Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Will Magic use J.J. to move up in Draft? (Schmitz blog)

quote:

J.J. Redick is an asset, although not an active one on display.

But he has enough of an upside that other lower-placed lottery teams in the NBA draft in June might pause if they knew Redick was available.

Oh, and a highly frustrated J.J wants to be made available by the Magic --- that is well-documented.

If they don't see him being a part of their future --- and we have two seasons' worth of evidence to support the point --- could the Magic parlay J.J. into a lottery pick? The Magic said they were not dealing Redick after he requested a trade early in the season, but things change. They could also swing a deal this summer with another club independent of the draft, although no one apparently made an offer for Redick --- or one to their liking --- before this year's trade deadline. Then again, maybe we overstate Redick's worth, considering he hasn't been able to establish a foothold in the NBA, playing mop-up minutes. Still, J.J. is more of a proven player than any team with a lower lottery selection could pick up on draft day.

Anybody agree with Schmitz that Redick is more of a proven player than any team with a late lottery selection could pick up?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2008/03/will-magic-use.html

To respond to the article, and not turn this into another "JJ Thread", I think we should move him come the draft pending we resign Evans and pick up a SG via the MLE. If he can net us a higher draft pick to get a solid PF who is ready to contribute, then I am all for it.

i think if we are confident at either resigning mo "or" signing another Sg for the mle then we need to move redick. it would be nice to trade our pick and redick for a late lotto and a 2nd rounder(since ours is going to miami)

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Anybody agree with Schmitz that Redick is more of a proven player than any team with a late lottery selection could pick up?

Yes, but I'm not sure it's a positive.

Regardless, I can't help but wonder if the Bobcats would want to bring JJ in, seeing they should have a huge fan base already waiting for him.

Currently, they sit in the #8 slot, ignoring lottery impact.

Sure, I'd do it.

Maybe we can find another PF from Spain at that draft position. What could be better than that?

Dam,n, he must be reading these boards. I and others have been saying that if we could move up to the top 10 or get a good second round pick for Redick, wed be crazy not to do it.

Works for me

quote:
Originally posted by magicdepth:

We trade JJ for Tyler Hansbourgh's Pick.....

Dwight MVP 2009

Tyler ROY 2009

I dont believe its a given that hes coming out this year. Ive heard and read that he might return for his senior season. I like him though and would love to see him on this team

Redick will not contribute on this team. We need ot move him before he becomes further disinterested in playing for the Magic.

He currently still has some value based on his college credentials. If we can parlay that into a higher draft position to select one of the many PF's, then great. If not, at least deal JJ for a second round pick or.

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

Dam,n, he must be reading these boards. I and others have been saying that if we could move up to the top 10 or get a good second round pick for Redick, wed be crazy not to do it.

Works for me

Isn't this the third recent Schmitz blog that has mimicked what we've been discussing on the boards?

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

Works for me

Isn't this the third recent Schmitz blog that has mimicked what we've been discussing on the boards?

Hehe. Its good as a so called respected journalist to have great inside sources LOL

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Resign Mo Evans

Sign Maggette or "other" SG for MLE

Draft legit PF in 1st round.

Trade JJ for 2nd round pick

Draft Derick Low from Washington State to be our 3rd PG/Prospect

All very nice scenerios. Man, Jareth for GM!!!!