would add to the Magic's summertime list of things to accomplish, further emphasizing the need to strengthen their frontcourt around Howard with more defense and rebounding.

Foyle, who didn't immediately return phone messages left for him at his home in California, must notifify the Magic by June 15 if he wants to opt out.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-bk-magic-adon...1008,0,6756102.story

Doesn't make a lot of sense but I guess this isn't a bad thing. It saves us money and clears some room for Warlock to play.

I'm detecting a little desperation for news - LOL

No joke, I'm looking around the internet for anything that doesn't mention Kobe or Pierce's knee. The offseason is rough.

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

This is Stan Fault. First, Carlos doesn't wants comeback, he was unhappy, and now Foyle wants opt out too for the same reason. I hope that Stan change his communication approach with the players. This is no a good sign at all.

Well, to me I say give Stan a raise for these two moves!!!!

The only thing he could have done better was sit Bogans enough to make him want to opt out also...

I think we are getting rid of 2 players that did not fit our team, and Bogans hopefully can be traded also, since he will not opt out.

This will give us the needed room on the roster to upgrade those positions.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Anderson 4 President:

Foyle wasn't all THAT bad. I mean he was still very on point with his blocking. That and he played decent defense.

Obviously his offense wasn't his forte, but I couldn't help but go nuts when he would hit the occasional sweeping hook!

No, but with Foyle out of the way, Gortat should pick up more PT... pending any trades/drafts/FA additions of course.

Oh trust me, I agree 147%!

"Hi Kurt Thomas. It's Dwight, aka Superman, the Manchild. Will you guard my back in the post with the likes of Batman, Warlock, and Cookie Monster? You are guaranteed cartoon status."

This would be good news unless Otis would have used him to facilitate a trade (which is unlikely). We don't need Foyle tying up a roster or cap space. Even keeping Augie around on the roster would be better. So, if true, minor miracle, and positive. Seems likely Foyle would just cost a prospect a spot if he hung around.