Sign in to follow this  
Chief holmes

Something positive i've noticed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now i am often trying topay devils advocate on here and try to put a positive spin on things.

Not even i could put up an argument against the infuriating nature we have of losing to bad teams(most recently boston).like everyone else our inconsistancy drives me mad cos we all want us to be the best now now now.right?

But ive noticed something the bodes well for the future and specifically the post season.

The common topic on here and in the media is how we raise our game to the level of the opposition and can beat the big teams and lose to the bad ones. Well in the last couple of weeks we have had 3 MUST WIN games against new jearsey, New York and Indiana. We WON all 3.and as annoying as it was to lose to boston in between we are raising it when it matters and plating in the clutch. So, this should mean that come playoff time when every possession of every game is clutch and "big" we are equipped to succeed. Plus, the playoffs by definition are for the best teams and should we make it, we will be a low seed and subsuquently be the "worst" in there. Therefore, we will be in a position where every game is against a big team, and who we can "up" our levels per the trend. There will be no bad teams for us to bust out to. we'll be underdogs for every game and as a young team suits us best.

So yes the bad losses hurt like hell but i would be more worried if we could ONLY beat the bostons and Atlanta's etc, and were losing the big ones when it counts most. We've proved we can do it when others fail and that makes us best equipped for the post season.

Let's just hope we get there.

Now i am often trying topay devils advocate on here and try to put a positive spin on things.

Not even i could put up an argument against the infuriating nature we have of losing to bad teams(most recently boston).like everyone else our inconsistancy drives me mad cos we all want us to be the best now now now.right?

But ive noticed something the bodes well for the future and specifically the post season.

The common topic on here and in the media is how we raise our game to the level of the opposition and can beat the big teams and lose to the bad ones. Well in the last couple of weeks we have had 3 MUST WIN games against new jearsey, New York and Indiana. We WON all 3.and as annoying as it was to lose to boston in between we are raising it when it matters and plating in the clutch. So, this should mean that come playoff time when every possession of every game is clutch and "big" we are equipped to succeed. Plus, the playoffs by definition are for the best teams and should we make it, we will be a low seed and subsuquently be the "worst" in there. Therefore, we will be in a position where every game is against a big team, and who we can "up" our levels per the trend. There will be no bad teams for us to bust out to. we'll be underdogs for every game and as a young team suits us best.

So yes the bad losses hurt like hell but i would be more worried if we could ONLY beat the bostons and Atlanta's etc, and were losing the big ones when it counts most. We've proved we can do it when others fail and that makes us best equipped for the post season.

Let's just hope we get there.

Agree Chief.

On top of that our defense can be stifiling at times. Actually a lot of the time as evidenced by our league leading 70 something forced shot-clock violations.

Don't forget guys, in the playoffs the defenses really pick up and the teams that play it the best are usually the ones to advance.

I really think we can give any team fits!

Now, did I mention our turnover's per game? Let's don't go there.(lol)

For this season(the first full one with the group), I can say that this is, while not great, acceptable. A team that plays down to or up to its competition is a sign of youth, and that's fine.

Next year, we have to start beating these teams, if only for the seeding. We've lost 13-15 games we should've won easily. If we'd won just 10 of those, we'd be, what, 44-29? Tied for second in the East? Heck, if we'd won 5, just a third of them, we'd be a half game back of Miami for the division lead.

Next year, we can't afford to lose to Atlanta(3 times), Charlotte(twice), Sacramento, Phily, Boston, Memphis(without Pau), NOK(without half their lineup), Golden State, Milwaukee(without Redd), or Toronto without Bosh.