Sign in to follow this  
Nick Anderson 4 President

Orlando Magic finish 2 days of workouts, interviews with NBA draft prospects (Povtak)

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Anderson 4 President:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

Jareth, great minds think alike.

Great minds think alike my A-Z-Z! Ya'll can take Tony Battie with you to another second round exit again next year!!

Otis better get up off his butt and get a vet or two bigs in here.

And I ain't talkin about Brian Cook either.

Please show me in the article where Otis says he's not going to get another PF in the offseason. All it says is that it's not his first priority.

Quit spazzing out BJ.

It should his "FIRST" priority!

So if we have the following "PF's" on our roster next year:

Tony Battie

Rashard Lewis

Brian Cook

Fran Vasquez (Sorry Marc)

Marcin Gortat (Maybe they move him to the 4)

You would consider using our 22nd pick on a PF who may not even be worth that pick? Doesn't sound too smart to me. I'd say that isn't our no.1 priority at that point. Like I said, I'm sure Otis will address our big need through one of our various options.

We need a starting caliber, banger power forward and to me, Tony Battie is not the answer. To me he is a back-up.

I'm sure that plenty of guys on this board will agree with me when they read this thread too.

quote:

We need a starting caliber, banger power forward and to me, Tony Battie is not the answer. To me he is a back-up.

I'm sure that plenty of guys on this board will agree with me when they read this thread too.

Nobody said he IS the answer.

Dude do you talk to yourself over there or something? I think you are hearing voices.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

So who can we get with the 22nd pick or our MLE that is a staring caliber PF? As of right now, that is what we have to work with.

If Otis wants to wheel and deal to get one he can. The point is he better. Trades, free agent pick-ups, I don't care.

If Otis is counting on Battie to start and play major minutes at the "4" we ain't gonna go no farther in the playoffs next year then we did this year.

My opinion.

quote:

quote:

Nobody said he IS the answer.

Dude do you talk to yourself over there or something? I think you are hearing voices.

Dude, do us both a favor and "SHUT-UP"!

battie isnt very good...nor is he worth his contract, imo. i am hopeful that this is just posturing from otis. there are certainly going to be bigs available, its up to him to get one.

I love that he's looking to get a back-up point guard. Please Chris Duhon. Please no names of Keyon Dooling or Carlos Arroyo on the roster.

Thank the Lawd that Otis sees our biggest need is a back-up PG. Whew, I was beginning to worry he couldn't prioritize.

Where are you finding these articles though???

I go on O-Sen's Magic home page and I see nothing of this. It has Doc Rivers story on the cover. And before that it had Dorsey, White work-out for like a week.