Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Tim Povtak says, "If Magic don't make playoffs the coaching staff needs to go"!

Actually its a big tease. He really doesn't say the Coaching staff should be fired. He says if they don't make the playoffs they will need to take a close look at it. In sports cliches that means nada.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Wow! Have you guys seen this? Click this link:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/

I have seen some of our local sportswriter's question Brian Hill's strategies but none of them have ever, to my knowledge come out and said I think he should be fired.

Not only is Povtak suggesting that but it is on the "front" page of The Orlando Sentinel. Complete with a color picture of Brian Hill!

Click the link and see it for yourself.

Holy Crap Junkie!!

I had to see it to believe it!! I still can't believe the homer Slantinel put that up on the front page.

I think Brian Schmitz is out of town ha,ha,ha,ha.

you guys pretty much missed one of the most important part too. the 3 21-year old players will be back after that all could change. Specifically the point.

Interesting quote from Brian Schmitz article:

"Hill said he's made mistakes this season, but believes the slumping Magic will improve once they mature."

I've been a Magic fan from the day Pat Williams made the announcement we were awarded a franchise, and this is the first time I have ever heard that Brian Hill has acknowledged having made mistakes.

I still think he should be fired, but I at least want to be fair in sharing this, as this has always been one of my greatest criticisms of his style.

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

you guys pretty much missed one of the most important part too. the 3 21-year old players will be back after that all could change. Specifically the point.

Totally agree ... just listened to it.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Otis isn't going anywhere nor should he. He has done a very good job.

emory you wouldn't be Otis by any chance would you? Brian says that your players need to mature. How long will that take?