Insider Info

This is what I want this off-season

Rush or CDR

Duhon

and just 1 PF more than Battie could be a 2nd rounder big

that simple

I am now thinking this way:

DRAFT

1. CDR is our number one priority. CDR is NBA ready. If we don't get him at #22, we will draft a player that another team wants in consideration for 2 later picks (probably 2nd rd.)

Interesting comment from Cad Ford - " Also, can you believe that Chris Douglas-Roberts could be taken 27th? I'd take that guy with the 15th pick if I had the chance"

2. If we get our guy at SG in the draft we will use the MLE for backups for PG and PF. Pietrus, in this case, would not be sought. (San Antonio, Toronto, Miami, and others will be seeking Pietrus' services and will probably drive his price too high.)

EXISTING MAGIC PLAYERS NOT UNDER CONTRACT

1. Bogans, Foyle, and Gortat are likely to be signed.

2. Dooling, and Evans are not likely resigned because they will want a minimum of 3 years on their contract. The Magic will not want to extent beyond 2 years.

TRADE:

The backup PG position will be the most difficult position to fill in that the qualified players will want more money than Orlando is willing to pay. Getting a young PG from a team like Memphis for Redick, for example, would be our best tactic.

MLE:

Otis talked about getting as many as 3 players. That tell me he is looking for vets w/ short term contracts like Kurt Thomas.

LEWIS:

Rashard will be starting many of the games at PF position because much of our opposition will be playing small ball.

TURKOGLU:

Turkoglu will not opt out summer of 2009. The Magic will not address his contract they have looked at their other options. Turkoglu will start at SF, SG, and come off the bench.

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

This is what I want this off-season

Rush or CDR

Duhon

and just 1 PF more than Battie could be a 2nd rounder big

that simple

I agree with this line of thinking. All we need is a dependable shooting guard like Rush or CDR.

Sign a decent backup PG like Duhon.

Acquire a 2nd round pick or late 1st and pick up DJ White, JJ Hickson or Jason Thompson.

So wait, we are trying to negotiate a sign and trade with Arroyo, but he already has a deal worked out with another team? Isn't THAT collusion?

The only team I've heard who wants him is NY.

I was just thinking, wouldn't this make sense? We want Pietrus right, but we have Bogans and JJ + we're most likely drafting a SG, so it wouldn't make any sense. Bogans, I don't think much of us want him to stick around so what about a sign-and-trade for Pietrus?

Pietrus is gonna leave anyway so GSW may want to get something for him. We could trade Bogans (2.5 mil) and combine Bogans with a third of the MLE (2 mil) for a signed Pietrus (4.5 mil). Then give the rest to Duhon (4 mil).

then we'd have:

Pietrus, CDR/Rush, JJ

Nelson, Duhon

The other "inside" folks around the web are saying the Magic may be trying to trade Arroyo to Miami in a deal for our favorite Haslem.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

The other "inside" folks around the web are saying the Magic may be trying to trade Arroyo to Miami in a deal for our favorite Haslem.

Where are you seeing that, Willis? Realgm? I want to check it out.

quote:
Originally posted by star_phenom35:

I was just thinking, wouldn't this make sense? We want Pietrus right, but we have Bogans and JJ + we're most likely drafting a SG, so it wouldn't make any sense. Bogans, I don't think much of us want him to stick around so what about a sign-and-trade for Pietrus?

Pietrus is gonna leave anyway so GSW may want to get something for him. We could trade Bogans (2.5 mil) and combine Bogans with a third of the MLE (2 mil) for a signed Pietrus (4.5 mil). Then give the rest to Duhon (4 mil).

then we'd have:

Pietrus, CDR/Rush, JJ

Nelson, Duhon

You can't mix and match CAP exemptions like that.

Soul Bro, I asked this question earlier and I'm gonna ask you again.

First round we draft either Rush or CDR. You said you didn't think Mo Evans was gonna re-up(I think).

There is no way Otis is going into next season with Bogans, Redick and a rookie as the only shooting guards on the roster! No way!

Which means he'll(Otis) be exploring the free agent market or looking at trades to try and acquire another shooting guard. Which means, again, that Redick would be 4th string shooting guard? See my point?

Unless Bogans is traded, which doesn't seem likely, Redick would seem to be as good as gone which I think contradicts your opening statement that it looks as if Redick will be returning.

Time will tell.

Junkie, I was told the Magic are going to be very active in FA. Towards what position? I don't know.

Regarding Redick, I think everyone on here knows I personally would like him traded. However, my source alluded that he was going to be here next year. I'll check back with him to see if he has anything more specific. icon_wink.gif