Sign in to follow this  
FRED

How Would You Feel?

Hey guys!

There's been talk of this supposed push for a new arena in the last year or so. I'm not really sure if that's going to happen given our current situation, but what if management made a valiant effort into achieving such efforts obtaining the aforementioned arena as a result of its wishes...

and in the process deciding that since there is a new arena, there should be a new identity to the team as well.

How would you feel if they decided to change the name of the team?

No longer would it be known as the Orlando Magic but rather a different name to give a new start, a rennaissance of sorts to a franchise that has seemingly reached lower over the years with expectations of once again capturing the glorious winning days of the past.

Would it be absurd to think of such a move or has the "Magic" washed out of this special team and no longer should it be called as such for running into a dry spell throughout the previous years?

I for one think the Magic name should remain intact, regardless of where the team is playing. I just couldn't see this Orlando team being called something else that doesn't allure to how magical (no pun intended) the city really is!

What are your thoughts? And if you think the team were to ever change its name, what would your suggestion be...and please, let's try to keep this thread with an open mind...no bashing here please, just serious options for a possible name change.

Much Love

Hey guys!

There's been talk of this supposed push for a new arena in the last year or so. I'm not really sure if that's going to happen given our current situation, but what if management made a valiant effort into achieving such efforts obtaining the aforementioned arena as a result of its wishes...

and in the process deciding that since there is a new arena, there should be a new identity to the team as well.

How would you feel if they decided to change the name of the team?

No longer would it be known as the Orlando Magic but rather a different name to give a new start, a rennaissance of sorts to a franchise that has seemingly reached lower over the years with expectations of once again capturing the glorious winning days of the past.

Would it be absurd to think of such a move or has the "Magic" washed out of this special team and no longer should it be called as such for running into a dry spell throughout the previous years?

I for one think the Magic name should remain intact, regardless of where the team is playing. I just couldn't see this Orlando team being called something else that doesn't allure to how magical (no pun intended) the city really is!

What are your thoughts? And if you think the team were to ever change its name, what would your suggestion be...and please, let's try to keep this thread with an open mind...no bashing here please, just serious options for a possible name change.

Much Love

No thanks, I don't care to buy all new team apparel.

Teams only change their names for two reasons.

1) They move to a new city and the old name is no longer a good fit.

2) The old name has become politically incorrect (i.e. Bullets).

No owner in their right mind would want to re-establish their worldwide brand identity. Brand identity has huge affect on a teams market value.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

No thanks, I don't care to buy all new team apparel.

Teams only change their names for two reasons.

1) They move to a new city and the old name is no longer a good fit.

2) The old name has become politically incorrect (i.e. Bullets).

No owner in their right mind would want to re-establish their worldwide brand identity. Brand identity has huge affect on a teams market value.

I feel the same way! Totally agree!

I couldn't imagine rooting for them by any other name than the Magic. Besides all the good nicknames are already taken. Although I think the Swamp Dragons is still available. LOL

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

I couldn't imagine rooting for them by any other name than the Magic. Besides all the good nicknames are already taken. Although I think the Swamp Dragons is still available. LOL

if its name is anything related to swamps or gators, i'll stop watching them....

I have A couple of names:

-The Orlando Ruffians

-The Orlando Rebels

-The Orlando H2O

-The Orlando Fusion

-The Orlando Voids

-The Orlando Poseidons

-The Orlando Jack Daniel 999

-The Orlando Ball Junkies

-The Orlando Magic

-The Orlando Prisms

-The Orlando Wankstas'

-The Orlando Halos

-The Orlando Protege

-The Orlando Swanee's

-The Orlando Mexicans

-The Orlando Rumba

-The Orlando IPODS

-The Orlando Gashers

-The Orlando Cartman's

-The Orlando Motherboards

-The Orlando Pentiums 4s (Intel Inside, Idiot Outside)

-The Orlando Pulsars

-The Orlando Lemurs

-The Orlando Tazmanians

-The Orlando DOAB(DUNK ON A B*T*H)

-The Orlando Plague

-The Orlando Commadors

-The Orlando Saints

-The Orlando Windemere's

-The Orlando Blooms

-The Orlando Picachu's

-The Orlando Busch's

-The Orlando Grim's

-The Orlando Magicians

-The Orlando Prodigy

-The Orlando Warlocks

-The Orlando Maestro's

-The Orlando Ace's

-The Orlando Spades

-The Orlando 300's

-The Orlando Spartans

-The Orlando Hershey's

-The Orlando 920218

-The Orlando 789(seven ate nine)

-The Orlando Taskbars

-The Orlando Lynx's

or

-The Orlando Magic

These were some promising names but I'll stick with this "Magic" name.

Having a different name would give a different feel to the rosters sense of who they are. The more complex and wonderful the further the team avenges the name with talent.