Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Insider Info

Otis Smith wants reallly bad to show that he has done a decent job with the draft. I say Redick stays on the team and that Vasquez is coming over this season. Otis needed to know the status of Fran before the draft, so you know he has been working on it.

I say the news is:

A buy out has been worked out for Franny Vasquez.

He has to talk with his girlfriend before signing the new contract with the Magic. Stay cautious!!

Okay, so the "insider guy" doesn't appear ready to unveil himself to the board. So I will simply tell you all what he told me:

1. With #22 in the draft, Otis wants Rush, then CDR, then BPA. Otis really likes Rush for his ability to shoot.

2. Dorsey isn't that highly regarded by Otis b/c he can't shoot AT ALL.

3. Hedo isn't going anywhere unless it is a ridiculous deal. (The thought of trading him is a joke to Otis).

4. It is assumed by Otis that Keyon is going to follow the best money available on the market.

5. At this point, JJ is set to return and not be traded by Otis.

6. We will be major players in FA but no specific targets were mentioned.

Not major info but pertinent none the less.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Okay, so the "insider guy" doesn't appear ready to unveil himself to the board. So I will simply tell you all what he told me:

1. With #22 in the draft, Otis wants Rush, then CDR, then BPA. Otis really likes Rush for his ability to shoot.

3. Hedo isn't going anywhere unless it is a ridiculous deal. (The thought of trading him is a joke to Otis).

4. It is assumed by Otis that Keyon is going to follow the best money available on the market.

Look to me soul Bro that the inf. that you have is the same that I have 2 weeks ago. Look my post the points #2,4,5,6,and7. Some of them had been discuss in the spanish thread by me and other members.

Soul Bro, what are your thoughts in relation to this inside info you have posted. Agree or disagree? If Otis's summer plans went the way you want, how would it be? If Dooling bolts, who and how do we fill his spot?

If the Pistons trade some of their key pieces and Orlando somehow gets the upperhand on them next season, do you see us being a player for the ECF/NBA Finals and do you agree with Otis's plan? How much more improvement do you see Dwight making next year since each season he has been in the league has been a steady diet of progresion?

I could go on with my test but I'm sure you get the idea. Ha-Ha.

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Look to me soul Bro that the inf. that you have is the same that I have 2 weeks ago. Look my post the points #2,4,5,6,and7. Some of them had been discuss in the spanish thread by me and other members.

That is great. I suppose it further verifies the info.

I am happy that Otis likes Rush and CDR. Hopefully, we can snag one of them. That BPA business is garbage that low in the draft.

I will be really surprised to see Rush slip past Phoenix at 15. He fits their system perfectly. In the very remote chance he is available I will be very happy to get him. I also will be quite happy to land CDR as well. He's as solid a backup plan as we could hope for this far down in the draft.

I'm slightly disappointed that Otis doesn't care for Dorsey (although him actually being 6'6 did give me pause) but like others have pointed out there are other solid options out there. Hendrix or Jawai would be good options as well. I really hope he takes a hard look at Jawai actually.