Sign in to follow this  
nbr

Nemesis Suitor?

quote:
Originally posted by bballbabe:

It will be interesting to see who stays and goes with a new coach. I would guess Wallace before Dice, but who really knows.

i'd think so too. Not only because Wallace holds more value but he is also the most disruptive.

I'm thinking something different will happen now. I could be wrong but Joe D doesn't seem to make too many drastic moves, I wonder if he doesn't keep the team intact, at least till the trade deadline to see how they respond to a new coach.

I think Avery Johnson might be the new coach in Detroit. I don't have any sources it's just a hunch.

From an article in the Detroit free press (sorry about the link, I got this via hoopshype.com)

"Chauncey Billups and Rasheed Wallace are most likely to go..."

"...The Pistons believe Rodney Stuckey can be an elite point guard

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

After I picked myself up off the floor, I thought I might ask what everyone else thought about this.

They're greatly overestimating Billups's trade value. Yes, his salary is reasonable in a relative sense, except that he'll be 33 before next season starts. No young rebuilding team is going to want to give 11.5m a season to an aging point guard, and most teams currently in the hunt would have to sacrifice too many assets to make that trade happen anyways, unless they traded valuable players, at which point the trade would just be a step sideways.

The reality is that most of the teams that have assets the Pistons might want wouldn't want Billups, and vice versa.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

After I picked myself up off the floor, I thought I might ask what everyone else thought about this.

They're greatly overestimating Billups's trade value. Yes, his salary is reasonable in a relative sense, except that he'll be 33 before next season starts. No young rebuilding team is going to want to give 11.5m a season to an aging point guard, and most teams currently in the hunt would have to sacrifice too many assets to make that trade happen anyways, unless they traded valuable players, at which point the trade would just be a step sideways.

The reality is that most of the teams that have assets the Pistons might want wouldn't want Billups, and vice versa.

I didn't realize he was that old, for some reason I thought he was going to be 31 this year.

quote:

From an article in the Detroit free press (sorry about the link, I got this via hoopshype.com)

"Chauncey Billups and Rasheed Wallace are most likely to go..."

"...The Pistons believe Rodney Stuckey can be an elite point guard