Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

Statement Game Up Next.

The Magic have to show up for the Detroit game. Even if they lose, they have to play hard, foul hard (not dirty, but no easy baskets), and make Detroit know that a series with the Magic isn't going to be a four-and-out.

Detroit's going to try and send a message to the Magic and try to stomp on them. Hard. If the Magic can pull off an upset win, though....

Go Magic!

The Magic have to show up for the Detroit game. Even if they lose, they have to play hard, foul hard (not dirty, but no easy baskets), and make Detroit know that a series with the Magic isn't going to be a four-and-out.

Detroit's going to try and send a message to the Magic and try to stomp on them. Hard. If the Magic can pull off an upset win, though....

Go Magic!

Another motivation the Pistons have is that they can impact who they meet in the 1st round.

Understandably so, the Pistons do NOT want to face NJ in the 1st round. VC, Kidd and Jefferson are just too dangerous, if they happen to get on a roll.

They would rather face us or Indiana.

Beating the Magic tomorrow night would go a long way in securing that scenario for them.

I do think that it will be a very competitive game. If we can continue with the effective ball movement, good things will happen.

No, I think the Magic will compete hard on Wednesday and thereafter. I am hoping they are realizing how good they can be with good ball movement and spreading the floor. If they slumber and fall, then I will be very disappointed -- but it has been a disappointing season already so there is nothing new with that!

It will hinge on whether or not Jameer and/or Hedo have a good night leading this team. Grant Hill has also been phenomenol as of late, so I hope he leads his new team vs. his former.

Go Magic!

quote:
Originally posted by LetsGoMagic:

so we beat the pistions and then lose to Philly and Boston...

you know its going to happen. Its ok to admit it.

LOL.

Geez, and I thought I was cynical !!

You may very well be right about Philly, but not about Boston.

They are intentionally losing games, so even this team can't stop a team from losing that really wants to. And we know that Boston has the perfect coach to lose games in large bunches.

I think this is a team that can match up well with the Pistons. Okay, maybe not Billups or Teyshawn, but we can at least compete with them. I just want to see a good game.

Okay, okay: I want to see the Magic win by one or two. A blowout would piss the Pistons off (heh) and make winning in the playoffs harder. Win by a point or two, though? In a hard-fought game? That puts a sliver of doubt in there.

I actually think we'll beat the Pistons but lose to Philly and/or Boston.

Athletically, we match up well with Detroit. I'd like to see us try and push them up and down the floor more and speed up the game because in the half court, we're done.

I think Detroit will be the last loss and I think we might even be surprised in that game. Bhill's back is to the wall if he doesn't make the playoffs. Desperation hopefully will keep his brain functioning right. This team has underachieved too long. If everyone can't pull it together with Grant Hill blaring in their ears that he wants to make the playoffs nothing will do it.

Our best chance is to run against them. Although the Pistons are a very experienced veteran team, they're no where near the top of the league in fast break points, like the Magic are. They're an old team.

One thing is for sure though, we cannot expect this team to miss wide open jump shots like the Bucks did. Pistons are dead last in points in the paint, and they won't hesitate to throw up a bunch of three's (Rasheed). We really need to bring our A game for this one.

Is there any team that gets under your skin more than the Pistons?

Am I the only Magic fan that feels like that?(lol) Better to laugh than cry I guess.

Seriously, you guys know the recent history between the Pistons and the Magic since the Grant Hill trade. It seems like they own us in every category.....trades, wins, championships and last but certainly not least "talking trash to Magic fans to rub it our faces"!

I could not believe what happened the last time the Pistons came to Orlando. And I'm surprised nobody mentioned it the next day on these boards.

I've attended a lot of Magic games in my day but I'll never forget walking out of Amway Arena that night and hoards of Detroit fans chanting, "DDDDEEEETTTTRRRROOOOIIIITTTT BBBBAAAASSSSKKKKEEEETTTTBBBBAAAALLLLLLLL"!!!

They were everywhere! As I was walking out of the Arena I spoke to some other Magic fans and said, "isn't this the Magic's home arena"? The person said "yeah, it's unbelievable isn't it"!

Magic fans had to walk out of our own arena being humiliated by hundreds of "trash talking Piston fans"!

I "HATED" every second of that walk to my car that night.

One more thing, if there is such a thing as what goes around comes around or every dog has his day or sooner or later the tide will turn back in the Magic's favor, I hope it starts tommorrow night.

Even better would be beating them in the playoffs.

Please don't tell me you gotta wait a while longer Junkie cause I can't stand losing everything to them anymore!(lol)