Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Backcourt now in flux - Cook working hard(Sentinel)

I dont know what his big confussion is with the guards, since the adjustments we do need to make are in the forward positions. I mean if you really looked Arroyo and Bogans played pretty well together, and Nelson has thrived from the bench since moving there, and Dooliing has always been a consistent scorer of the bench. The adjutments that most be made should be focused on our forwards, not the guards that have been playing pretty well (I mean, I know that Arroyo and Bogans only played 4 games together starting, but they won three of them and the one that they lost was well, the refs fault)

You really laugh when people say illogical silly things like "true PG".

Arroyo and Nelson are BOTH good PG's. C+ Level PGs at the NBA level.

SVG is trying to compete needing a power forward, a slashing scoring guard, and a starting point guard all that can play defense. Both point guards and our shooting guard are back ups.

You can win most of the games with the present players and a good coach, but don't expect this to be a championship team. Major changes will need to be made.

Otis can't make the necessary moves when we don't have players that other teams are interested in.

Stan is not the problem.

My guess is that Dooling will be traded for Pietrus. Will that make us much different? I don't think so.

Either one of our pgs could be starting pgs. Dont know why you guys still seem to downgrade their value. What else do they have to do to prove they can be a starter in this league. Its time for SVG to choose one of them and stick with them as the starter and give them starter minutes. No splitting time or benching them when they mess up, just stick with them through the good and the bad times. Hes showing no confidence in them. Since Otis believes Nelson is the better pg at the end of the day and also extended his deal, i say Nelson remains the starter and lets just go from their. Give him his starter minutes and be done with it. Nelson averaging 11ppg 6apg 4rpg 2.7tpg in 30mpg. Thats almost a 2/1 turnover ratio and with given starter minutes he will eventually do better. As for our sgs, they are all backups to me and they can all be traded for all i care. Bogans is playing too many minutes to be getting beat on defense and jacking up 3s, Dooling is taking the best shots but not always making them as consistently as we need him to and Evans shouldnt shoot at all. Hes not that much of an upgrade from Ariza. Redick you cant really tell what he will become cause he doesnt play but i do see potential in him. I feel like were sitting very good at the pg position and its the SG and PF positions we should be really worrying about.

I think it was not fair to for Dooling to start after being benched the privious game. The man is going to come in cold.

As per the PG position that is a joke as Sauce said. If you are the starter you should play starter minutes. JN will be starting the next game and I hope SVG does treat him as our starter.

The Magic actually have a nice plan. They can get Pietrus and see how he works out. If he delivers, resign him next year. Pietrus in the long run would be a bench SF with Bogans as the bench SG. The Magic will most likely draft a SG or PG and sign whatever they don't draft.

Everyone says the Magic need a PF, and they do now..but next year they don't. Battie would be a fine backup next to Foyle. Who knows how things will go with Fran, Auggie could develop and Cook is not a total lost cause yet. Thats 5 or 6 bigs right there when you add gortat (most likely cut though).

I believe the Magic's master plan would be to get Pietrus..give him minutes now at SG, but also have him play backup SF and Evans at SG.

Next year, let Evans go and go after Magette as your true starter. Then draft a PG.

This isnt rocket science i believe.

Arroyo

Bogans

Lewis

Augustine

Howard

Nelson

Dooling/Evans

Hedo

Cook/Gortat

Foyle

A good number of posters have been saying pretty much this all year. Augie needs to start and bring Hedo off the bench. Our second unit has Jameer, Hedo and Dooling. Great scoring and decent defense. You can substitute Lewis early if hes off, and we have great flexability with this lineup. I just really dont see the problem.

What games are you guys watching? Arroyo starting and Jameer coming off the bench has been one of the few things that HAS worked!

The problem is our "shooting" guards. They suck. Our problem is lack of PF depth and the lack of a quality STARTING shooting guard. End of story.