Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Fans Game Thread * Magic - Heat * Jan. 30th

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

It does if that player is one of the top two players on that team. Turk & Dwight=1st. Jamison & Butler=2nd. I think that should mean something. And I don't think they get extra credit because they have an injured starter.

And Hedo hasn't been good for just one week. He's been consistent all year and is probably the biggest reason our record is so good. I'll give you that Butler plays better D, but Turk's no JJ.

If you ask me, coaches will ask themselves who they worry about more when playing the Wiz and Magic (if they think it through that far). Turk or Butler? I think the answer for most coaches will be Turk, and I think he'll get the nod.

Any coach who would gear up more for Turk than for Butler or Wallace likely won't coach for very long.

And you're acting like Butler, Jamison and Wallace haven't had good stats all year. It's not like they each had a game where they scored 6000 points, and that's skewing the data. Each one has had better stats than Hedo every month of the season.

And I'd hardly call Gilbert Arenas "just a starter".

quote:
Originally posted by FanSince1990:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by Redickulous:

Hope you guys are defending Van Gundy the game that Dwight is still in, where the Magic are up by 20 with 3 minutes left and he comes down funny and tears his ACL trying to block an Earl Barron shot.

Happens a lot more often than you think.

Just not a smart idea.

Says the JJ Redick fan from Wisconsin.

These are the times I wish he would just get traded so that we lose 20-30 forum members that only post negative garbage.

Says the potato chip eating clueless fan from right here who doesn't use deodorant and 10 years ago wore a Bull's Jersey.

In all fairness Jareth, you DID call him a JJ Redick fan, I would be pretty upset too...

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by FanSince1990:

quote:

quote:

Hope you guys are defending Van Gundy the game that Dwight is still in, where the Magic are up by 20 with 3 minutes left and he comes down funny and tears his ACL trying to block an Earl Barron shot.

Just not a smart idea.

These are the times I wish he would just get traded so that we lose 20-30 forum members that only post negative garbage.

Says the potato chip eating clueless fan from right here who doesn't use deodorant and 10 years ago wore a Bull's Jersey.

In all fairness Jareth, you DID call him a JJ Redick fan, I would be pretty upset too...

Thats the even funnier part, I called Redickulous a JJ fan. Was I wrong in doing so?

quote:
Any coach who would gear up more for Turk than for Butler or Wallace likely won't coach for very long.

And you're acting like Butler, Jamison and Wallace haven't had good stats all year. It's not like they each had a game where they scored 6000 points, and that's skewing the data. Each one has had better stats than Hedo every month of the season.

That's not true at all. Butler and Jamison have each had excellent years. I'm not saying they don't deserve consideration. It should be Pierce, Jamison, Bosh and then a battle between Turk/Butler. Personally I think Turk deserves to go for the reasons I've stated.And which Wallace are you talking about? Gerald?

And a coach that isn't gearing up for Turk isn't going to win many games against the Magic. Ask Riley and Doc (hell, Doc said it himself).

quote:
originally posted by LarryEtt:

No. actually Stan was pulling a classic power play : "I'm in charge and I dare any one to challenge me."

He's also showing his distrust on the players and lack of confidence in his own coaching ability.

quote:
Originally posted by random:

Can you keep it about the game in this thread please?

jd thanks for posting recap, waiting for post game quotes now!

He said nothing that made much sense. Fortunately his child-like excuses make for good comedy.

quote:

quote:

Just not a smart idea.

Didn't realize you had to live in Florida to be a Magic fan, my bad.

You talk about how I don't have a valid point? How the **** don't I? Go around and ask any sensible fan of the game if keeping your starters in, up by 20, with 3 minutes to go is a good idea, they'll agree with me 9 times out of 10.

But go ahead and keep acting like you're the God of this forum.

Insults aren't need my friend. But ask yourself this. If SVG took the starters out at the 6 minute mark, and we started to lose our lead and the Heat made a comeback, you would all be ripping him for not keeping the starters in. Correct?

You can't have it both ways guys. Either you trust the man for his decisions, or you don't. I think his fears were justified due to the fact that we have lost big leads to inferior teams before.

I think if we had been leading this game by 20 for the entire second half, we would have seen more of the backups.

quote:

Insults aren't need my friend. But ask yourself this. If SVG took the starters out at the 6 minute mark, and we started to lost our lead and the Heat made a comeback, you would all be ripping him for not keeping the starters in.

You can't have it both ways guys. Either you trust the man for his decisions, or you don't. I think his fears were justified due to the fact that we have lost big leads to inferior teams before.

I think if we had been leading this game by 20 for the entire second half, we would have seen more of the backups.

It's not rocket science, you're up by 20 with 6 minutes left. Throw in your reserves and don't risk injury to your starters. If the Heat are somehow able to magically get it to under 10 in that span, put your starters back in.

Not really that big of a deal and most coaches in the NBA don't keep their starters out on the court that long. I have never praised SVG. I have never thought he was as great of a coach as everyone else thinks he is. He wasn't great in Miami and he's not great now, so stop worshipping the guy.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:

That's not true at all. Butler and Jamison have each had excellent years. I'm not saying they don't deserve consideration. It should be Pierce, Jamison, Bosh and then a battle between Turk/Butler. Personally I think Turk deserves to go for the reasons I've stated.And which Wallace are you talking about? Gerald?

And a coach that isn't gearing up for Turk isn't going to win many games against the Magic. Ask Riley and Doc (hell, Doc said it himself).

I personally think butler,pierce,bosh will make all star team.then hedo or jamison.I put hedo ahead because magic won more games.

jefferson and wallace are out because their teams are well below 500

quote:

Insults aren't need my friend. But ask yourself this. If SVG took the starters out at the 6 minute mark, and we started to lose our lead and the Heat made a comeback, you would all be ripping him for not keeping the starters in. Correct?

thank you for finally being the first person to bring that up jareth.

if the magic would have played better from the get-go, stan might have had more faith in this team and let his starters get some rest. So the only people to blame is the players themselves, for letting the scrubs keep the game so close.

quote:

quote:

Insults aren't need my friend. But ask yourself this. If SVG took the starters out at the 6 minute mark, and we started to lost our lead and the Heat made a comeback, you would all be ripping him for not keeping the starters in.

It's not rocket science, you're up by 20 with 6 minutes left. Throw in your reserves and don't risk injury to your starters. If the Heat are somehow able to magically get it to under 10 in that span, put your starters back in.

Not really that big of a deal and most coaches in the NBA don't keep their starters out on the court that long. I have never praised SVG. I have never thought he was as great of a coach as everyone else thinks he is. He wasn't great in Miami and he's not great now, so stop worshipping the guy.

he's sure doing a better job than Bhill....

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just not a smart idea.

Didn't realize you had to live in Florida to be a Magic fan, my bad.

You talk about how I don't have a valid point? How the **** don't I? Go around and ask any sensible fan of the game if keeping your starters in, up by 20, with 3 minutes to go is a good idea, they'll agree with me 9 times out of 10.

But go ahead and keep acting like you're the God of this forum.

I understand Stan Van Gundy's concern of keeping the starters in the game so they could learn how to close games properly, since lately they had a tendency to blow out big leads at the 4rth quarter.

Still, he is taking a big risk by leaving the starters on the floor with such a big lead because if one of the starters get injured, he will have a lot of explain to the Magic management why the starters were playing on a game that seemed already won.