Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Tired of teams "TANKING"...

I'm so sick of these teams tanking these last few games for the sake of possibly getting Oden or Durant. Timberwolves say they'll play more young'ns now; Atlanta suspending Josh Smith for a couple games for "cursing" at the coach; Bucks locking down Redd for "knee pain"; Celtics doing the same for Al Jefferson, Delonte West, AND PIERCE. I am furious because these teams don't understand that their tanking pose serious problems for my fantasy team. I am at the begining of the championship week, and key players are now being held out. That's like benching Jordan in the finals to get Dwight Howard in the draft. These NBA coaches need a Herm Edwards mentality "PLAY TO WIN THE GAME"; not tanking to get better draft positions. I am so angry right now. I have serious $$$ on the line and I hope Oden AND Durant stay in school to show these "SMART" GMs up.

I'm so sick of these teams tanking these last few games for the sake of possibly getting Oden or Durant. Timberwolves say they'll play more young'ns now; Atlanta suspending Josh Smith for a couple games for "cursing" at the coach; Bucks locking down Redd for "knee pain"; Celtics doing the same for Al Jefferson, Delonte West, AND PIERCE. I am furious because these teams don't understand that their tanking pose serious problems for my fantasy team. I am at the begining of the championship week, and key players are now being held out. That's like benching Jordan in the finals to get Dwight Howard in the draft. These NBA coaches need a Herm Edwards mentality "PLAY TO WIN THE GAME"; not tanking to get better draft positions. I am so angry right now. I have serious $$$ on the line and I hope Oden AND Durant stay in school to show these "SMART" GMs up.

The Magic tanked to get dwight, everyone tanks, the Cavs basically tanked an entire season to get Lebron, so can u really blame these teasm for looking at there futures.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

The Magic tanked to get dwight, everyone tanks, the Cavs basically tanked an entire season to get Lebron, so can u really blame these teasm for looking at there futures.

It depends. If there are legitimate health concerns to star players, I say bench them if you are out of it. As a coach, however, I would make my first priority placing a team on the court that will be as competitive as possible, regardless of my record. Maybe I am old fashioned but I like the never-say-die mentality.

Sadly, I don't think that coaches have any say in "tanking," I think every coach wants to win on any given night. I think these decisions come from the upper-management.

If you were in last place in your fantasy league, and you belonged to a league in which the person with the worst record had the best chance at the first pick next year, i bet you would tank too.

If they end up having a losing record again, it may be a never ending pattern of tanking.

I'm in the championship round to, but all my players are on contending teams, except Al Jefferson from Boston...

I was smart enough to think ahead!

All teams due tend to tank but in my opinion this has been the worst year of all. Boston, Memphis, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Atlanta (does not even have their own pick), Seattle, etc. The best part is I have read that Boston will be giving Doc Rivers a contract extension. Its like they are rewarding him for properly tanking. Now with injuries you never know. When the Spurs lost Robinson for the year way back when they netted the number one pick and drafted some Tim Duncan guy. It will be interesting to see. I am sure the NBA would love to have Oden or Durant in Boston though.

Realistically you cannot blame teams for doing it, a player like Oden or Durant can turn your whole franchise around, much like Dwight will (in the end) for us.

It is dam frustrating from a fantasy standpoint though I agree, Pierce was my best fantasy player and now I have no chance!!