Sign in to follow this  
Faux Hawk

2 trades that make sense....

But would never happen...

First trade is making a move for Charlie V.

You would naturally try to get him straight up for JJ, but my guess is it would take more so a good trade for both sides I think would be:

JJ & Fran's rights

for Charlie V.

That would solve our PF needs and Charlie can hit an 3 as good or better than Brian Cook. And with Howard on Charlie's weak side his defense would look a lot better than it has with the Bucks with Bogut having his back.

Second trade and this one no way Otis would do but would make a lot of sense.

Arroyo, Dooling, Garrity, Battie, 2010 first round pick and 2009 second round pick.

FOR

Jason Kidd and Darryl Armstrong.

Both moves clean up everything we need and give us time on Jameer to become what he can be. With both Kidd and Armstrong to mentor the inconsistent Jameer would only prove helpful. Hopefully Kidd would not want an extension and be happy to finish his career with Dwight. He talked glowing about Dwight last time in town, so I could see him being one of the few veterans willing to take a huge pay cut to play with Dwight once his current deal runs out.

FLAME ON!!!

You would naturally try to get him straight up for JJ, but my guess is it would take more so a good trade for both sides I think would be:

JJ & Fran's rights

for Charlie V.

That would solve our PF needs and Charlie can hit an 3 as good or better than Brian Cook. And with Howard on Charlie's weak side his defense would look a lot better than it has with the Bucks with Bogut having his back.

Arroyo, Dooling, Garrity, Battie, 2010 first round pick and 2009 second round pick.

FOR

Both moves clean up everything we need and give us time on Jameer to become what he can be. With both Kidd and Armstrong to mentor the inconsistent Jameer would only prove helpful. Hopefully Kidd would not want an extension and be happy to finish his career with Dwight. He talked glowing about Dwight last time in town, so I could see him being one of the few veterans willing to take a huge pay cut to play with Dwight once his current deal runs out.

FLAME ON!!!

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:

Then why would you waste my time?

Because it then gives you a reason to be a smart ***

quote:

Yup - I agree. If we could get Charlie V, it would be a good trade - he's a good, consistent player and would benefit both the team and himself here more than in Buck-land.

quote:

Because it then gives you a reason to be a smart ***

Heh - I think that applies to about 3/4s of the posters on this board.

2 Words.. Udonis Haslem.

He is the only one we can get, and the Heat even said they would do it if they got a trade involving JJ. Probably Redick and Arroyo for Haslem. I'd do it in a heartbeat and SVG even said he would play Turk at the 2.

quote:
Originally posted by Faux Hawk:

JJ & Fran's rights

for Charlie V.

FOR

FLAME ON!!!

Why do the Bucks need JJ when they have Redd?

Why does NJ want Arroyo, Dooling, Garrity and especially Battie?

The biggest issue I've seen in these trade threads that constantly pop up is that it assumes that the other side would be happy giving up talent for 50 cents on the dollar. Most teams aren't throwing a fire sale like Memphis did with Gasol.

Yea i want Haslem and i would give up Arroyo and Redick for him too but Turk at the 2, i dont know about that. I guess we can try but if it gets out of hand that Turk cant guard them then we need to have a backup plan. We already get abused at the 2 position, do we really need to get merked.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by Faux Hawk:

JJ & Fran's rights

for Charlie V.

FOR

FLAME ON!!!

Why do the Bucks need JJ when they have Redd?

Why does NJ want Arroyo, Dooling, Garrity and especially Battie?

The biggest issue I've seen in these trade threads that constantly pop up is that it assumes that the other side would be happy giving up talent for 50 cents on the dollar. Most teams aren't throwing a fire sale like Memphis did with Gasol.

But the Nets needs to understand that Kidd is like 35 and teams dont wanna give to much for player that might be on his way out.

the haslem trade would be great. and turk would be a multi position player, im sure we go back to the current starting lineup in some cases.

do that trade and dooling, garrity, and a 1st to memphis for miller, navarro(or throw in augie for lowry instead)

dk much bout villanova, only that he is bald and doesnt seem like he fits pf like we need. seems like i remember teams using him as a combo forward