Sign in to follow this  
the Judge

do these boards reflect the ethno-centric nature of humans?

I think accusing the coach of racism because he wont play Arroyo is completely ignorant and disrespectful to those that actually suffered the evils of prejudice and discrimination. If you're going to throw out these accusations please provide evidence. The Magic traded for him and Darko and gave him good minutes, used him for marketing campaigns and they are still giving him a chance even though he has been inconsistent. This doesn't mean I like Brian Hill as a coach. If he was really racist Arroyo would have gotten in a fight or would have asked for a trade. You think I would play for a racist coach? Hell no...

quote:
Originally posted by the Judge:

The FACT is that he has been unfavored for a player that has shown similar performance statistics, maybe for some good reason, but no one knows exactly why.

Well that brings up a key reason why theres this feeling of racism and though I admit to having my doubts from time to time I still don't believe its race based. What am I talking about? Brian Hill.

Most of us after an entire season can't get any sense of why he does what he does in terms of rotation. This makes people wonder all kinds of things because human nature leads us to want to find a sensible reason when we are faced with things that don't make sense. If you are used to being discriminated against and you are faced with a personnel situation like Jameer and Arroyo its perfectly understandable you would be tempted to think that its another case of discrimination. The Judge, Do arroyo fans understand that Brian Hill is just incompetent?

I can't fathom any other reason why Jameer doesn't get benched if for nothing else constantly calling his own number at the ends of game even when there a call form the sidelines for a different option.

Arroyo went from not playing to getting 10 min or so he just needs to continue playing hard and get back into the rotation. At this point in the season Brian Hill will ride his starters for better or worse.

quote:
Originally posted by Draco:

Arroyo went from not playing to getting 10 min or so he just needs to continue playing hard and get back into the rotation. At this point in the season Brian Hill will ride his starters for better or worse.

Excuse me? Are you talking about the whole season here, or you just pick and chose time frame to "justify" your bellowed B. Hill's incompetence?

Whoa chill dude. Why are you attacking me? I think that Arroyo is a good player that can get out of this slump despite the coach. In no way am I supporting Brian Hill in my previous post. Just accepting reality. Maybe you should too.

quote:
Originally posted by giggi:

quote:
Originally posted by Draco:

Excuse me? Are you talking about the whole season here, or you just pick and chose time frame to "justify" your bellowed B. Hill's incompetence?

quote:
Originally posted by Draco:Arroyo went from not playing to getting 10 min or so he just needs to continue playing hard and get back into the rotation...

Your above quote ignores string of brilliant games Arroyo gave in the beginning of season, and when "little *****" was out sick. Then, all of the sudden and for reason I never understood, Arroyo was riding a pine while unlimited time was given to "little *****" to "find" his game. Only at that point on, I could accept your quote. That is why I asked you for clarification.

quote:
I can't fathom any other reason why Jameer doesn't get benched if for nothing else constantly calling his own number at the ends of game even when there a call form the sidelines for a different option.
As much as I wouldn't like to say the truth about this, I might have to. One of the reasons why Jameer is still playing on this team, is because he is considered as one of the the future face of this franchise. Consistent playing time will just make him better. Jameer has also played a lot more better games than Carlos, even before Carlos was benched. Jameer has also knock down clutch shots.

quote:
Your above quote ignores string of brilliant games Arroyo gave in the beginning of season, and when "little *****" was out sick. Then, all of the sudden and for reason I never understood, Arroyo was riding a pine while unlimited time was given to "little *****" to "find" his game. Only at that point on, I could accept your quote. That is why I asked you for clarification.
well, sorry, but you pretty much ignored the series of games that Arroyo has played awfully after that string of games you are referring to. Its not really how you play it at the start, it is how you end it. True, it is not yet the end of the season, but, it could be for Carlos. His string of brilliant games isn't as much as the string of inconsistency he has shown.

One of the things that bothers me is this team's inconsistency. At one point of the season, we had on of the deepest bench, but now...

A little off the topic now, but here's my take on why Carlos being benched on Detroit has not been an issue, and being benched here is.

The Puerto Rican community in Florida is the largest here in all of America, thus every issue related to Carlos is magnified.

As far as the pg controversy is concerned, I think both has to go. Arroyo was given the opportunity and failed to deliver, I would suppose, that now, its a little too late as far as getting minutes are concerned. jameer has to go, coz he has the mentality of being the leader of this team, when clearly he is not.

I think that these board do not reflect any ethnocentricity, but the fact that we make cheap shots and fail to realize that any cheap shots can cause "flaming" because some people are not as sensitive as the other. Some fans also fail to accept criticisms.

As for the race is concerned, come on, its pointless. The, GM and best player of this team is an african-american. The coach and the owner is white. If this is based on race, this team should be an all-white team, for crying out loud. One of our starters is from Turkey, an international player just like Carlos.

Also, if Brian Hill is a racist, I'm pretty sure Arroyo would be on the inactive list every game, and would not be played even for a single millisecond, because all of our players are healthy, and this team is composed mainly of guards and not frontcourtcourt players.

