Sign in to follow this  
SmackDaddy

2008 Draft deep at PF:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

I thought it was based on regular season record regardless of the playoffs for non-lottery teams?

My apologies, you were 100% correct!

Ok good..we actually may of cost ourselves a draft position or two with those last couple of wins, but I think they were good wins for team chemistry and momentum heading for the playoffs, so it's all good.

All those teams in the west winning 50+ games has really helped us out with this draft position... usually a 52 win team would have to draft between 24-26 in a normal year.

I think with a draft as deep as this one we should be able to get someone that can produce with a #22 pick.

Preferably a big man, Otis!!

Tyler Hansbrough- Sources close to the situation tell us that Hansbrough will likely enter his name in the draft without an agent and try to help his stock with a strong showing at the Orlando pre-draft camp. He

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Tyler Hansbrough- Sources close to the situation tell us that Hansbrough will likely enter his name in the draft without an agent and try to help his stock with a strong showing at the Orlando pre-draft camp. He

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

I think it'd be worthy of jumping in the chat room on draft night and celebrating if we got Hansbrough, or someone close to that like Dorsey.

Much like we did when we got Rashard.

And when the whole William D blessing happened.

ahh, the good ol' days.

quote:

quote:

Sorry Hansbrough lovers...

quote:
Tar Heels forward Tyler Hansbrough, the National Player of the Year, will return for his senior season, the school announced Friday.

While Hansbrough will remain in school, sophomores Ty Lawson and Wayne Ellington are declaring for the draft, but will not hire agents, according to a Yahoo.com report

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/52163/200804...gton_to_enter_draft/

Saw that yesterday. Disappointing that there will be one less PF in the draft this year. It automatically raises the stock of all other projected first round PF's.

I agree that we should draft a PF in the first round, but i strongly suggest that we trade for a second round pick to draft a Slovenian point guard named Goran Dragic. He could be a wonderful complement to Jameer Nelson, somewhat like wat Toronto has. He is a 6'4" point guard whos biggest weakness is overpassing. I think he is worth taking a chance on.