Sign in to follow this  
serviviente

Another Carlos discussion....what you want me to talk about Darko?

Arroyo is playing better imo as the energy man off the bench only being used when neccessary, if he is given a roataion spot baq he will go baq to his old habits, he is better suited for his role rght now.

quote:
Arroyo is playing better imo as the energy man off the bench only being used when neccessary, if he is given a roataion spot baq he will go baq to his old habits, he is better suited for his role rght now.

I don't think it works like that. As a human being he'll play to prove something and once it sinks in that no matter how good he plays he isn't going to get the minutes he'll lose motivation besides a good coach can clear that up in a heart beat - "Carlos, you've earned some minutes but if you don't continue to earn them in every game I'll have to give them to someone else" . Thats motivation enough for the games left and at least Arroyo obviously can be motivated. I don't know that anything is reaching Jameer.

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

quote:
Serviviente, did you hear the live comments on ESPN of Carlos excellent statistics yet apparently he was not filling his coachs expectations of distributing the ball to everybody. I think Carlos has never adapted well to this team or been accepted for his role by his team mates. If you review his Detroit and Jazz games he had an uncanny ability to find his open man, that this year he only occasionally has exhibited.

because in detroit he made more assists than shooting the ball. To compare his game in the jazz system will not be accuarate mainly because he was a starter there, thus getting more minutes. If we double his minutes and compare it to his Jazz stats would be more inaccurate as we are not counting in other factors, such as fatigue. and his constant role as a starting point guard.

Look at his stats is Detroit (04-05 [the season he was traded])

in 40 games played where Carlos averaged 17.7mpg, he averaged 3.2 apg and 5.4ppg

Last year, in Detroit (05-06)

in 50 games with 12mpg he averaged 3.1 apg and just 3.2 ppg.

In Orlando.

Last year (05-06), Carlos averaged 22mpg and averaged 10.8 ppg and 2.9 apg. Which is a big drop in assists compared to his previous years in detroit when he averaged more assist in less minutes.

This season, Carlos is averaging, 18.7mpg, with 2.9 apg and 8ppg.

Now the issue might come in that Carlos is getting less minutes that is why his stats is going down. But the fact is, if Carlos Arroyo is averaging less minutes and still being productive in assists, the stats won't go down, it would even go up.

In this post, I am not bashing Carlos. I am just basing this mainly on the stats.

The mainly reason Arroyo is down in Assists is because Detroit had a lot better shooting players!

The mainly reason Arroyo is down in Assists is because Detroit had a lot better shooting players!

FINALLY!!!! Someone without BLINDERS!!!!!!

TRUE, TRUE, TURE!!!

In Detroit as well as Utah they had people who can put the ball in the basket.....

Oh, and by the way did you guys hear when Hubie Brown called the magic a selfish team? The reason the Magic assist to turnover ratio is so high is because this is a selfish team.. wink, wink Jameer?

Carlos is doing what he needs to do and that is help the team when Brain Hill calls his number.

In regards to Jameer not running the coaches play against Boston and then coming back to start and play most of that game shows you what kind of coach you are. NO CREDIBILITY AT ALL....

ecard_thinking-sm.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by MagicmaninMiami:

quote:

I don't think it works like that. As a human being he'll play to prove something and once it sinks in that no matter how good he plays he isn't going to get the minutes he'll lose motivation besides a good coach can clear that up in a heart beat - "Carlos, you've earned some minutes but if you don't continue to earn them in every game I'll have to give them to someone else" . Thats motivation enough for the games left and at least Arroyo obviously can be motivated. I don't know that anything is reaching Jameer.

Carlos will be fine. He's playing well and if he keeps it up he will get more playing time. Jameer has a free ride no matter what he does. It's not fair, but we have Napoleon running this team or did we forget? He yella and benches darko when he makes mistakes, yet Nelson can completely disregard the coach and gets a "meeting". It's why Darko is gone this summer. I would not want to play for this coach. We lose players because we bring in losers to coach and run the organization. We run more good players out of here than any other team that can come to mind. There must be a reason why we have lost Shaq, Tracy, Billups, Wallace, just to name a few. **** it makes me want to puke. Horrible just horrible.

quote:

its worse to consider that Carlos Arroyo probably has more fans on this board compared to all our starters combined. yikes. *sarcasm ends*

Fendi, you hit the nail on the head, he does have a following of believers and there is nothing wrong with that. Why does it affect you as a fan of the magic?

Carlos had better numbers on his previous teams because they had better plays to run than our two stupid plays of give the ball to Dwight in the low post and disapear or the other one of clear for Jameer to shoot the ball. With Detroit, the ball was in constant movement so were the players. If you don't believe it watch a Pistons game and try to count the numbers of picks, and pick and rolls they execute in just one play. Same case with Utha. Arroyo was in heaven getting pick and rolls from Kirnenko and Booser because he knew that a pass to any of them will mean a basket. We don't have any of that in this team. Our offensive plays are boring, predictable, static (no movement), plain and simple a disaster! That's the reason why this team none of the point guards have high numbers in assists (yes, what's good for the goose is good for the gander of Jameer). We need a new coach and a new point guard. I don't think that Carlos should be a starter but he would do a great job as a replacement for say Chauncey.

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:

its worse to consider that Carlos Arroyo probably has more fans on this board compared to all our starters combined. yikes. *sarcasm ends*

Fendi, you hit the nail on the head, he does have a following of believers and there is nothing wrong with that. Why does it affect you as a fan of the magic?
what is wrong with my comment? I stated the truth. lol

Come on people tr to keep this thread normal.

Arroy is doing his job coming off the bench and that is the reaso he is in Orlando. I'm he is playing well after what he did to him self in ocacions and then after the coach did to him and other players.

I don't care about stats let's just hope everyone kepp playing like a wining team and the coach hit his head and suddenly became a incredible play maker in his drawing board.

Wow. I'm a Piston fan and I remember us doing the same thing with Carlos (Darko, too). Carlos is one of those rare, inscrutable players that nobody can figure out. We used to have some real battles on Pistons.com, and mostly, I supported Carlos because he's aggressive - I thought he gave our second unit a new look.

But looking back on it, I realized something, Carlos was kind of selfish. He never wanted to make the pass that might lead to an assist. He always wanted to get the assist or score, and that makes him a selfish player. He just wouldn't run the offense, but we thought he would be great on a more up-tempo team. But still, some nights he would be your hero.

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:

At the NJ game this young boy(probably 8 yrs old) who was wearing a no.30 jersey was sitting next to his dad. I asked him if he was an Arroyo supporter. The son and the father looked at me like they didn't understand what I was saying. Later I asked if they liked Carlos? They both lit up like a Christmas tree and we then had some fun chatting during the game. The father was very upset with Otis for not bringing Vince to Orlando.

I mention this because I see so many Carlos Arroyo jerseys at each game.