Sign in to follow this  
Magicjunky

Miami Heat

miami looked like they were down and out for a few yrs but with the shaq trade and now a potential mike miller trade they could be right back on there feet.Good job otis why to sit on your sorry *** we got expirings and this guy still wont try and make something happen.I like this team the way it is my *** otis sucks WE NEED A NEW GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

miami looked like they were down and out for a few yrs but with the shaq trade and now a potential mike miller trade they could be right back on there feet.Good job otis why to sit on your sorry *** we got expirings and this guy still wont try and make something happen.I like this team the way it is my *** otis sucks WE NEED A NEW GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Magicjunky:

I agree with you but the love fest that some members on this forum have for Otis will respond that Otis is just playing hardball and not showing his cards. The fact is our team has a bunch of 3rd tier role players on it and Otis is the one that put them on this team. If he made a trade then he must admit that he made mistakes on previous deals (Jameer, Bogans, JJ, and Evans).

Hey Otis you might like this team but I bet if Howard starts to get frustrated that you are not getting him some talent you might as well pack you bags.

If anything Otis is smart. He has made one trade this year and it was a good trade for our team.

He extended the contracts of those that deserve it:

Jameer

Dwight

Tony(maybe not so much)

He is only 2 million over the cap where you have teams all around the NBA who are 50+ million over. He is keeping JJ which is smart, because he is the future.

Otis Smith for GM of the year!

I am so tired of these type of negative threads and posts. Especially when people post them out of anger with little fact and then erase them and don't stand by them. Yes, imo, I think Otis has done a decent job as our GM. I like our record. I like our direction and future. But, yes, I believe we should try to make a logical trade before the deadline. Hopefully, something will happen. To settle you all down, I know for a FACT that Otis is trying to acquire Haslem right now. We'll see if anything happens. Right now Riley is asking for the moon.

Im with Soul on this one. I believe we have to make a move but I wont villify Otis if he doesnt. This team is moving forward and doing well and I dont see any need to keep bashing him.

What I don't get is that, this team is much much better than last year.

We all agree little changes should be made, but come on...its not like we are doing too bad...

Why is it that every trade made comes back to Otis?

Do you guys Honestly think there is a secret website where GM's post who they want to get rid of, so other GM's can see and offer?

Most of these things are not public, most of the talks are between GM's. Players sometimes do get shopped around, but sometimes some of you act like its public news and that we truly had a chance to land Shaq or Marion, or Gasol....Maybe, but the other teams got better things than we could offer...well except for Memphis(I still can't figure that one out).

In any case, remember Battie comes back next season, and we will make some moves in the off season.

THIS YEAR WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE A CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON. It was meant to be a gelling season, get the guys comfortable, see what we need and make minor adjustments...

I like what we have, and honestly I wouldn't change much.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

What I don't get is that, this team is much much better than last year.

We all agree little changes should be made, but come on...its not like we are doing too bad...

Why is it that every trade made comes back to Otis?

Do you guys Honestly think there is a secret website where GM's post who they want to get rid of, so other GM's can see and offer?

Most of these things are not public, most of the talks are between GM's. Players sometimes do get shopped around, but sometimes some of you act like its public news and that we truly had a chance to land Shaq or Marion, or Gasol....Maybe, but the other teams got better things than we could offer...well except for Memphis(I still can't figure that one out).

In any case, remember Battie comes back next season, and we will make some moves in the off season.

THIS YEAR WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE A CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON. It was meant to be a gelling season, get the guys comfortable, see what we need and make minor adjustments...

I like what we have, and honestly I wouldn't change much.

My only rebuttal to this is that, from year to year, things happen. Only a handful of teams get close to the summit, and if we truly have a chance to make some noise, im always of the opinion that you do what it takes to get there. We are one injury away from a lottery pick (howard)

While I like this team alot, and I like the job Otis and SVG have done, if we are close, we should never take for granted that it takes a lot to get there and should do what it takes to make a serious run.

What has me worried is.......is that we have a small team that doesn't play defense. How many teams like the team we have wins championships? This team is great to win 45-52 games every year but unless you are satisified with just being a playoff team, you know that we need some pieces to win a title, we have lots of expirings we could use to help this team for the long haul, I will be very disapointed if we don't make a deal.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I am so tired of these type of negative threads and posts. Especially when people post them out of anger with little fact and then erase them and don't stand by them. Yes, imo, I think Otis has done a decent job as our GM. I like our record. I like our direction and future. But, yes, I believe we should try to make a logical trade before the deadline. Hopefully, something will happen. To settle you all down, I know for a FACT that Otis is trying to acquire Haslem right now. We'll see if anything happens. Right now Riley is asking for the moon.

I too am happy with the team as it is. The only reason I see Otis not trading anyone for a power forward he's on the bench rehabbing his shoulder.

Otis may be trying to trade someone behind the scenes without anyone jumping on the trade so he simply denies the trade rumors! So everyone needs to **** about it if he's doing his job right now.

I don't see any problems and I can wait for the Magic to be a contender...just as long as we don't return to mediocrity.