Sign in to follow this  
MagicPrimoz

The official Stan Van Gundy needs to be fired this season.

quote:
Originally posted by NotByChoice:

MagicPrimoz = redlion?

lol, very debatable...

By the way, Stan made a call to the league immediately after this game, so at least he's taking action.

its too early to write him off

but true is, so far his coaching is very bad (I would say its almost like B. Hill),

so a really hope that he will wake up

I said it some weeks ago and got bashed. The team was going to hell in a handbasket and still is. SVG doesn't have the leadership skills to do this job.

a. He can't make quick adjustments to what's going on in the game. Something's not working but he stays with the plan-if he even has one.

b. He has horrible communication skills-yelling and screaming, pyssing and moaning, whoa is me, I'm a terrible coach-it doesn't get the job done. Fix it and move on.

c. He doesn't have any confidence in himself, much less the players and they know it. He needs better assistant coaches or he needs to listen to the ones he has if he's not.

d. He calls the players out in public rather than in private.

e. He calls for change. He either doesn't make the change or it's the wrong one. Dooling is not the savior for this team, but SVG can't figure that one out.

f. He's indecisive. He can't make up his mind what he wants to do. He plays Augustine, he doesn't play Augustine. He plays JJ, he doesn't play JJ. He thinks they lose because he doesn't play Dooling so he plays Dooling and they still lose.

g. How many fast break points do they lose out on because the players are whining to the refs and don't get down on defense? He's got to put an end to that.

Yes, I'm not a coach, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out.

Dumbest thread of the week...

Your right trying different player rotations to find right one is just dumb. We should play the same rotation and plays over and over even if the league has figured out how to deal with it.

Take cracks all you want for Otis giving away Ariza for two bench fillers, but in my book SVG has done a hell of a job so far.

Bad thread. Had somebody told me we would be 22-13 at this point in this season last summer, I would have been elated. SVG has helped Dwight become the best big in the league and made Hedo a border-line all-star. If anything, we have personnel problems.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Bad thread. Had somebody told me we would be 22-13 at this point in this season last summer, I would have been elated. SVG has helped Dwight become the best big in the league and made Hedo a border-line all-star. If anything, we have personnel problems.

agreed. we are still in good shape but we need to address areas that we are weak in. the arroyo for nelson switch has worked. i wouldnt have started dooling over bogans. i would have put in auggie instead of going small with evans.svg is fishing and coming up empty but he is still a good coach. our offense is much better but we lost a lot of defensive players: battie was big,darko and hill. if battie was hear we would be contenders in the east. imo. battie gives us the vet leadership and defense that we are lacking.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

Dumbest thread of the week...

Your right trying different player rotations to find right one is just dumb. We should play the same rotation and plays over and over even if the league has figured out how to deal with it.

Take cracks all you want for Otis giving away Ariza for two bench fillers, but in my book SVG has done a hell of a job so far.

just one example

our coach decide to don't play Ariza (= froce his trade) and play Garrity and Cook over Augie and Gortat,

and then he suddenly realize that his rotation is soft, not defending, not hustling, not rebounding,

what a surprise ...

and what was his first reaction ? he talks to a media and whine ...

so this is hell of the job ?

and btw, he is doing a lot of mistakes almost every single night, for example last night decision to start Dooling at SG was simply dumb

quote:

Sorry Soul Bro. I don't entirely agree.

The reason? That is exactly what most guys were saying last year.

Although the overall W-L record tells a portion of the story, it certainly doesn't tell the whole story or how it will end.

I am a big fan of SVG. He has done a remarkable job with this team considering he was handed such an awfully unbalanced roster to begin with. Not sure if that was Otis' decision, or his, or possibly an agreed upon decision among them both though.

Lately I wonder though - what in the heck is going through SVG's head? He has made two starting lineup adjustments in one week. And in 2 out of the last 3 contests Jameer has outplayed Arroyo. I still think Arroyo should be the starter, but how in the world can any starter in our backcourt feel confident about their contributions to this team when their spot in the rotation and their minutes fluctuate more reularly than the tide? Last night, Jameer 32 minutes, Arroyo 15 minutes. That's just wrong (even if Jameer was the leading scorer). IMO, coaches who go with their gut feeling to often, get too caught up in going with the hot hand. This can be a very destructive, divisive strategy, since it can easily result in players never fully understanding their role within the team dynamic.

