Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Thomas Robinson getting dumped by Houston. Any interest?

"Dumped" may be a strong word, as it suggests that Houston wants little or anything back outside of salary shedding (thereby also suggesting that Robinson has absolutely no value). I think neither is the case here.

Nicholson is a rookie, his first year. College is a lot different from the NBA. He'll adjust after this first season and learn to play better. It's normal. Progression, you know? Keep Nicholson. He'll be great. He's shown a lot of promise for this country and the Orlando Magic. Thanks Canada.

• Upvote 1

I would give Houston a fish sandwich but I would be hard pressed to include tarter sauce. That would be my best offer.

• Upvote 1

I'm on board with sending the Lakers back to the Nick Van Exel years. And hopefully Dwight has to play overseas somewhere, ala Alan Iverson.

When I saw this article, I was all over it. If we could get him for a 2nd round pick and the trade exception, I would do it. Unless of course, he's completely out of shape or a headcase.

I like cheap athletic projects. Especially when they are early first round picks. If he can be had for a TPE and our 2nd round, unless Rob has his eye on a dark horse second rounder, then I would be all for it. I sure don't want to see a TPE expire, like the previous regime let happen, and let an asset turn into nothing. Just not so sure he's going to come that cheap.

I like cheap athletic projects. Especially when they are early first round picks. If he can be had for a TPE and our 2nd round, unless Rob has his eye on a dark horse second rounder, then I would be all for it. I sure don't want to see a TPE expire, like the previous regime let happen, and let an asset turn into nothing. Just not so sure he's going to come that cheap.

I agree

I'm all for it. I don't see the moving from Sac to Hou to wherever as a big issue. Its hard to speculate why the Kings traded him. I wonder if the sale of the team had something to do with it? The Rockets move seems motivated by wanting to clear cap space for a run at a big free agent. They also have Motiejunas, Parsons, and Jones at pf. TR has the highest salary of the group.

The guy was drafted 5th last year and has talent. Decent athleticism and size. His hustle and energy make him a good rebounder.

• Upvote 1

I'm all for it. I don't see the moving from Sac to Hou to wherever as a big issue. Its hard to speculate why the Kings traded him. I wonder if the sale of the team had something to do with it? The Rockets move seems motivated by wanting to clear cap space for a run at a big free agent. They also have Motiejunas, Parsons, and Jones at pf. TR has the highest salary of the group.

The guy was drafted 5th last year and has talent. Decent athleticism and size. His hustle and energy make him a good rebounder.

he was having problems with playing time and did not take it too well.

he was having problems with playing time and did not take it too well.

Maybe being traded a couple times will give him some perspective on his place in this league and how hard he is going to have to work to make it. Could actually be a good thing for him.

I know we want to just offer the TPE & a second round pick, but I have no doubt someone who is under the salary cap will offer a late-first rounder for him. We're going to need to do better than what has been suggested. I think he would be a perfect compliment to Vuc. While I do like Nicolson, I think he's rather limited outside of a great offensive touch.