Sign in to follow this  
bhnole

We need a go to guy! (Schmidtz Blog)

quote:
Coach Needs To Go To Another Go-To Guy

Posted on Apr 2, 2007 12:03:09 PM

It was as predictable as a sunset, a Britney Spears relapse or a Pete Rose wager.

Everybody at Amway Arena on Sunday, especially the Minnesota T-Wolves, knew the Magic were going to Magic point guard Jameer Nelson, twice at the end of regulation and once in OT.

Coach Brian Hill needs to find another go-to. He should have gotten the ball to Grant Hill in 0T.

Nelson has had his moments this season with big shots, but he isn't Paul Pierce or Kevin Garnett or Dwyane Wade.

Either is G-Hill anymore, but at least it's a different option.

And a taller one.

While I agree Grant Hill is a better option than Jameer, Grant made a couple big shots to build the six point lead. Grant is just not the player he used to be and unable to be the guy we need to be a great team. The problem is we have a bunch of guys who would be second or third options elsewhere, but no one to be THE GUY.

This has to be our number one priority this off season, even if it means losing Darko. Without a top notch go to guy we will never be more than 1st round fodder.

Vince, Billups or Lewis are the only FA's who can fully fill this role. We need one of them.

quote:

It was as predictable as a sunset, a Britney Spears relapse or a Pete Rose wager.

Everybody at Amway Arena on Sunday, especially the Minnesota T-Wolves, knew the Magic were going to Magic point guard Jameer Nelson, twice at the end of regulation and once in OT.

Coach Brian Hill needs to find another go-to. He should have gotten the ball to Grant Hill in 0T.

Nelson has had his moments this season with big shots, but he isn't Paul Pierce or Kevin Garnett or Dwyane Wade.

And a taller one.

While I agree Grant Hill is a better option than Jameer, Grant made a couple big shots to build the six point lead. Grant is just not the player he used to be and unable to be the guy we need to be a great team. The problem is we have a bunch of guys who would be second or third options elsewhere, but no one to be THE GUY.

This has to be our number one priority this off season, even if it means losing Darko. Without a top notch go to guy we will never be more than 1st round fodder.

Vince, Billups or Lewis are the only FA's who can fully fill this role. We need one of them.

The thing is we lose Darko not only are we stuck with Batttie starting but possibly Pat or Bo backing his dumb *** up.

And I dont know about you but I am tired of watching Battie constantly get beat by the opposing teams best big man, because we all know that Dwight will never guard him as long as he who should not be named is coach.

We need to somehow make Darko take a paycut and get a good wing man, hopefully Vince accepts his destiny and comes here or next year will much the same as this year because it doesnt seem Otis is ready to give up on Brian.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:

And a taller one.

I would thorugh Gerald Wallace in there for good measure

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:

And a taller one.

I would thorugh Gerald Wallace in there for good measure

Wallace would be great, because we could afford him AND Darko.

The first game that I have missed this entire year and it appears I didn't miss a thing. I could pull up the recorded games I have on TIVO and watch the exac same thing.

Jameer shoots 30% from the field.

Grant plays too many minutes.

Hedo shoots 25% from the field.

Battie is ineffective.

Dwight turns the ball over too many times.

Our bench outplays our starters.

It's like waching re-runs.

Nothing changes. Nothing improves.

We need a scorer that can demand the ball and deliver.

quote:
It was as predictable as a sunset, a Britney Spears relapse or a Pete Rose wager

LOL, that's a pretty classic line from Schmitz.

You are right Smack, nothing has changed all season. We still lead the league in turnovers and are at the bottom of the league in assists. Darko almost had a double double at the half and even that isn't good enough for him to start the second half. The Magic have to be the only team in the league that has a better second unit than its starting lineup. I already posted this in another thread but for the love of God, Why in the hell does Napoleon put Jameer into the game with 40 seconds left!?! That has to be the worst substitution he's made all season.

Yup. No changes all season long.

No accountability.

No one listens to me .... been saying this all season long.

Now -- it's too late. Season has been a disaster.

I was going to buy season tix next year. Not anymore I'm not. Not with a ****ing stupid coach who refuses to make a change.

We still have the same freaking starters, for goodness sake!!!!???? This lineup is disastrous!

i wish you guys would get off this vince thing. we dont need another no defense ball hog who scores and we lose. we need a coach who can demand better control and smarter play. nelson does what ever he wants as well carlos. no one wants to pass to jj and yet he moves the ball better than anyone else. the coach must demand better and smarter play from that position. i truly believe they , the pgs, dont want to give jj a chance why?????jacklj

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
It was as predictable as a sunset, a Britney Spears relapse or a Pete Rose wager

LOL, that's a pretty classic line from Schmitz.

You are right Smack, nothing has changed all season. We still lead the league in turnovers and are at the bottom of the league in assists. Darko almost had a double double at the half and even that isn't good enough for him to start the second half. The Magic have to be the only team in the league that has a better second unit than its starting lineup. I already posted this in another thread but for the love of God, Why in the hell does Napoleon put Jameer into the game with 40 seconds left!?! That has to be the worst substitution he's made all season.

And when you get an answer on the Jameer question, PLEASE let me know, so that I can contact Rippley's beleive it or not!! Someone has figured out the mystery that is BHill!!!!