Sign in to follow this  
Nick Anderson 4 President

Would Mehmet Okur be a good fit in Orlando?

1) His stats this year 12.0/4.9/2.1

2) His stats last year 17.6/7.2/2.0

3) His career stats 13.1/6.8/1.7

4) His defense can be good at times (i.e. against Yao during the last Jazz-Rockets playoff series), yet can never be considered consistent and/or reliable, as he is an offensive-minded player. Yet, he can still contribute to the team and Howard on help defense. Because of his precision outside shooting, he can spread the floor for the inside players. That's how Carlos Boozer had a career year last season. Okur is also very good at pick-and-roll, provided that the team has a good playmaker like Williams--which is not the case for the Magic!!!

5) Although he is listed as a C, he has always been a PF. For this, he can really fit into a contender Magic team, as he will not have a conflict of interest with D12 despite his size (6-11)

6) Jazz fans named him "The Money Man" for his game-winning 3-pointers. He has broken the most 3-pointers made in the franchise history, and to be a clutch player who can step up and claim the ball during the crunch time

7) As somebody has already mentioned, he can adapt to Orlando and to the team rather promptly, as his buddy, Hedo, will take care of him.

Check this video out! It's good...

I personally think that acquiring Memo from the Jazz would be awesome. Yet, we should reciprocate their generosity!!!

Best regards,

Veritas

Here is your doctor, I know everything about Memo.

He started to play basketball around 16 years old, too late? Absolutely no for him, he's best side is his quick learning ability. He played soccer till 16, so he has quick legs compared to his opponents in Turkey, he became star in 3 years, then transferred to biggest club, Efes Pilsen, where Hedo came from. He became the dominant player in two year, even he opted his contract with Detroit one year to develop his game in that club. When he is decided to came to NBA, he was really ready for that. In his first year, he made some impacts, coming off the bench, his 3s, he got the Nba winner ring in his second year, then he decided to go to

Utah.

Okur is perfect fit to Utah, cause they got Boozer from Cleveland, he is a dominant player in the paint, Okur takes the Center with him to out of the paint, as he shoots well behind the arc. His last year was very good, he was selected as all star.

In my opinion, he can play the same role for us, we have a big buy D12 inside the paint, Okur may stay outside, with Hedo, Shard... 3 gunner outside ha? lol..

His rebounding is very good, although he stays behind the arc most of the time, his offensive rebounding is good, however his D is not so good. Sloan always criticizes him of being not tough. But as he is quick learner, he is developing his defense.

Jazz has some young centers, if they are ready, they can send Okur to us... One more thing about Okur is as someone mentioned, his original position was PF, he started to play center around 2002... Overall, he may be very useful for us in Center...

Welcome to the boards TURBEY

I love Okur's game and would love to create the Turkish All-Star team in Orlando.

I love me some Turkey.

I'm from turkey,too.. memo is soft.he is not a good rebounder.he is a good big shooter but we already have 2.after he made all star he started to play more outside game.he is good at D.well he may fit SVG's system concidering his outside game.

Just imagine bigger Hedo without driving ability, that's basically it. He is better at coming out of screens for a jumper. I doubt there is any realistic possibility of such trade happening anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by random:

Just imagine bigger Hedo without driving ability, that's basically it. He is better at coming out of screens for a jumper. I doubt there is any realistic possibility of such trade happening anyway.

I am pretty sure the Jazz would want Hedo in return for Okur, I don't see anything else on our roster (besides Dwight) that might tempt them.

Tough deal to make but they have a surplus of PF's and we have SF's.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:
Originally posted by random:

I am pretty sure the Jazz would want Hedo in return for Okur, I don't see anything else on our roster (besides Dwight) that might tempt them.

Tough deal to make but they have a surplus of PF's and we have SF's.

yes only way to give hedo to jazz.but hedo is playing a lot better and he is more talented.

after okur made the all star he thinks he is as good shooter as ray allen.okur is know playing like cook.just better shooter,defender and rebounder.

quote:
Originally posted by TragicFan:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...6~26~19~19&te=&cash=

With more of an interior defense you could go with

Jameer/Carlos

JJ/Bogans

Lewis/Evans

Howard/Milsap/Augie

Okur/Foyle/Augie

Then look to trade Dooling, Carlos or Jameer, and pick up a bigger PG that can play D and handle the ball.

C'mon, there's no way they give us Okur AND Milsap!

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Anderson 4 President:

quote:
Originally posted by TragicFan:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...6~26~19~19&te=&cash=

With more of an interior defense you could go with

Jameer/Carlos

JJ/Bogans

Lewis/Evans

Howard/Milsap/Augie

Okur/Foyle/Augie

Then look to trade Dooling, Carlos or Jameer, and pick up a bigger PG that can play D and handle the ball.

C'mon, there's no way they give us Okur AND Milsap!

Thanks for your contribution to the conversation. Why don't you try coming up with a counter offer you think is better instead of just shooting people down. Or does that make you feel good about yourself?