Sign in to follow this  
ibonedteribell

New PG poll, will it matter?

I don't think Brian Hill's specialty is developing point guards. But if it was, Jameer Nelson would be the one.

Very few points can enter the NBA and not go through years of growing pains and hiccups, especially with an expansion coach like Hill.

Start Carlos.... Start Dooling.... Start Travis.... lets face it people we dont have a consistent PG in either of those guys. We have seen the Dooling PG experiment go wrong, we have seen the Travis experiment go wrong, and there have been numerous of time where the Carlos experiment goes wrong, and yes even the Jameer experiment has gone wrong.

But lets face it, like it or not Nelson has brought us back from in games and won more than the guys listed.

Has Nelson had some bad games yeah, but who in the hell hasnt had some bad games for the Magic, someone tell me one guy who hasnt been a slump all season.... and I better not hear Carlos's name being thrown out there.

If anyone should be burned for last nights lost it should be Turk, even my brother who hasnt been following the Magic made the comment that Turk lost the game for the Magic. Shady defense, no ball rotation, and horrible shooting. He is the reason why Rick Davis had like 15pt's in the first half. But does anyone talk about him....no

All I heard this year was how we dont any PG's with high ast.... well atleast Jameer had 8ast where the players finish the play. There were additional 5 ast where players bricked the shot, mostly were Turk.

So no im not letting Nelson off the hook for last night, he should of played smarter. However we ahve alot of guys on our team that should of played smarter one time or another.

Last note, Turk better figure out his issues because he is next to be bench.

Turk didn't play the last 8 minutes of the 3rd quarter and any of the 4th. He definitely didn't play well but he didn't lose the game for us. There is plenty of blame to go around.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Turk didn't play the last 8 minutes of the 3rd quarter and any of the 4th. He definitely didn't play well but he didn't lose the game for us. There is plenty of blame to go around.

True, but Turk was part of a starting group that put us holes to start both halves. Without our bench bailing out the starters, we would have lost this game by double digits.

Brian Hill did the same thing with Penny Hardaway. He thrusted the lead role to someone who just is not ready for it. And the problem is he's too stubborn to realize that Jameer should not be our go to guy, not yet anyway, if ever. The ball should not be in Jameers hands in crucial situations, sure he comes through from time to time. But how many games do we have to lose just to get his occasional winning shot! We need someone who is going to take what the defense gives him in a situation like that, whether it be an open shot for himself, or the defense breaking down and opening a shot for his teammate. It seems as if Jameer has blinders on or gets tunnel vision.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

True, but Turk was part of a starting group that put us holes to start both halves. Without our bench bailing out the starters, we would have lost this game by double digits.

Oh Turk played terrible last night. I have no problem giving him his share of the blame. I don't feel its fair to give him most of the blame when he didn't play the majority of the 2nd half.

Nelson is a liability..

Nelson is a liability..

Nelson is a liability...

Why did Hill put Nelson in with 1 min and 27 secs to go? Nelson had no intention of passing the ball and when he did it was to put the player receiving the ball into a bad sitrep where he had to pass to Nelson once again.

What's disgraceful once again is last nite on the bench when the Magic were behind, there was nelson and Turkoglu laughing and not seeming to care that the Magic were attempting a comeback.

I say trade both of them and we don't have to worry about a poll.

Give Arroyo and Diener a shot coach Hill.

All your options are a little robust Ibone, start Dooling bring Arroyo as backup and make JJ bacup sg, while shanking JJ of his minutes.

And then start arroyo(wat have u guys seen from him that I havent that garners him a starting role, he is as bad a Jameer maybe worse)

U have clearly made the only two best options to have Arroyo who is out of the rotation for a reason to be getting big minutes again.

I say since it isnt up there, we start Dooling bring in Meer and Diener, split the minutes.

And no way should JJ's minutes be shafted because of our pg's inability to play there positions successfully.

Well, I heard some guys here saying that Carlos played bad when he got a lot of minutes on court so I whent to his stats and I found some stats that say otherwise, he had 6 games over 25 min./game and are as follow:

Team min. f/g f/t reb. ast. t/o pts

Por 31:31 7/10 1-1 5 7 1 15

SAS 30:00 6/9 0-0 2 7 3 12

MIL 31:14 5/7 4-4 3 7 3 14

TOR 28:16 9/17 4-4 6 2 2 22

WAS 26:57 9/13 2-3 1 4 0 23

ATL 25:19 9-9 3-4 3 3 2 22

min. fg ft reb ast/g to ppg

total: 28:51 .692 .875 3.33 5 1.8 18

As we can see from the stats above looks like Carlos has excelent numbers to make people start thinking about him as starter.

quote:
Originally posted by jonathan:

Well, I heard some guys here saying that Carlos played bad when he got a lot of minutes on court so I whent to his stats and I found some stats that say otherwise, he had 6 games over 25 min./game and are as follow:

Team min. f/g f/t reb. ast. t/o pts

Por 31:31 7/10 1-1 5 7 1 15

SAS 30:00 6/9 0-0 2 7 3 12

MIL 31:14 5/7 4-4 3 7 3 14

TOR 28:16 9/17 4-4 6 2 2 22

WAS 26:57 9/13 2-3 1 4 0 23

ATL 25:19 9-9 3-4 3 3 2 22

min. fg ft reb ast/g to ppg

total: 28:51 .692 .875 3.33 5 1.8 18

As we can see from the stats above looks like Carlos has excelent numbers to make people start thinking about him as starter.

Interesting stats on individual performance.

No, those numbers are the only games he played over 25 min a game and thats the answer for those that claim Carlos cant receive a lot of min. on court.Now you can go find a different excuse.

quote:
Originally posted by jonathan:

No, those numbers are the only games he played over 25 min a game and thats the answer for those that claim Carlos cant receive a lot of min. on court.Now you can go find a different excuse.

So in those games in which he got 25 minutes or more, those 6 games, it determines he should start?

What about when he plays 20 minutes and gets 4 pts on 2-10 shooting 2assists and 5 t/o's.

Arroyo had gotten so bad tha the was to the point where he would stop looking for his teammates on certain possesions as Meer does now to, neither of them should be starting.