quote:
Originally posted by serviviente:

1. jammer nelson

2. pat garrity

3. bo outlaw

4. brian hill and all of his staff

5. brian schmitz

6. otis smith

the rest of the players we can use as starters or role players. these people are not good for our team. the longer stay the more we will bleed. GOT TO GO!!!!

Add Arroyo, Turk and the owner to your list and I'll be in complete agreement with you. Unfortunately it's starting to look like it's time to re-build.... For the 10th time in 12 years.

If it was up to some of you, you would trade and/or get rid of the whole team.

I think some of the decisions by some of the players are questionable, but I think it might be wise to try a different coach, before unloading the talent, a coach that will use the strengths of his players, instead of forcing them to do something. Then make moves in the middle of the year.

If we can go out and guarntee ourselves of getting a proven point guard, just one that can run an offense and look to set up his players, then I would support trading nelson and turk.

My only concern about trading Nelson is we have far too often given up on players because we felt like they would never develop. The second they leave they turn into all-stars (I am sure many of the true fans on here remember we had Chauncy Billups at one point but dumped him before he could barely get his jersey on). I know we have given Jameer plenty of chances, but he is only in his third year and this is his first year as a full-time starter. I say let him play out his contract, maybe bring in more of a true point guard this summer to light a fire under his A** and see what happens.

I'm ok with getting rid of Turk purely because we already have too many people at the 2/3, and all that's going to accomplish is stunt JJ and Trevor's growth. Combine that with the fact that we're lookign at possibly signing a FA at the 2/3, and we have too many players at those positions.

With turk it depends....if we could have the Turk of late last season, or the Turk of a few games ago, the one that shoots well, but also drives into the basket, gets fouled and scores 20 pts or so we should keep him....But the problem is that Turk-o-Flu and inconsistency.

Now, if we could bring him off the bench then fine.....I think the problem is still more the coach than the players.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

With turk it depends....if we could have the Turk of late last season, or the Turk of a few games ago, the one that shoots well, but also drives into the basket, gets fouled and scores 20 pts or so we should keep him....But the problem is that Turk-o-Flu and inconsistency.

Now, if we could bring him off the bench then fine.....I think the problem is still more the coach than the players.

I agree with that to a point, but I don't think Trevor will ever start as long as both GHill and Turk are here, and if that's the case, we need to get rid of one or both of them.

Brian Hill is my first through 5 choice to go.

Then Pat and Bo.

Then get a big time scorer. Vince, Billups or Lewis, we need another go to guy down the stretch.

quote:
Originally posted by royce59:

nelson and turk do not need to be traded!!!

How about Jameer and Hedo? Cause Jameer is a cancer on this team approaching the one we had called Steve Francis and Hedo routinely shoots 25% and yet he shoots and shoots and shoots. He's like a defensive stop for the other team.