Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Jameer and Brian meet to discuss last second shots. All seems to be well!(Denton blog

I missed that comment by Ghost, very good insight man, that honestly does give us insight into Jameers mind set which seems to be he does think he is the man of the team and guys have to answer to him, when in reality I think Dwight needs to take up that role; I was very curious to know why Dwight wasnt team captain this year but Jameer was, I always saw Dwight as the leader of this team.

quote:
But then he plays the majority of the second half. Oh well, if there was ill feelings everything seems to be alright now.

Come on now. Don't believe everything you read. What were they supposed to do - air their strong differences in public and create a distracting sideshow during a playoff run. One stat says it all.

Jameer Nelson 2-5 in nearly 27 minutes

He was read the riot act and the riot act was -Pass the ball and take better shots. When last has Nelson had only 5 shots?

JAMIEER SHOULD NOT BE IN THE GAME IN THE FINAL MINUTES. I THINK HE SUCKS AND HE IS LUCKY TO BE PLAYING FOR A COACH THAT IS SO HARD HEADED THAT KEEPS EXPECTING THINGS OUT OF NELSON THAT NELSON HAS NOT DELIEVER ALL SEASON. HEY BH, IF YOU WANT DIFFERENT RESULTS, YOU WILL HAVE TO START DOING SOMETHING DIFFERENT. ONLY A FOOL CAN EXPECT DIFFERENT RESULTS IN ANY ENDEAVOR, WITHOUT MAKING CHANGES. CAN NOT EXPECT A ORANGE TREE TO GIVE YOU APPLES. IF YOU WANT APPLES YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE APPLE TREE.

CONGRATULATIONS TO BH ON THE INDY VICTORY AND FOR PLAYING HIS BETTER FIVE ( SO CALLED 2ND UNIT ) THE BEST 5: ARROYO PG, REDDICK SG, ARIZA SF, DARKO F/C, HOWARD F/C. I THINK BH SHOULD PUT THESE GUYS ON HIS FAVE FIVE PHONE.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicmaninMiami:

quote:
But then he plays the majority of the second half. Oh well, if there was ill feelings everything seems to be alright now.

Come on now. Don't believe everything you read. What were they supposed to do - air their strong differences in public and create a distracting sideshow during a playoff run. One stat says it all.

Jameer Nelson 2-5 in nearly 27 minutes

He was read the riot act and the riot act was -Pass the ball and take better shots. When last has Nelson had only 5 shots?

Obviously your right. The Magic are very good at keeping problems in house and putting their best foot forward with the media and to the general public.

I honestly thought Brian should have kept Jameer on the bench longer and not given him a lot of minutes in the second half. In spite of the fact that his shot attempts were down when as you say Miami Brian is trying to control him which I agree with. I just don't think he's being as hard on him as he should.

I "really" liked what Arroyo was doing last night. He didn't force the issue and took what was given to him. And most importantly, he got his teammates involved and the offense looked good as we went on a nice run.

Why didn't Arroyo play the second half?

That would have been a perfect opportunity to send a message to Jameer..........look, this team can function pretty nicely without your shoot first mentality.

It worked when Brian sent Carlos to the pine!

quote:
Why didn't Arroyo play the second half?

He did. It was easy to miss because it was a very short time in the closing seconds of the game. I'm sure there were other reasons but I tend to believe the call back was a recognition of his play. Of course the real answer will come next game.

quote:
``I'm not complaining because the guys are out there and you have to let them play,'' Hill said. ``They know what the situation is.''

This is bull**** coming from the mouth of a coach who benches Darko, Arroyo,and JJ, for lesser mistakes. It seems to me that Otis is running the rotion here and that together with a castrating coach, we are in trouble in close games during the playoffs. Otis should be held responsible togenther with Brian for our underperformance.

Come on Otis is a general manager with no desire to ever coach. Why in the world would he be running the rotations? Since Devos loves Brian Hill why would he let Otis sabotage Hill like that? What you are saying makes no sense.

Its really late in the season but I think Jameer needs to start a few games coming off the bench. It is time for Jameer to realize that he is expendable unless he gets his sh** together. Not one of our starters has been held accountable for anything this year and its a blatant double standard. I would be ok if Napoleon were to bench the entire starting lineup except Dwight and have the reserves start. Its the better lineup anyway and then maybe Jameer can find that edge that he used to have.

