God Hates Otis Smith

how long are you willing to put up with being bad?

40 members have voted

1. 1. how many years will you give this regime?

• 1 more year
    • 2 more years
    • 3 more years
    • other

the question is self explanatory, how long are you willing to "rebuild" before you start getting upset with how the team is managed? how much improvement do you want to see from this season, to the next? when do you *expect* to be a playoff team? Hennigan seems to have much approval amongst the base, but how long does that last if we lose 60 games again?

I voted 2 more years. Meaning that I'd be ok being a top 5 pick the next two years(after this). After that I'd expect to have enough talent to start pushing towards the playoffs.

Maybe it will only take 1 since we already have some decent young talent more but I'd be willing to wait 2 if it meant we could get 3 great players the way OKC did.

after 2014 draft, we should have the talent because of the young players we already have now and from this years draft. We will need one year to jelly. so I said 2 years.

we have 2 first round picks next year.

It would be great if we lost 60 games again. After that, we should start to see improvement. I'm fine "unintentionally" tanking for two, maybe three years depending on what happens with the lottery and draft. After that, you have to take into account player development, free agent signings etc.

I don't have a time frame in mind. So long as we can see progress and a game plan, I'm perfectly content.

If all goes well then I think we'll have two more losing seasons. Next season I see us finishing with a similar record, and if that lands us a top two pick that would allow us to draft one of the top guys next year. The following season I think we'll be around the 30 win or so mark. And that would give us another lottery pick in 2015, and with the cap space we'll have we can pursue a star player, and if our existing talent take strides forwards we could be ready at that point to have a .500 season.

So I voted two more losing seasons, and then I think we'll be around the .500, and then push on. Obviously this hinges on everyone developing, Henny drafting well and using FA effectively, and good coaching.

As long as we don't do anything crazy in the free agency, I'm also jumping on the 2-3 year train.

Simply judging by our payroll, or the contracts of Vooch, Harris, Harkless, and maybe even Nicholson, our run should come somewhere between 15/16 and 16/17. Of course I am assuming that both of our draft picks pan out, with at least one becoming a star player (obviously more likely in the next draft). Anything earlier is unlikely and anything later would be a disappointment, as I've already become attached to the present core of young-lings.

My support for magement will wear thin after 2 more years of being bad. I do not see that happening though as I see this team approaching or getting 30 wins this year and in the playoff the next.

Question though, has bad been defined in this thread? Are we talking Bobcat or Wiz bad or 76er/ Raptor bad? My version of bad is outside say the top 10 in the East, which after next year I just do not see that happening.

I'm good with us being awful next year, and then passable the year after that (but definitely missing the playoffs). I'd want to be a strong, consistent playoff contender 4+ years from now.