Sign in to follow this  
D-BoFats

Would you EVER consider Crawford and Randolph from the Knicks (with 6th pick)?

I'll have to come to DoM's defense on this one.

His point is that when a white American player does well, the vast majority of white America (with no malice intended, just natural pride) overreacts and overstates that players ability (see JJ Redick).

It's no different than the Arroyo fans from PR overstating his worth, or the Hedo fans from Turkey. It's the same concept. There is nothing wrong with it, other than what he pointed out: that player becomes overrated by the fan base, and is usually not quite as good as he is made out to be.

That was not hating or racist. He did not criticize or belittle him for being white. He simply expressed the opinion that the white populace in NY has overstated and overvalued his skills.

You may agree with that, or disagree. But it was neither hateful or racist.

Geez, the PC police need to lighten up.

quote:
Drunk on Malice? Seriously? There are girl scouts born with flippers and no mouths that talk better trash then that.

As for your Lee is the next Ewing argument, I'm curious, how much medication are you on? I think at my highest point, the worst thing I ever argued about basketball was that Havlicek was vastly underrated because he played next to Russell. I can't imagine the amount of drugs I'd need to convince me that a guy who moves with the fluidity of banging two pipes together and has no more athleticism than Danny Schayes had is going to be the next Ewing.

Does you hate know any bounds? I know a couple of girl scouts that were born with flippers and no mouths and they would be very offended by your hatist attitude. They can talk (well sign with their flippers actually) trash as well as anyone. That is the type of sterotyping that we all need to get away from.

I'm on a few types of drugs to keep me level. The riddelin and cocaine were doctor prescribed and I would greatly appreciate it if you wouldn't make fun of me for it. Its a legitimate sickness and I shouldn't have to explain myself to you.

Its pretty clear that the black man (Isiah Thomas) was trying to keep the white man down. Why else would Thomas play Edie "feed me another donut" Curry? He was afraid that David Lee would come in the game and start straight schooling some people. The NBA is a feeding ground for reverse racism. Its very hard for a white player to break in...and when a truly great one comes around like Keith Van Horn and Jon Barry everyone wants to label them as overrated. Well, I think the hate needs to stop here. Lets go ahead and start the campaign to get David Lee voted in the Hall of Fame now. He is a sure thing.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Didn't David Lee win a dunk contest? There's a joke here involving Danny Schayes and the local JCC, but I'm not gonna tell it.

I remember him and James White trying to one-up each other when they were both incoming Gator freshmen.

Speaking of hate...is it OK that I hate the Gators? I hate all the various Gator colors equally. I'm an equal-opportunity Gator Hater...unlike that hatist DOM.

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

What if we where all colorblind? Would that make a difference?

No. Color blind people still see shades of gray...

That does sound like a discriminatory remark towards color blind people, doesn't it?

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

quote:

That does sound like a discriminatory remark towards color blind people, doesn't it?

That's right! Blind people have feelings too! In fact, they have to use more of them, to make up for being blind.

I thouht JJ was the great white hope, not lee.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's right! Blind people have feelings too! In fact, they have to use more of them, to make up for being blind.

We aren't talking about blind people, but color blind people....there is a difference and they are a much smaller group.

Clearly, you all have forgotten Brian "Big Country" Reeves: THE GREATEST CENTER TO EVER PLAY OF ALL TIME EVAR IN ANY SPORT ON THE PLANET EARTH FROM FORT SMITH KANSAS AND PLAYED FOR THE GRIZZLIES.

Freakin' haters.

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

Clearly, you all have forgotten Brian "Big Country" Reeves: THE GREATEST CENTER TO EVER PLAY OF ALL TIME EVAR IN ANY SPORT ON THE PLANET EARTH FROM FORT SMITH KANSAS AND PLAYED FOR THE GRIZZLIES.

Freakin' hatists.

I fixed it for you.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

We aren't talking about blind people, but color blind people....there is a difference and they are a much smaller group.

Don't label me.

You're clearly not only a color blindist, you're also a labelist.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Don't label me.

You're clearly not only a color blindist, you're also a labelist.

No No, I am not a labelist, you labeler....I am just trying to be equitative and just..but clearly some people need "labels" to function in this world.