Sign in to follow this  
MagicPrimoz

Are most orlando magic fans Racist?

Yes - all Magic fans everywhere are racist. It's an odd coincidence of the universe, I guess.

I guess the negative comments on Carlos are just about as bad as the negative comments on Jameer and JJ. So there you go: all Magic fans are racist against everyone, of every color or creed.

Is this a serious question?

quote:
Originally posted by TheDarkSide:

quote:
Originally posted by TragicFan:

racizm and stupidity run rampant in the tragic kingdom

The only thing stupid and Tragic is that you registered just to make that post...

THIS is why i registred.

http://orlandomagiczone.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=78710298...661028374#1661028374

I want one.

quote:
Originally posted by djmase20:

actaully everyone is just a little too sensitive. "That hispanic guy". Well... thats what he is.. a hispanic guy. Whats the problem? They probably dont like the fact that he over dribbles and shoots too fast in the 24 more than the fact that he speaks espanol. Get over it.

The Davcivic post must have resurrected you.LOL

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicPrimoz:

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

We've had some ex members here like that too...and not just the extreme merks, but some others that you thought where normal.

A lot of the hate towards Arroyo always seemed to be fueled by his race. Its sad. There will always be a lot of people like that.

We had one member say once that international players where ruining the league. Because they where better and took away the chances from some americans to play. How stupid is that?

But I tend to think that most fans are normal people that look at what a player can do for the team and not where they where born...

If it weren't for the international game, the nba would not be anywhere.

Yeah, because when you think of an NBA Legend, you know the first name that pops into your head would be somebody that is from another country.

I love the international game, but that was just ignorant.

I think if you review the roster of the NBA champ for the last two years(Spurs) you would have to review your comments about ignorance a bit.LOL

quote:

actaully everyone is just a little too sensitive. "That hispanic guy". Well... thats what he is.. a hispanic guy. Whats the problem? They probably dont like the fact that he over dribbles and shoots too fast in the 24 more than the fact that he speaks espanol. Get over it.

Totally wrong on this.

Watch a Magic game, Arroyo doesn't over dribble or chucks when he plays with the starter.

When you randomly call someone "the hispanic guy" it can be offensive(especially if its a stranger) and you could get knocked the hell out for the disrespect. I got a rainbow of friends and we joke around with racism(because it is a stupid thing), but we know what lines not to cross because we have that mutual respect. The point is, Arroyo is more than "the hispanic guy", he's our starting PG for our team and thats how he should be viewed primarily if you're a fan of the Magic. If you're a racist, go ahead and racially dissect the Magic roster, lol.

You need to remember "Hispanic" was never created by "Hispanics", it was given. Anyway, its a whole long discussion I could go into, but I'm not, this is the Magic forum. You shouldn't be so insensitive.

quote:
Originally posted by Flexo:

quote:

Totally wrong on this.

Watch a Magic game, Arroyo doesn't over dribble or chucks when he plays with the starter.

When you randomly call someone "the hispanic guy" it can be offensive(especially if its a stranger) and you could get knocked the hell out for the disrespect. I got a rainbow of friends and we joke around with racism(because it is a stupid thing), but we know what lines not to cross because we have that mutual respect. The point is, Arroyo is more than "the hispanic guy", he's our starting PG for our team and thats how he should be viewed primarily if you're a fan of the Magic. If you're a racist, go ahead and racially dissect the Magic roster, lol.

You need to remember "Hispanic" was never created by "Hispanics", it was given. Anyway, its a whole long discussion I could go into, but I'm not, this is the Magic forum. You shouldn't be so insensitive.

Wait, wait. So I call Arroyo a "hispanic guy", and you beat me up? Sounds incredibly foolish. Never call Jameer that "black guy" or I'll kick YOUR ***. See how stupid that sounds?

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

quote:

Totally wrong on this.

Wait, wait. So I call Arroyo a "hispanic guy", and you beat me up? Sounds incredibly foolish. Never call Jameer that "black guy" or I'll kick YOUR ***. See how stupid that sounds?

That does sound stupid... but wait until you call my sisters bf (Spanish... actually from Spain... bask) a mexican... wow does that piss him off.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Totally wrong on this.

That does sound stupid... but wait until you call my sisters bf (Spanish... actually from Spain... bask) a mexican... wow does that piss him off.

I sense that you are racist to some extent. Nothing new momma.

Back to the question, I believe Magic fans expect a "clean" fanbase and experience because the organization tries so hard to be clean and respectable. Consequently, it is extra-shocking when someone acts racist and/or disrespectful as a fan or spectator of the Magic.

About three years ago, I was sitting in the lower bowl and a drunk, white guy was screaming profanities and the "n" word over and over again at some of our team. Let's just say, to the organization's credit, he didn't last long and was booted.

Are our fans racist? Sure, some of them. But let's not judge the whole lot by a few rotten few. Moreover, let's give the organization credit for trying hard to keep our experience a good one.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicPrimoz:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Totally wrong on this.

I sense that you are racist to some extent. Nothing new momma.

You got me. Guess I should go home and cry. Maybe I will make a new friend at school tomorrow to make up for my hurt feelings.

I will not believe it only if I hear it for myself but there always will be a group of racist fans out there.

The notion that you would question whether or not MOST fans were racist based off questionable comments you heard a couple people say in an arena that seats thousands is completely asinine.

There are racists in the world. There are also people who don't like Carlos Arroyo's game because, you know, they don't like his game.