Sign in to follow this  
taz

Redick and other Magic Franchise Issues

There is absolutely no reason anyone could give that provides evidence for Redick's rediculous treatment by the Magic this season. Brian Hill, as a coach, has completely no integrity in the matter of making the right decisions for playing time and playing roster for that matter (not to mention in-game decisions). He is an extremely bad coach because of the fact that he has one of the greatest college basketball players of all time and has not given him the chance that he deserves more than anyone on that team. What does he have to do to prove it? Improve defense, check, hit shots, check, work harder than anyone in practice, check, keep his so well-deserved frustration inside and have a positive attitude while being screwed worse than I could imagine? What else can critics come up with? Unlike his teammates, like Jameer Nelson, who wants to "GET MINE!" he has displayed such poise in the face of a disaster that I know he knows inside is not fair but still continues to fight his way through. It is an enormous injustice to watch the him sit while walking turnovers and a completely ignorant coaching staff look on...what is going through their minds? Lets see...Jameer Nelson- "my teammates suck" Hedo- "Have I ever worked hard?" Coach Hill "Hopefully no one finds out that I love UNC and am getting paid for this" Arroyo- "One assist for 10 turnovers isn't THAT bad, is it?" I feel like I have to explain why Redick should be getting 48 minutes a night but I think its obvious. He is made for the NBA anyway. No one can stop him, especially when there is no defense. For sure he would be scoring in the 30's at least each night if a decent coach realized that he should get the ball. And in order to do that he needs to play. In order to do that he needs to be on the active roster all year. Its crazy. There is absolutely no reason that I would have thought I would have to post this but the magic franchise is a mess. One of the most annoying things in life is authority who have no clue like BHill.

There is absolutely no reason anyone could give that provides evidence for Redick's rediculous treatment by the Magic this season. Brian Hill, as a coach, has completely no integrity in the matter of making the right decisions for playing time and playing roster for that matter (not to mention in-game decisions). He is an extremely bad coach because of the fact that he has one of the greatest college basketball players of all time and has not given him the chance that he deserves more than anyone on that team. What does he have to do to prove it? Improve defense, check, hit shots, check, work harder than anyone in practice, check, keep his so well-deserved frustration inside and have a positive attitude while being screwed worse than I could imagine? What else can critics come up with? Unlike his teammates, like Jameer Nelson, who wants to "GET MINE!" he has displayed such poise in the face of a disaster that I know he knows inside is not fair but still continues to fight his way through. It is an enormous injustice to watch the him sit while walking turnovers and a completely ignorant coaching staff look on...what is going through their minds? Lets see...Jameer Nelson- "my teammates suck" Hedo- "Have I ever worked hard?" Coach Hill "Hopefully no one finds out that I love UNC and am getting paid for this" Arroyo- "One assist for 10 turnovers isn't THAT bad, is it?" I feel like I have to explain why Redick should be getting 48 minutes a night but I think its obvious. He is made for the NBA anyway. No one can stop him, especially when there is no defense. For sure he would be scoring in the 30's at least each night if a decent coach realized that he should get the ball. And in order to do that he needs to play. In order to do that he needs to be on the active roster all year. Its crazy. There is absolutely no reason that I would have thought I would have to post this but the magic franchise is a mess. One of the most annoying things in life is authority who have no clue like BHill.

all true. hill will not be at the helm though, next year, so that's dealt with. he will be replaced. redick is coming along, and will continue to. he will see increasing playing time. hill's replacement will be more structured and disciplined, and so guys like jameer will have to necessarily adjust their games completely or be relegated to the bench or the trading block. actually, i think jameer will be gone. it's a feeling. there are too many good assist people here to have one or two guys be out of synch with what has to happen offensively to succeed. and jameer could bring us quality front line help. but the magic are low on assists. that's a line item that has to be addressed. jameer's game is isolation. sayonara. but the underachievement is a coaching thing -- we shouldn't blame jameer, as he isn't being held accountable to a philosophy/style of play which yields unselfishness and therefore success. getting disciplined, aggressive, CONSISTENT TEAM PLAY out of today's NBA players is no mean feat - and very few coaches can accomplish it. brian hill isn't one of them, sadly. he's a good man, and hopefully there's another position for him in the magic organization. the 07/08 magic will have a very different look, mark my words.

quote:
Originally posted by dafndakta:

all true. hill will not be at the helm though, next year, so that's dealt with. he will be replaced. redick is coming along, and will continue to. he will see increasing playing time. hill's replacement will be more structured and disciplined, and so guys like jameer will have to necessarily adjust their games completely or be relegated to the bench or the trading block. actually, i think jameer will be gone. it's a feeling. there are too many good assist people here to have one or two guys be out of synch with what has to happen offensively to succeed. and jameer could bring us quality front line help. but the magic are low on assists. that's a line item that has to be addressed. jameer's game is isolation. sayonara. but the underachievement is a coaching thing -- we shouldn't blame jameer, as he isn't being held accountable to a philosophy/style of play which yields unselfishness and therefore success. getting disciplined, aggressive, CONSISTENT TEAM PLAY out of today's NBA players is no mean feat - and very few coaches can accomplish it. brian hill isn't one of them, sadly. he's a good man, and hopefully there's another position for him in the magic organization. the 07/08 magic will have a very different look, mark my words.