OK:

1)Arroyo is out of his slup months ago(since Feb)

2) Brian Hill is a Moron not a racist(no proof and doesn't feel like it)

3) Why some posters here are so confrontional and at time go to threads to pick up a fight(for example kBerto) most are Nelson or Diener Fans ( I like them both as well)

4) there are people from Puerto Rico, there are Arroyo fans, then there are Hardcore Arroyo Fans, why treat them all the same? Makes you think.

5) Again B. Hill is a Moron including Otis

6) Why leave JJ on he bench if he is playing well? why Leave Arroyo in the bench if he was playing well? Because Hill is a Moron.

7) If you only see me watching a game in my house in PR in my 50" PLasma Jumping all over the couch(sofa) specially when Turk made that 3 point shot rooting for the magic like most of PR's.

a Note to Michelle:

Hi Michelle nice to meet you I like the way you express youself, just want to say that like you decide to not let people know how you feel how JJ is treated by coach some other have and just can't shut up about it and is fine this is a forum and the same goes to Arroyo fans and HAdrcore Arroyo fans witch the Hardcore fans at times are the ones who get some of you pissed off at times me as well the same that at times the make good points.

Oh and excuse for some of my bad spelling some posters here find that offensive for some weird reason I don't understand.

As I read through this debate I wonder, "Would you be having this discussion if Carlos' name was Pete and he was from Bullpeeter, Texas? What it boils down to is that Brian Hill is desperate to get into the playoffs and by that he makes what we interpret to be really bad decisions. I don't think it has anything to do with racism. He clearly has it in his mind what he wants to do and nothing will change that. I'm not happy that JJ sits and by the look on his face this past game, he was none too happy either. I'm not happy that Diener and Augustine are sitting in the back row in a suit when it's pretty **** clear that they have fresh legs and the spark that the team desparately needs at critical times in the game. Hill is playing his starters into the ground. They're gasping for air by the 4th quarter while JJ, Carlos, and the rest of the cast sit. They're fresh and even it were for 5-10 minutes to give the rest a break, they could be of help. Now I'm the first to say I'm not a fan of Carlos because I think his play is unpredictable and selfish at any given time. But I don't pretend to be the coach and don't try to figure out what's going through Hill's head when he makes unexplainable decisions. Speculating will drive you insane!

THE ONLY WAY TO STOP SUCH A WIDESPREAD ARGUMENT IS TO STOP RESPONDING TO THE SOURCE POST. THANK YOU.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicmaninMiami:

quote:
I also added-

"It doesn't make any of this right, it's just an explanation for what is happening."

and that somehow changes the fact that in fact all you were offering up is an explanation and a rationalization for why Arroyo supporters routinely get mercilessly bashed on these forums with not a whiff of how Arroy fans view things? IF I write now that I am not criticizing you would that make it true? Reminds me of how people say "I don't want to get into your personal business " just before they do.

How exactly am I supposed to offer up my opinion of how an Arroyo fan view's things? I am happy when he plays well and helps the team win but I am not going to pretend to know how someone feels that is a huge fan and/or has cultural ties with him, I will however listen to someone elses (in this case The Judge) feelings and begin to understand their side.

I am offereing up an explanation and in the process I hope that that will help others to understand the non-Arroyo supporters point of view. See you are missing my point entirely, telling people to just "get along" is a bandaid approach (and a cop-out IMO). I prefer to try and address the root of the problem which is a communication breakdown between 2 groups. You call it a defense of one side, I call it trying to help others gain an understanding of that side. You are also ignoring that I am trying to make people understand that all people that are fans of Carlos are not like Giggi, that doesn't fit your arguement so you twist it around to make it look like I am a card carrying member of the I hate Carlos club.

quote:
Since you seem to have such a problem with pretty much every aspect of this board

Nope just the same group that isn't even a majority and at least half the time I get into it its when I am defending Arroyo supporters or someone whose getting cursed out and of course when I have to request that you follow the Forum terms of service.

It's interesting, in the time you have been on this board, I honestly can't think of a time where a thread you have been involved in hasn't had some type of confrontation in it. You pass it off as though it's everyone else's problem, but ask yourself why is it that trouble seems to follow you on this board? Think about that the next time you start an arguement with someone and then come crying to me about how some bad man called you names.

You call it offering your opinion, well your opinion in this case is telling me how I should and should not moderate. The next time you want to armchair moderate this board, take it up with me in a PM rather than putting it out there on the public board.

quote:
Originally posted by the Judge:

QUOTE]

I'm saying that there's a group of Arroyo fans out there that want to play the race card for why Carlos isn't playing. Yes, players like JJ have a follwing to, but those fans don't take it to a nasty and baseless level.

Well, since we agree that it is a "group of fans", may I please ask that you refer to them as a specific group and not the Arroyo fans? Fair enough? Then I'll just drop it.

Exactly! Not every person that posts about Carlos is thinking you are a racist if you don't grab pom-pom's and cheer for him.

If someone post's their opinion about his performance or how he relates to the topic, take the time to read what they are saying before writing them off as just another fanatic.