Sign in to follow this  
Jagsfreak27

Magic Going All In For Chris Paul's Backup?

Well it appears that the talking heads at ESPN have decided to double down on the trade. By the way, this report makes more sense than what I have heard to this point.

Link http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9423005/los-angeles-clippers-discussing-trading-eric-bledsoe-orlando-magic-sources

Dang! Beat me to it. :shard:

And the Henningan thing,if true, I bet he's been letting "his people" handle the Clips calls. Semantics for the win! :tongue:

Where Bledsoe really excels though is defensively. The guy is a freak athlete and, in my opinion, has the skills to be highly disruptive on the defensive end. I guess ultimately the way I see it is this...by the time we're ready to compete, Afflalo is going to be pushing 30 and exiting his prime, while Bledsoe will be right in his prime.

This is what sold me on Bledsoe - watching him block shots. Most athletic guys spend all their time practicing dunks, but Bledsoe has some really good timing on shot blocks and that's something that's hard to teach, especially to a PG.

I mean, I don't want to give away everything for the guy, but if we can send AA their way and maybe one other piece (that ISN'T the #2 pick), sure: sounds good.

This is what sold me on Bledsoe - watching him block shots. Most athletic guys spend all their time practicing dunks, but Bledsoe has some really good timing on shot blocks and that's something that's hard to teach, especially to a PG.

I mean, I don't want to give away everything for the guy, but if we can send AA their way and maybe one other piece (that ISN'T the #2 pick), sure: sounds good.

Yeah I'm pretty bored at work, so here's what I'm thinking:

Trade #1: Wolves receive: #2 pick/Magic receive: #9, #26, D. Williams

Trade #2: Clips receive: AA, Nicholson, and possibly the #26 pick (acquired from MN)/Magic receive: Bledsoe/Butler

With #9 pick Orlando selects: Zeller or McCollum if Clippers trade falls through and he's available (I think he goes #7 to Kings)

So basically we lose AA and Nicholson and add Bledsoe, D. Williams, and Zeller/McCollum.

Only thing I'm wondering is what the hell were doing at SG if we trade Afflalo and do the MN deal? Harkless?

Yeah I'm pretty bored at work, so here's what I'm thinking:

Trade #1: Wolves receive: #2 pick/Magic receive: #9, #26, D. Williams

Trade #2: Clips receive: AA, Nicholson, and possibly the #26 pick (acquired from MN)/Magic receive: Bledsoe/Butler

With #9 pick Orlando selects: Zeller or McCollum if Clippers trade falls through and he's available (I think he goes #7 to Kings)

So basically we lose AA and Nicholson and add Bledsoe, D. Williams, and Zeller/McCollum.

Only thing I'm wondering is what the hell were doing at SG if we trade Afflalo and do the MN deal? Harkless?

has anyone gone onto Minny / LA message boards to see what they're saying about these perceived deals??

Edit: Answered my own question. Minny is sold on that deal should Oladipo be there. They believe we pick up Zeller/McCollum with that pick at #9 and are satisfied with having Williams leave for Oladipo. Apparently they're all pretty high on him.

Would not be the worst thing. In fact, regardless of what transactions we make this offseason, I'd love to see Harkless played at the 2 spot for extended minutes. Basically, anything that adds up to Harkless, Harris, and Vujevic spending lots of minutes together is a good thing.

If true I think we should retire the "Going in for" tagline for threads....Have one of these ever come true??