Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Fans Game Thread * Magic - Lakers * Feb. 8th

I have a dang good feeling about this game. I think we're playing well right now and we'll continue with the momentum.

As some of you have said, the most important thing tonight is that we start off with some fire early in the game. We cannot get behind off the bat.

It'll be a good one, I can feel it.

Magic-107 Lakers-103

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

What do you call a tragic tranvestite then?

Ummm, why do you want to know?

It was an awful attempt at an awful joke. I have since seen the errors of my ways and slapped my self in the face nearly a dozen times.

The THings I DON"T WANT TO HAPPEN TONIGHT:

2nd chance points for Lakers

Laker comebacks

LAKER FAN TURNUP

Hedo and Rashard Struggles

The Orlando Tragic shows up in the first

Blown out in the first half and rallying in the second half

Dwight to miss freethrows

The Bench struggles

Pau Gasol gets anything he wants

Turnovers

Horrible defensive play

Keith Bogans/Maurice Evans/Brian Cook Missing threes

Bull**** REfs

A Keyon Dooling DNP CD (0-2)

Unhappy people after a possible win

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:

What do you call a tragic tranvestite then?

Ummm, why do you want to know?

It was an awful attempt at an awful joke. I have since seen the errors of my ways and slapped my self in the face nearly a dozen times.

LOL. Trust me. I understand the feeling. I'm still looking for a keyboard with a "retrieve" button on it....

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

The THings I DON"T WANT TO HAPPEN TONIGHT:

LAKER FAN TURNUP

I doubt there will be ANY laker fans at the game tonight.

I guess you don't remember the past 4 years we played the Lakers at home.

There is no keeping Laker fans out of the games at all.

baseline_blog.jpg

By Nick Adams | OrlandoMagic.com

SHOOTAROUND

The Magic and Lakers both participated in their respective shootarounds Friday morning as they prepare for their much anticipated match-up this evening.

As stated below, the Lakers come to Amway with one of the NBA's top records and have improved their team further by acquiring power forward Pau Gasol.

"I don't see very many weaknesses in this team," stated Stan Van Gundy. "They were one of the best teams before the trade and they bring in a guy like Gasol for basically nothing."

Van Gundy continued, "Pau is one of the better front line guys in the league. Not only can he score but he is a very good passer and is a great fit in Phil Jackson's triangle offense."

Dwight Howard echoed Van Gundy's views on Gasol as Howard prepares for his match-up with the Lakers' new big man.

"We need to try and keep Pau out of the paint and force him into tough shots. He is a great passer too, so we have to pressure him when he gets the basketball."

Another Magic player who will have his hands full tonight will be starting shooting guard Maurice Evans who has the daunting task of guarding Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant.

Evans, who came over in a trade from Los Angeles, knows Bryant's game rather well having guarded Bryant during the Lakers' practices, so Evans is very familiar with his game.

"I hope Kobe has one of those nights where he starts off the game passing a lot as he tries to get a feel for the game but I expect him to come out tonight aggressive."

Evans added, "I just need to try and match his intensity making it as difficult as I can for him but he is probably the best player in the game and obviously you can't take much away from him because he knows how to make adjustments."

Bryant, who injured his shooting hand three nights ago in New Jersey, has struggled with his minor injury averaging just 8.5 points on less than 24 percent shooting over the last two games.

Bryant was getting treatment on the injured right pinky finger after shootaround and is confident he will regain his form tonight.

"It is very weird because it feels like I don't even have a finger," commented Bryant. "The past couple games it has been tough but I am confident it will be better tonight when handling and shooting the ball."

Orlando hopes the hand will slow Bryant down as the Magic look to improve their Southeast Division record tonight against the "Lake Show".

PREGAME

Two of the NBA's top teams square off Friday night at Amway Arena as the Orlando Magic (32-19) set to host the Los Angeles Lakers (31-17).

Superstar Kobe Bryant (27.6 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 5.3 apg), and the revamped Lakers, visit Orlando having played two games with their newly acquired power forward, Pau Gasol. The Lakers have split those two games with Gasol averaging 18 points and 9.5 rebounds.

Gasol was traded to the Lakers from the Memphis Grizzles last week where Gasol averaged 18.9 points and 8.8 rebounds in 39 games with Memphis.

The trade has created a buzz throughout the league and provides the Lakers with a solid post presence on an already tough team.

Los Angeles thrives at both ends of the floor ranking third in the NBA in scoring (106.8), field-goal percentage (.476), and assists (23.72) while placing fourth in opponent field-goal percentage (.442) and rebounding (44.39).

The Lakers are currently in the midst of a Eastern road swing and their trip to Orlando will be their sixth out of nine straight games away from Los Angeles.

The two teams last met in early December match-up in California with the Magic coming up victorious 104-97 thanks to a balanced scoring attack led by Rashard Lewis' 18 points.

In that game, Kobe Bryant scored 19 first quarter points but the Magic did an outstanding job allowing just nine more points from Bryant through the final three periods.

Orlando will need that same team effort offensively and defensively as the Magic hope to sweep the season series from the Lakers for the first time in team history.

MAGIC INJURY REPORT

James Augustine

quote:
Originally posted by MagicNoles:

we beat them with bynum and we will beat them with gasol.

Besides its my bday. Magic better win

Happy brithday!!!! I got a win on mine so I hope you get a win on yours.

GO MAGIC!!!!