Sign in to follow this  
Marc Acres 3:16

The Pat Garrity Appreciation Thread

This one may be short lived and we may not get a chance to show some love for the guy again this season but I think he deserves it.

He's been here since we stunk, got a little better, then stunk again, and now we are playing well again.

He gives every bit of effort he can when he's on the floor, and never says a word when he's not playing other than to cheer on his teammates. He's undersized for a PF but he gets in there and fights for boards as hard as he can.

Pat, were it not for the fact that I am currently at work, I would raise a pint of beer in you honor right now, I only hope the ones I had last night will do instead. I invite all of you to do the same (express your appreciation for Pat that is, not to drink at work).

This one may be short lived and we may not get a chance to show some love for the guy again this season but I think he deserves it.

He's been here since we stunk, got a little better, then stunk again, and now we are playing well again.

He gives every bit of effort he can when he's on the floor, and never says a word when he's not playing other than to cheer on his teammates. He's undersized for a PF but he gets in there and fights for boards as hard as he can.

Pat, were it not for the fact that I am currently at work, I would raise a pint of beer in you honor right now, I only hope the ones I had last night will do instead. I invite all of you to do the same (express your appreciation for Pat that is, not to drink at work).

Marc...you beat me to it! I was just going to post a thread titled: "Bring Back Pat"

I hope we consider bringing him back after all he's done for the organization as a veteran with the League Minimum.

He ALWAYS hussles, plays with HEART - which at times other Magic players seem to forget to bring to the court, and is always READY to play when he's called up.

I'm also proud of the fact that he goes in there and bangs with the big guys, even if they're stronger or faster than he is. He sure bothers them with his tenacity always moving around looking to put his body on you when looking for a board or trying to box-out.

Cheers to you buddy! I'm glad that we can count on a good 3 point shot from about 3/4 of our roster if one is ever needed in the game. How many teams have 8 decent to strong outside shooters in the league? Not many I assume!

Keep it up Pat, you're truly a great face for the organization just like Bo.

Much Love!

Watching Pat last night reminded me of all the little hustle plays that he makes that guys like Cook just don't make.

Whether it's a hustle issue, a veteran issue, a basketball IQ issue, whatever, I don't know.

By the way, that's intended as a thumbs up for Pat, not a thumbs down on Cook. I've seen Cook do so good hustling recently too, but Garrity's just seems to be smarter hustling.

Reggie Theus was always fun to watch when he played defense because he put all kinds of effort into it. Unfortunately, there was no rhyme-or-reason to his running around, so he still was a poor defender, but it wasn't for lack of effort.

But I do know that last night Garrity played against a team whose front line is bad enough that even he could make an impact.

Kudos to him for being ready, and doing what he is asked to do (and beyond) when called upon.

I seriously doubt that Stan had any intention of playing him virtually the entire 2nd quarter, but he played in such a way that Stan could not justify taking him off the court.

The fact that he brought in Garrity again late in the 4th instead of Cook may have been a message.

And the Cavs can go nowhere with that front line of theirs. It's pitiful. Ben Wallace makes Shaq look like a spring chicken.

Big Ben is done being an impact player, but hat's off to him for a great career, and the memory of a great year when he was an integral part of the heart-and-hustle team that should have a special place in the heart of every Magic fan.

You guys are joking...right. Pay me 5 million bucks per year for doing nothing and Ill give go in and bang with bill laimbeer in his prime. Ill clean the toilets after shaq has a sour stomach at burrito brothers buffet. What do you need..Ill do it. The guy is a stiff! One quarter does not a year make.

I agree Charisma. I've stated this before, and this is no way to to put down Cook, but he just looks "funny" while on the floor. It's really hard to describe, but his body movement makes me think he is timid to get his hands dirty. The way his body moves is sorta like that kid who can't seem to sit still in one spot.

Cook does some good things on the court (the guy could hit some 3s when he is hot), but Garrity just seems to have a higher basketball IQ then him. He knows where to be at the right times, and not trail off or lose sight of what he needs to be doing.

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

You guys are joking...right. Pay me 5 million bucks per year for doing nothing and Ill give go in and bang with bill laimbeer in his prime. Ill clean the toilets after shaq has a sour stomach at burrito brothers buffet. What do you need..Ill do it. The guy is a stiff! One quarter does not a year make.

Funny... I was actually thinking the same thing. Well except the toilet cleaning part, but for 5 mill I think that can be arranged as well.

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

The fact of the matter is, is that the guy got his number called and gave us positive minutes. This is why he is a true professional, and in turn, deserves some appreciation.

did you watch him last night? he looked invigorated! there was one play him and maurice swapped coverage on lebron and whoever garrity was covering. lebron attempted to take PG!! into the lane, and garrity was like "nope, this is my lane BI$#$, not going to happen!!" and the play ended in lebron passing it off because he didn't want to get schooled by good ol' PG.