Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Message for Dorsey fans: He's coming to workout and wants to play with Dwight!(Denton

I think a team like the Pistons would take a look at drafting Dorsey with their late first.

But I don't know about Jawai. Because he is under the radar. And two, I don't think the league is Australia is anywhere close to the caliber of Euroleague, at least.

Its not Euroleague, but it warrants more respect than that.

Jawai is a quality prospect and for a country of 20 million people, which predominantly play National organized competitions, such as AFL/NRL and Cricket, the quality that we produce, even at a small rate, I think is exceptional. Our programs that are in place for youth are improving by the day, our education on various sports and athletics is improving by the day. This country loves sports, it lives it and breathes it.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is in BIG TROUBLE. Wow, wow, wow.

Hear me now, I don't want him. He can't shoot ... at all. So we would draft him for his ability to defend bigs and rebound. At 6'7'' with shoes, there is no way he can defend KG, Sheed, Amare, Duncan, etc.

I feel for the kid but this is an atomic bomb for his draft stock.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Hear me now, I don't want him. He can't shoot ... at all. So we would draft him for his ability to defend bigs and rebound. At 6'7'' with shoes, there is no way he can defend KG, Sheed, Amare, Duncan, etc.

Jason Maxiell is 6'7" and isn't too shabby....

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Jason Maxiell is 6'7" and isn't too shabby....

Milsap is listed at 6'8 which is very generous as well. I think Scola is about that height as well. Undersized power forward are quickly becoming the norm in the league. The most important thing is how well Dorsey did defending the other top competition that he faced and for the most part he shut them down.

A big wide bodied guy who understand's rebounding postitioning will not have a problem on the boards. If he's strong and laterally quick enough he should be able to play defense in the post where positioning is key.

Interesting, gotta admit, that surprises me. I thought he might prove 6'7+, 6'8+ in shoes much like Ben Wallace. I've seen Dorsey in person & def thought his height was fairly legit. Also seeing him up against other bigs, he didn't appear short as Hendix does. Guess his girth and wingspan create an optical illusion.

I've seen Barkley in person & I'd bet any amount he's not over 6'4". But, you're talking about a very unique player.

Can't really say is changes my opinion cuz I've seen him handle big boys like Hibbert with no problem, but it's def a concern.

I still am in shock. Yes, Maxiell is short ... shorter actually. Yet Maxiell has an explosive offensive game to go along with a feisty defensive game. Dorsey virtually has no offensive game and has a questionable motor. Now he has one other huge knock against him ... he's a real shorty compared to the superior bigs of the league. Plus, keep in mind, that Maxiell and Milsap have been ineffective against the KGs and Duncans of the league. Yes, they are good but not good enough. Wow. Look, I'm gonna have to chew on this one a while. No way we touch him in the first ... anywhere. Second? I still don't know.

What does this mean? You guys tell me.

I'm reading over it right now (interesting stuff), not sure if this is as big of a deal as it is being made out to be.

Dorsey's wingspan is 7.5 compare that to Hendrix with a 7-3 wingspan. Hendrix measured at just a hair under 6-9 in shoes but because of the shorter wingspan Dorsey's standing reach is only 1 inch shorter than Hendrix. I'm no expert but I would say that standing reach would be much more important for a post defender than where their head measures out at.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Entire-NBA-Pre-Draf...sults-Released-2911/

Edit some more food for thought, Dorsey's 3/4 court sprint came in faster than Beasley's and was only 16 spots behind OJ Mayo's (separated by .06 seconds).