Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

More Magic trade rumors - This time from Denton

I think that we are in a very bad position for making a trade that could satisfy our need for a big PF. Arroyo is the only trading piece with a good value (he has and expiring contract, plus he is consitently playing very well). However, if we trade him for a big PF we should get another back-up PG. I doubt very much that we can get that kind of a deal, specially because there are not too many good back-up PGs in the market. Therefore, I think that the only reasonable alternative that we have to fulfill our nedds is to try developing the PFs that we already have in the team (Agustine and Gortat). Hopefully, they can develop to be good enough to enable us to fight with dignity until Battie returns next year. Then we should be talking about a good play-off run.(2008 should be our year).

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

No fank you!

i dont like this trade rumors. i want a better player for arroyo and a player that fits at pf. i want a player that can rebound and play d like noah or a pf not pietrus or a player that the warriors want to throw in.

i would only do the trade if there rook pf was in the deal.

this team will never be a contender untill they learn to play better team defense and stop penetration. the other team sees this weakness and have a layup drill. we do not run off the ball handler on screens nor rotate. makes it easy. we can bring in all kind of players but until this fundamental defensive skill is changed we will not improve. end of story. on offense i have said time and time again we need a defensive/playmaking pg. nelson off the bench is ok but not a starter. sorry bj but but bogans is better off on the bench as well. we need to improve at least 2 positions to be a contender. go magic jacklj

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

this team will never be a contender untill they learn to play better team defense and stop penetration. the other team sees this weakness and have a layup drill. we do not run off the ball handler on screens nor rotate. makes it easy. we can bring in all kind of players but until this fundamental defensive skill is changed we will not improve. end of story. on offense i have said time and time again we need a defensive/playmaking pg. nelson off the bench is ok but not a starter. sorry bj but but bogans is better off on the bench as well. we need to improve at least 2 positions to be a contender. go magic jacklj

Agree to a degree. Our team defense stinks. Dwight did an exceptionally poor job at this last night. Not only did Yao beat him, but he did a poor job helping with Alston.

the main problem is our team likes to help out on others and go for the steal. Meanwhile, once the switch occurs there is usually someone always open to pass to on the other team....WIDE OPEN. We need to stay more at home on the players and not let them blow by us as much. The let them try to beat you 1 on 1 instead of leaving people unbelievably open like we have been. Hedo likes to go in for the swipe even if its not his defender who is penetrating, then his guy is usually open, then has to run to him and its too late. A lot of other guys on our squad to this too. I think this is our real defensive problem because we're not good at scrambling.

Main problem is the lack of big man. Root of all problems except consistency, IMO.

Anyway, as for the speculations, well, don't be surprised if we make a trade. I really think, in one way or the other, Otis will bring someone who can help Dwight downlow. It might even be a better perimeter defender like Pietrus. I think the whole problem here is that our perimeter defense is just being eaten alive and opponents are taking advantage of Dwight downlow by tring to get him to foul trouble.

Would hate to see Arroyo go though. We don't need another swingman.

I'd be OK with a trade, but not for another SF. We need a PF and/or a slasher a la Ariza type player. Another dunker to raise the spirits of the home crowd. Our home crowd is way too quiet and uninspired.

Defensive intensity needs to go to the next level.

Nelson was the only one playing with heart last night vs. Rockets. Good for the little guy, I want him to succeed coz we are stuck with him.

Lewis needs to fricking step it up. I am tired of his soft $118 million azz!

Well now apparently we need a PF and a SG, thanks to how poor our SGs have been playing. Oh wait, didn't we just trade for a PF and a SG? How's that working out for us?

I still wouldn't trade Carlos, or Jameer for that matter though. They're still playing so much better than they did last season and have been two of the reasons why we have a winning record. Not to mention their chemistry with Dwight. Trade any shooting guard in sight, but not those two unless the deal you get back blows your socks off.

As far as the PF situation, how about just doing the smart thing and giving James Augustine a freggin' shot? This isn't a powerhouse team already. This is a young-up-and-coming team. Which means we might want to try letting our young players have some growing pains and learn from their mistakes, SVG & Otis! Just think, we might be a better team for it in the long run.

What a concept!

This isn't a trade rumour. Denton is speculating on the changes to our starting line-up.

We already traded our best tradeable asset for lesser talent. I would not give up Arroyo and /or Dooling unless we're getting a player that can address our biggest need, quality big man.

BJ, We all saw what happened last night, the whole team collapsed both defensively and offfensively. We are being dominated on the boards first because it seems that Howard and jameer are the only guys that are looking for the rebounds and the teams have adjusted to Howard well and he has failed to adjust to them. Its being 5 games now of average play for Howard and last night it coincided with a poor performance from the rest of the team except the PG's, making us look even worse than last year, God forbid that. The million dollar man is playing at discount prices and now he is tentative at the 3 pt line. Turk again looks burned out. Every one talks that we need a good PF and that would solve the problem and this might be true but.. meanwhile how about Coaching adjustments to mitigate the problem. Foyle is looking more in control backing up Howard and seems to move and free himself form his man better, to allow the passs to come in to him. So why not consider using him with Howard and let Augie back them up both? How about Gortat? This guy could bang around some of the opponents and get some short range shots for us and back up at PF and center. last night the two really hot hands were Jameer and Carlos and Carlos was given 14 minutes and a good option would have been let Carlos run the point and Jameer take care of the firepower or viceversa. Sure we loose defense so what, we didnt have any anyway. Also why not try Reddick and give him a chance to let some bombs drop. I feel everyone of the starters need some bench time right now specially Turk and Shard. For the first time I see Stan is loosing control of the creative aspect of the game. Come on Stan show us your stuff.