Sign in to follow this  
PrOdigy ReBoRn

With Cook Down, Whos Gonna Step Up?

With Brian Cook out to a fractured finger one can only presume that we will choose a "select" member of the team to arise to the occasion....so who will it be? Will it be Pat Garrity, James Augustine, the feel good story of Marcin Gortat, or the bench player who becomes starter of JJ Redick?

Well my prediction is that since JJ is the first out of the select few to gain playing time when available....I Choose You JJ! (for any oldies or super youngies that is in fact a reference to pokemon) I think that during the playoffs against the sixers svg shall move down hedo turkoglu to pf, bogans to sf, and reddick at shooting guard. Within this span of 5 games (thats my prediction) JJ shall average about 9 pts per game, 2 rbs, 2 assists, and shall average about 13 minutes a game...... I know its most likely a dream....but HEY NO MATTER WHAT GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!

With Brian Cook out to a fractured finger one can only presume that we will choose a "select" member of the team to arise to the occasion....so who will it be? Will it be Pat Garrity, James Augustine, the feel good story of Marcin Gortat, or the bench player who becomes starter of JJ Redick?

Well my prediction is that since JJ is the first out of the select few to gain playing time when available....I Choose You JJ! (for any oldies or super youngies that is in fact a reference to pokemon) I think that during the playoffs against the sixers svg shall move down hedo turkoglu to pf, bogans to sf, and reddick at shooting guard. Within this span of 5 games (thats my prediction) JJ shall average about 9 pts per game, 2 rbs, 2 assists, and shall average about 13 minutes a game...... I know its most likely a dream....but HEY NO MATTER WHAT GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!

JJ isnt going to play. Its Brian Cook who got hurt not Kieth Bogans, so why would JJ need to play? As far as who needs to step up, I would have to say Dwight Howard needs to have the best games of his career in these playoofs and take it to the next level and I dont mean his statistics, I mean he has become a BEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSST!!!! YAAAA HEEEAAARD

I love Redick as much as the next disillusioned Redick fan, but he sure as H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks shouldn't be a starter... let alone get ANY playing time in the playoffs... unless of course he gets an extended burn for the rest of the season and proves something... which I doubt.

I think we should play JJ at some PF. Maybe he has some hidden talent that we don't know about. You guys don't know: he might rip down 20 boards and blast PFs out of his way...

LOL 30 assists...

You know, why not give Augie some PT? I think he's played better early in the season than Garrity OR Cook, for that matter.

SVG shouldn't punish Augie for not being able to hit freggin' 3 pointers, he does what big men ARE SUPPOSED TO DO. Not to mention he hits a 14-18 foot baseline jumpshot which can still stretch the opposing defense.

Not to mention the fact that he can *gasp* rebound and probably stay out of foul trouble for longer stretches than Cook too.

What did Brian Cook ever do to warrant the thought that someone has to 'step up' to replace him?

Step up?

quote:
Originally posted by nbr34205:

What did Brian Cook ever do to warrant the thought that someone has to 'step up' to replace him?

Step up?

Exactly. I was waiting for someone to say it as I was reading post after post.

lol sorry guys i didnt mean to make it seem like i was starting jj, or take out rashard lewis....

what i ment to say is when rashard comes out of the game (when cook comes in to sub, we just move everyone down and slide in jj at sg

Bogans is in their because it is at about this time he subs in for mo, and turk stays in because well, he stays in.

Sorry guys im not completely retarted! As for the reasoning on how players will step up since cook is gone (the question referring to what has cook done) Well cook has brought a newfound sense of defense to the powerforward position while being that deep three threat (granted his defense isnt good but average....which is better than pats.....but only because of his knee braces)