Brian meets with Jameer:

Brian: "Meer! If you keep shooting those "I-want-my-last-second-heroics-on-ESPN" crazy shots, I will bench you!! Did you hear me?!

Jameer: "You do that, and I'll tell Dwight."

Brian: "Uh, oh... sorry, man! I forgot you are our other franchise player. Keep up the good work. Don't forget I love you, and don't let Dwight forget that either...."

quote:
This is bull**** coming from the mouth of a coach who benches Darko, Arroyo,and JJ, for lesser mistakes

Man I couldn't agree more. If any other player had done the same thing Nelson did in that game you could expect him not to play for the rest of the season, but no that shot was taken by Jameer un**** ing touchable Nelson. Therefore he should still play 30+ min a game.

I'm so friggin frustrated with this coach. We have 4 guys that can play the 1 but yet he insist on playing Nelson over them. Dooling defends better than Nelson, Denier is a better shooter than Nelson and Carlos takes better care of the ball than Nelson. So why is coach so in love with him? He should not be playing more than 25 min a game and by no means he should be closing games in crunch time. I rather have Dooling or Denier to close out a game.

Wow!!! After seeing last game with Indiana, I reluctantly accepted that there is no future on this team for players like Carlos, Travis and Darko. The discussion presented in this forum between Jameer and B. Hill, just made me feel less hopeful.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

quote:
Originally posted by FRED:

I don't know...it seems to me that B. HIll backed off for some reason when speaking to the press. Probably the powers that be had to do something with that, but tell me this:

Who in their right mind, coaching an NBA team, on the hunt for a playoff spot, gets enfuriated about the last plays his PG ran (Jameer in the Boston game) in the end of regulation and the 1st overtime, goes irate about the play that was drawn up being completely discarded, ends up losing the game, and then after a supposed "meeting with the player" says that it's all good because Jameer felt he had a better chance of scoring one-on-one against his defender on 2 failed occasions? ANSWER: B. Hill

Just shows the type of character he is.

If I were coaching, (which I have, and it doesn't matter the level of coaching), and I call a play, I know my team is on a playoff race looking to clinch playoff berth, and my PG decides to completely ignore the play I drew up, I would definitely be irate as well, especially if the events that happened afterwards led to a loss.

I don't buy it. B. Hill may be a mediocre coach with brief moments of lucidity, but this whole notion that he is allright with what occurred during that night is as they say in England "Rubbish", so as to not say B.S.

And if he is completely fine with the situation, given our reality in this playoff race, it only shows what kind of coach he truly is...one that allows his players to do whatever they please...he has no control over them, and thus showing to the world the ammount of disrespect he gets from the team.

I would've benched my PG, no matter who he is, there's a thing called team ball and to play it, everyone has to do their part, even if that means you have to listen to and execute a given play at the end of tied ball game.

Much Love!

Ur seemingly contradicting yourself, in your first statement it sems u r taking a snap at Brian for getting angry, and yet in your last statement ur saying he should have been angry?

An that u agree he should have been angry and yet u just took a shot at him for being angry?

I agree though with the statement that he has lost control of the team, it seems they dont respect his authority, u dont see Wade in Miami disregarding Pats plays at the end of games....

WE are missing that leadership and I think that game showed it, Meer basically said **** you coach, I will win this game my way......

RICH...no, I wasn't taking a shot at B. HIll for being upset, I was glad he got upset!...on the contrary, I was taking a shot at him for being upset and then changing his mind about the whole situation.

If you read closely, I criticized the fact that he indeed was visibly upset, and a day later after the supposed "meeting" with Jameer, he suddenly says it's allright because the guys know the situation and he has to let them just play.

To me that doesn't show character; he's practically giving them an open-pass, a go-ahead to do what ever they want. Which is totally unfair to the rest of the team, because if they've gone out there and fought it out with whoever for 48 minutes, sacrificed their bodies, given their all, and all of a sudden anyone on the team can decide to bypass every other team's position, ability, and/or the play that has been drawn up for personal reasons, that to me doesn't show a whole lot of team unity.

So my point in the post was not to take a "snap" at B. Hill for being or not angry. I think I was quite clear in the post when stating that I was mad at B. Hill for being IRATE due to what happened and then changing his mind about it without holding his man accountable for the loss.

No contradicitons there my friend, I'm always goign to bring it how it is, how I feel things are.

But thanks for your insight! If there's even a minute chance I may have written the original post in an ambiguous tone, I hope I've clarified it through this post to all our fellow members!

Much Love