Sign in to follow this  
Greg Kite for Three!

Play by Play Breakdown and Analysis of 4th Quarter Game 5 (including officiating).

Okay, this is getting pathetic: I've been a fan of the Magic since '89, so I've been through a lot of pain with this team.

This is all you need to take away: the Pistons are a good team. The reason they are a good team is because they've got a roster full of smart, veteran players.

Smart, veteran players are generally good at fouling and not getting caught, or acting like they were fouled to the point where a ref has to blow the whistle.

Seriously, look at the teams that win the championship year after year and you start to notice that they all have guys that 'take charges' (ie. flop), get fouled (ie. 'scream loudly and throw up their arms like they've been shot if someone is within breathing distance'), and so on.

The Pistons were the veteran team doing what they had to do. They were the better team. This time.

Our team will get there, eventually.

quote:

Smart, veteran players are generally good at fouling and not getting caught, or acting like they were fouled to the point where a ref has to blow the whistle.

Seriously, look at the teams that win the championship year after year and you start to notice that they all have guys that 'take charges' (ie. flop), get fouled (ie. 'scream loudly and throw up their arms like they've been shot if someone is within breathing distance'), and so on.

The Pistons were the veteran team doing what they had to do. They were the better team. This time.

Our team will get there, eventually.

So what you're trying to preach is that, "don't worry everyone, the Magic will get good at flopping?"

The Pistons out rebounded, out free-throwed, out second chance shot, and out benched Orlando. That's what the Magic should focus on before they start critiquing their own flopping.

Guys, the series is over, you can stop rubbing it in. Magic fans should be able to come here and gripe about the series without being called pathetic by Pistons fans. This IS the MAGIC message boards after all.

The two Pistons fans posting in here currently have been pretty stand up so far, and I anticipate we will welcome you back here this time next year. But for now, wouldn't it be more fun for you guys to go to the Celtics forum?

angh... the Celtics are too worried about Cleveland to talk Pistons.

...I can't believe Cleveland lost last night after scolding the Celt's so bad in the first half.

Thank you for this trade. I enjoyed the first post/analysis very much. It again shows my point I made in other threads that, you can't expect our guys (Hedo and Dwight) to deliver results when the officials are obviously against them.

MA

We sucked a lot and the Pistons were down a guy. It ain't right, but the refs always make calls that favor the more aggressive team that isn't making as many mistakes.

I will say though.. this talk from Pistons fans about "playoff fouls" and crap.. your guy Rip is a freakin' GIRL. I'm not sure it's possible to be a proud fan of a team that has a flopper of Rip's caliber. Rip manipulating the officials is one of the things that really stands out in my mind from the series. Just absurd, I don't know when it started, but flopping is out of control. At this point, I'm beginning to think SVG should sit his guys down and tell them to start falling to the ground on contact, because the officials are more interested in calling fouls based on results of plays than they are in calling actual contact.

Hey Greg, just wanted to tell you that I/we appreciate you doing all this research. I know it must have been time consuming. I really enjoyed reading it. It was like I was reliving the game all over again.

And yes, I agree. The refeering in this series stunk!

Thanks for this contribution to the board.