Backcourt aside, how can Augie look so good in spot minutes with his hustle and determination one night, and then the next night not get off the bench (except to hand Dwight a towel and some Gatorade)?

This has developed into a theme now for the entire season. JJ's in the rotation. Then JJ's at the end of the bench. Dooling's our biggest contributor off the bench. Then Dooling's at the end of the bench. Then he's in the friggin starting lineup. Augie's in the rotation. Then Augie's at the end of the bench. Cook's in the rotation. Then Cook's at the end of the bench. Bogans is our starting SG. Then Bogans comes off th bench to play just 13 minutes at 3rd string. Jameer is our starter. Then Jameer is inactive. Then Jameer comes off the bench to get twice as many minutes as Arroyo.

I for one, am not surprised this team has lost it's identity and is floundering. IMO, it can all be attributed to the helter skelter rotations that SVG is employing on a game by game basis. It's downright wacky!

At some point SVG needs to stabilize this team, and I believe he can do that by stabilizing his rotation.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

Sorry Soul Bro. I don't entirely agree.

The reason? That is exactly what most guys were saying last year.

Although the overall W-L record tells a portion of the story, it certainly doesn't tell the whole story or how it will end.

I am a big fan of SVG. He has done a remarkable job with this team considering he was handed such an awfully unbalanced roster to begin with. Not sure if that was Otis' decision, or his, or possibly an agreed upon decision among them both though.

Lately I wonder though - what in the heck is going through SVG's head? He has made two starting lineup adjustments in one week. And in 2 out of the last 3 contests Jameer has outplayed Arroyo. I still think Arroyo should be the starter, but how in the world can any starter in our backcourt feel confident about their contributions to this team when their spot in the rotation and their minutes fluctuate more reularly than the tide? Last night, Jameer 32 minutes, Arroyo 15 minutes. That's just wrong (even if Jameer was the leading scorer). IMO, coaches who go with their gut feeling to often, get too caught up in going with the hot hand. This can be a very destructive, divisive strategy, since it can easily result in players never fully understanding their role within the team dynamic.

Backcourt aside, how can Augie look so good in spot minutes with his hustle and determination one night, and then the next night not get off the bench (except to hand Dwight a towel and some Gatorade)?

This has developed into a theme now for the entire season. JJ's in the rotation. Then JJ's at the end of the bench. Dooling's our biggest contributor off the bench. Then Dooling's at the end of the bench. Then he's in the friggin starting lineup. Augie's in the rotation. Then Augie's at the end of the bench. Cook's in the rotation. Then Cook's at the end of the bench. Bogans is our starting SG. Then Bogans comes off th bench to play just 13 minutes at 3rd string. Jameer is our starter. Then Jameer is inactive. Then Jameer comes off the bench to get twice as many minutes as Arroyo.

I for one, am not surprised this team has lost it's identity and is floundering. IMO, it can all be attributed to the helter skelter rotations that SVG is employing on a game by game basis. It's downright wacky!

At some point SVG needs to stabilize this team, and I believe he can do that by stabilizing his rotation.

he subs are based on match ups. he is also searching for a way our team can play better at the beginning of games and play with more energy at the beginning of games. (hit, dooling in the starting line up)

i think this is his reasoning. not saying i agree, but i understand, what he might be doing.

i would have left the change of arroyo in the starting line up and nelson off the bench because now nelson playing with more fire and giving a bust to our bench when we need scoring. especially when turk, lewis, and/or howard goes to the bench.

i dont like the dooling for bogans switch at all. i would have rather seen jj get his chance before doing this move. though, jj cant guard his shadow he could given us constant shooting from the three. think about jj getting 11 3pt att like how bogans did.

dooling is a energy player off then bench not a starter. imo.