Not to be a wet blanket, and I really do like your line of thought, but how do you speak of these things, such as "the coach not being here next year, along with Jameer, with such certanity?????????????? I like it, but I prefer the truth, what are your statements based on???

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:
Originally posted by dafndakta:

Not to be a wet blanket, and I really do like your line of thought, but how do you speak of these things, such as "the coach not being here next year, along with Jameer, with such certanity?????????????? I like it, but I prefer the truth, what are your statements based on???

I agree dafndakta, please elaborate :-) We're all a family here and have no secrets.

ALL I CAN TELL YOU IS THE FRONT OFFICE IS KEENLY AWARE OF EVERY SINGLE SHORTCOMING - THE MAGIC HAVE A FIRST RATE FRONT OFFICE....BUT IT WOULD BE MORE (much more) DISRUPTIVE TO MAKE (any sort of!!) CHANGES RIGHT NOW - COMPLETELY A BAD IDEA. AS DIFFICULT AS THINGS ARE, AND THINGS ARE NOT GOING WELL. THE TEAM IS VERY UNDERACHIEVING AT THE MOMENT. I DID NOT SAY JAMEER WOULD BE GONE - I SAID IT IS MY FEELING HE WILL BE. IF HE STAYS, HE WILL BE A DIFFERENT JAMEER NEXT YEAR, BUT THAT IS NOT A LIKLIHOOD. THE LIKLIHOOD IS A TRADE. I LIKE JAMEER, BUT HE NEEDS SERIOUS WORK AS A POINT GUARD. HE'S THE DIAMETRIC OPPOSITE OF A NASH, IF THAT DRIVES MY POINT HOME. AND I DON'T MEAN HE'S "NOT AS GOOD" (duh), I MEAN *NASH CREATES* -- THAT IS THE ISSUE. WE **DESPERATELY** NEED A GOOD CREATOR AT THE POINT. SOMEONE WHO COLLAPSES DEFENSES LIKE A NASH - LIKE A TERRY, OR A KIDD. WE DO *NOT* NEED A SCORER AT THE POINT (necessarily), AND WE *DEFINITELY* DO NOT NEED ISOLATION THERE, NOR QUICK JUMPERS FROM THE COUNTY LINE....I DO NOT MEAN TO BE NEGATIVE -- IF DWIGHT AVERAGED JUST THREE MORE BASKETS (less than 1 more per quarter) AND 15% BETTER FROM THE LINE, THE MAGIC ARE ABOVE .500 AND CHASING THE SIX SEED HARD. IT CAN ONLY GET BETTER FOLKS.

I am not here to support coach Hill, his slow offense is badly hurting our team, but I don't mind the fact Reddick hasn't played much. As long as his playing time starts increasing now. The biggest issue I had before the draft was that Reddick played well at Duke for about the first twenty games then burned out. He didn't choke (For the Reddick lovers I am not saying that) but even the college announcers noticed he had trouble playing hard more than twenty games. This coupled with the fact he missed summer leagues and training camp are reasons I can forgive his lack of playing time. As for now on, Redick has shown value and as we race towards the playoffs I hope we use him wisely and he becomes a major contributor.

Yeah, he had a terrible ACC tournament...He killed Boston College for the championship. Check your stats ace. His NCAA tournament record (the last 3 games) sucked tho'.

It's so freakin hard to read these one paragraph or all caps posts...

I'm sick of watching B. Hill mismanage this team!!!

Napoleon finally inserts Darko in the starting lineup and gives Redick a spot in the rotation. Both support the moves with their play and yet both are once again MIA.

Hill has essentially gone back to what was failing. Yet, he remains surprised that we are still struggling???

B. Hill lacks the courage of his convictions and as a result we see him grab bagging for the right mix of players every single night 70 games into the season. This is inexcusable.

This also contradicts everything we hear from Otis when he was down playing the possibility of missing the playoffs because we are building for the future ect...

I think what bothers me the most is that it seems like at first scent that JJ is having an off game, he gets yanked and sits out the rest of the game. That only happens with certain players. The rest get to be god-awful with little to no change in their playing time. If I had any faith in Coach Hill, it wouldn't bother me so much, but I don't. I don't want to see what happened to Travis Diener happen to JJ. It already makes me sick enough seeing Travis in a suit every game. What a waste of talent.