Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Denton "tells it like it is" in Magic's latest debacle! (blog)

quote:
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:43 pm Post subject: MAGIC GAG ANOTHER ONE AWAY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just when you thought it was safe to declare the Orlando Magic a playoff-worthy team they go out and deliver yet another stink bomb Sunday that leaves you scratching your head.

They blow a six-point lead in the final 90 seconds of regulation. They give up a wide-open, game-winning 3-pointer to Ricky Davis. They stick the ball in Jameer Nelson

quote:
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:43 pm Post subject: MAGIC GAG ANOTHER ONE AWAY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just when you thought it was safe to declare the Orlando Magic a playoff-worthy team they go out and deliver yet another stink bomb Sunday that leaves you scratching your head.

They blow a six-point lead in the final 90 seconds of regulation. They give up a wide-open, game-winning 3-pointer to Ricky Davis. They stick the ball in Jameer Nelson

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

I agree with you junkie. This sucks.

I actually feel more fed up and dissapointed than I did in the 61 loss season........... and that is saying something!!

Interesting that he takes a blatant shot at BHill, then when he lists all the changes that need to happen during the off-season, BHill is not mentioned.

Makes me wonder where he truly stands on Brian Hill?

I am so sick of watching the same tired play that so many teams run at the end of a quarter where the PG (usually) is isolated at the top of the key and dribbles away until there are 6 seconds left, then tries to play Superman.

Geez, coaches, run your offense !!!

In the Magic's case, it's even more painful to watch because the other 4 players never move. Ever. Why? Either because the play does not call for them to, or they know that Jameer is never, ever going to pass them the ball anyway.

This is painful....

This was a very winnable game that I would have to put on the coach.

Why was Dwight still in the game with 2 fouls in the first quarter? Goukas was even baffled by this one.

Why not double Davis at the end and MAKE HIM GIVE UP THE BALL! With a three point lead and time running out, I would rather give up a lay-up than have a red hot Davis shooting to tie it.

Everyone in the building knew Jameer was going to go 1 against 5. Why not take Darko out and put another shooter in (JJ, Hedo, anyone).

Why are Battie, Hedo and Jameer still starting? Our bench has to come in and dig us out of holes every half, after our starting group falls behind. How many times does this need to happen until we make some changes?

Why are we throwing the ball into the post when Dwight is no where near the lane? He can't score from there and is more likely to turn it over if he puts it on the floor. But he can't get better post position because our spacing and ball movement is so awful right now with our starters.

If anything is to be salvaged from this season, Brian needs to be fired today. The roster needs some changes for sure, but this change needs to be made now.

The Magic need to hire John Wayne, wasn't he called the shooter

I think that the only shooters we have on the Magic are those that shoot themselves in the foot. Between Nelson and the Turk, I haven't decided which is the worst shooter on the team. Which leads to another problem, how come our point guards never have but 2 or 3 assist a game, anything above that amount is a miracle.

quote:
Originally posted by royce59:

jammer dished out 8 assists last night, and so what if he missed the clutch baskets - he is still young!!!!!!!!!!

problem is that, if he missed a few shots but we still got the win, then great SO WHAT!!!. But if he keeps missing and we keep on losing it does matter, and a lot. I don't care if he dished out 40 assists, if we lose, it counts for nothing but personal glory. So it matters and it matters a lot!!!!

Now remember when we were predicting a 45-55 win season..... I was being modest thinking 45 would be doable, some wanted the 55 mark.....Where are we now? It sure is a dissapointment.....it sucks harder than anything has sucked before.......It truly is worst than any other season.....

quote:
Everyone in the building knew Jameer was going to go 1 against 5

Exactlty why he shouldn't have been in the game. Until Jameer can understand the team first approach to basketball, he will never be a good player. If so many teams have Brian Hill's play calling figured out - then simply use Jameer as a decoy and setup JJ, Turk or Hill.

Wait, two of those guys weren't in the game and the third was inbounding the ball. Another fine example of what the .99 cent value meal will get you these days. This one is all on the ownership.

quote:
problem is that, if he missed a few shots but we still got the win, then great SO WHAT!!!. But if he keeps missing and we keep on losing it does matter, and a lot. I don't care if he dished out 40 assists, if we lose, it counts for nothing but personal glory. So it matters and it matters a lot!!!!

Now remember when we were predicting a 45-55 win season..... I was being modest thinking 45 would be doable, some wanted the 55 mark.....Where are we now? It sure is a dissapointment.....it sucks harder than anything has sucked before.......It truly is worst than any other season.....

Last night was a testimony as to why Jameer should not be our go-to guy. KG blocked that shot easily.

But in Jameer's place, guys like Kobe, LeBron choked early in their career. It will just be a matter of time.

Originally posted by royce59:

jammer dished out 8 assists last night, and so what if he missed the clutch baskets - he is still young!!!!!!!!!![/quote

Well it needed to be 9 assists because the last shot in regulation needed to go to Grant Hill. He was 10-16 in the game and was playing very well. Jameer was ice cold and I shuddered (as did alot of people Im sure) to see him come into the game because I knew he was going to dribble out the clock and take a contested jumper.

The game plan for this team at the end was terrible. There was one player on their team who was playing well and they let him get open for a 3 to make it 95-98 and then foul him on another attempt. (Although to me that call was complete bs.) Also I agree with bh why not double him at the end of overtime. If Garnett makes a 3 he makes it but he was not red-hot like Ricky Davis. Our guys fell over each other while Davis and Garnett made simple passes to each other 3 feet apart behind the 3-point line.

Our team cannot space the floor for the life of anyone. When one person has the ball everyone just kind of stands there and watches. Alot of people have asked why Dwight isn't scoring. Its because other teams have caught on and are daring the other players to beat them. Some nights they do and some nights they don't. There is absolutely no floor spacing whatsoever. It is quite frustrating to watch an NBA team struggle so mightily to get open shots. This is mostly the starters as Dooling, Ariza, and Redick seem to not have a problem with this. That is why this team is so inconsistent and loses to "bottom feeders." It pains me but they are no better until they get better coaching. They have more raw talent than alot of teams and with competent coaching they should be ten games over .500 right now.

If Brian Hill was a man he would bench Nelson and Turk and start Dooling and Ariza. Those 2 have to be 2 of the most inconsistent players in the NBA. Nelson and Turk have the talent it just seems they do not utilize it on a daily basis. Ariza has the talent and he utilizes it every single game and gives the team 110%. If this team all played like Ariza they would be up their with the Bulls and Cavs, etc.

Nelson is not that young. He played 4 years of college and this is his 3rd year in the NBA. Dwight Howard, Trevor Ariza, and Darko are young. Nelson should know how to set an offense by now and get his team in the flow of the game. Just like at Starbury, Steve-O, and the list goes on and on. It is very difficult to teach a shoot first point guard to pass. Alot have tried many have failed.

I do not know what he wants but bring back Clifford Ray to develop our big men. If not him than maybe Patrick Ewing or Matt Geiger.

My choice for coach would be Rick Adelman. He coached terrific Trailblazer teams and should have won a championship with Sacto if not for a very controversal officiated Game 6 against LA, Big Shot Rob, and Peja disappearing in Game 7. I really think this is the guy to take our team to the next level that is currently available.

Like Denton to me this season is already a failure. We are looking at the 8 seed which would mean a route by Detroit in the 1st round. If they could get to 7 they can give Cleveland a series. We shall see..........

End of rant.......