Sign in to follow this  
lavell12

Will JJ be traded on draft night?

I'm convinced that is when he will be moved. I think the Magic will pickup a second rounder in another deal while trading JJ and 22 to move up and get Rush.

Do you think draft night is the time he is moved?

I'm convinced that is when he will be moved. I think the Magic will pickup a second rounder in another deal while trading JJ and 22 to move up and get Rush.

Do you think draft night is the time he is moved?

I think there's a very good chance of it. We hear a lot of trade scenerios involving the Magic, moving up, acquiring a high 2nd, tell me who else we even have on this roster to trade?

I DON'T KNOW WHERE ELSE TO PUT THIS SO...

I was browsing the measurements of past draft candidates and I found JJ's wingspan interesting. He actually has alligator arms, meaning his wingspan is shorter than his height. That's pretty uncommon with men and extremely rare in athletic types.

In fact, most scouts will lable a prospect as having alligator arms who only has a slightly positive, what is referred to as ape factor, wingspan - height.

The age factor is actually something scouts look at as much as verticals, and 40x in sports along with a ton of things that would probably make you shake your head. I actually looked through several years worth of draft candidates and couldn't find a single one with a negative ape factor. Did find a couple with a neutral AF, including Travis Diener. Monta Ellis was really the only athletic type with a fairly neutral AF at +.5". Even squaty little Jameer had like a +3".

Maybe you would have to have been put through the meat market to find that as interesting as me, but I found that a little odd.

although i think that jj would be a great asset to package with our current pick to move up...

..the more i think about it, the less i think he will be moved on draft night. the reason for this is the uncertainty at the sg position. evans is an unrestricted FA, who might not be back. dooling is a FA, who cant sign until july...things happen...and bogans wont be picking up his option before july either. if we trade jj, then we have no sg's on the roster technically. thats too big of a risk. do you think that otis would leave us beyond thin at the sg?

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

although i think that jj would be a great asset to package with our current pick to move up...

..the more i think about it, the less i think he will be moved on draft night. the reason for this is the uncertainty at the sg position. evans is an unrestricted FA, who might not be back. dooling is a FA, who cant sign until july...things happen...and bogans wont be picking up his option before july either. if we trade jj, then we have no sg's on the roster technically. thats too big of a risk. do you think that otis would leave us beyond thin at the sg?

I believe that JJ will be trade in the draft night, because the Magic are looking for another sg anyway.

I think the magic will hold on to JJ untill they know if mo, keyon, or kebo will stay. if one or two of them leave, they may hold on to him. As for rush, we may not even have to trade up for him if he slips just a little. CDR would also probally be available at the pick the magic have.

Trading up to get Rush would be right up there with the dumbest things the Magic ever did. Worst case sen, if he's not there at 22 there are way too many talented guys to think Rush is worth trading up for.

quote:

I was browsing the measurements of past draft candidates and I found JJ's wingspan interesting. He actually has alligator arms, meaning his wingspan is shorter than his height. That's pretty uncommon with men and extremely rare in athletic types.

In fact, most scouts will lable a prospect as having alligator arms who only has a slightly positive, what is referred to as ape factor, wingspan - height.

What a stat! I really had a big chuckle when I read this, Killing.

Obviously, from a defensive standpoint it would be a big hindrance to a players effectiveness.

Where do you find these stats anyway, Killing?

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

QUOTE]

What a stat! I really had a big chuckle when I read this, Killing.

Obviously, from a defensive standpoint it would be a big hindrance to a players effectiveness.

Where do you find these stats anyway, Killing?

What is Yao Ming's? I would bet he is neutral or negative, he looks like a T-Rex.

To answer the question, I have no clue what Otis is up to. I don't think anybody else does either.

Lawl, to use YourFatPat's words! There are so many variables in place this summer that it is making me crazy pondering the possibilities.