Sign in to follow this  
MagicPrimoz

Great year for The orlando Magic but we must improve to become a solid Contender

There are great things that we do as a team but there are bad things that we always do most of our nights that needs to improve. Putting a struggling player physically and mentally in and out does not do well for our team.

From a player perspective there are up and downs and a way to manage that is to provide great coaching. Stan Van Gundy needs to improve as a coach and handle situations when they are needed. We have had a struggling Jameer Nelson and its taken quite an awful amount of games for him to bench him. He was bench in the last 2 games and back today in a scoring role for us to help us win the game. Arroyo has a much better control of the floor when he is there and that is something Stan Van Gundy needs to focus on. Whoever struggles, there will always be someone to replace him with. Great players don't struggle in long stretches, great players come back and work harder.

Today against the bulls we went into overtime when there was no clear need to be in overtime. The coach had a physically banged up Hedo struggling with his shot and a bad elbow. We should not have given up that many points against the bulls from the outside and specially in the inside. Stan Van Gundy could have replaced hedo with James at some point during the game to help Dwight on the Perimeter with offensive and defensive Rebounds. To better ilustrate this fact let's take a look at the bulls and the magic Rebounding. The bulls were able to stay competitive not because of the play of Gordon but because of their offensive rebounding.

Ben Wallace is known as a great rebounder and so is Dwight Howard, both are great rebounders.

Ben Wallace Offensive Rebounding 5

The rest of is team offensive Rebounding 12

Ben Wallace Defensive Rebounding 7

The rest of his team 23

Dwight Howard Offensive Rebounding 5

Rest of his Team 5

Dwight Howard Defensive Rebounding 17

Rest of his Team: 14

Ok we have a Hedo Turkuglu struggling from 7-19 through most of the game with a banged up elbow. There we are getting killed on boards by an average rebounding team.

Smith and Deng obviously outscoring our Forwards and outrebounding our forwards.

What do we do? We keep letting the bulls run over us when we desperately needed some defensive stops. The bulls score an average of 94 points per game and ended up with 110 points.

Ok we are struggling defensively and getting boards. Hedo is struggling badly with his shot due to some injuries and Stan Van Gundy does not put James Augustine in to help on defense and with boards. The bulls literaly scored 24 points off their offensive rebounds.

Stan took a gamble but what if our shots weren't going in? We would have ended up getting outscored and there would have not been overtime or we could have made key defensive stops and the game would not have been sent to overtime. A struggling bulls team almost beat us. Things that we can live but things we can't get away with against Pistons, Suns, etc.

I am happy we won but we are struggling in phases of our game where we don't need to.

the bulls were desperate to win today and played thier best basketball of the year. Im impressed w/ the poise the magic had to hit the gamewinner after gordon hit that dagger three. but you are right, we need to fix some of theses careless mistakes. other than that, keep it up. GO MAGIC!

Well if we kept getting pg play like we did against the bulls,Then maybe just improve our defense and this team can go deep into the playoffs.Ok maybe adding a pf would not hurt anything.

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Engel:

the bulls were desperate to win today and played thier best basketball of the year. Im impressed w/ the poise the magic had to hit the gamewinner after gordon hit that dagger three. but you are right, we need to fix some of theses careless mistakes. other than that, keep it up. GO MAGIC!

Agreed. The Magic are in territory they havent been in a while, a contender. And when your a top team in your conference, you have targets on your back and teams are gonna really get up against you. I think we are seeing this from a lot of so called lesser teams and we have to be ready to answer that call.

Do we need the 'we aren't that good' threads after wins? we just won four games that good teams win, save the critical stuff for losses.

Jameer looked like he had a fire lit under him, which is what we need.

When you are a contender you are going to get the opposing teams best effort many nights and I think now we are learning that be it Miami or Boston you have to bring the same effort.

PS 85 Percent of Chicagos shots were jumpers, i'll take that any day of the week.

PPS I commend Stan for staying with Hedo who ended up playing very well in OT BTW.

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

Do we need the 'we aren't that good' threads after wins? we just won four games that good teams win, save the critical stuff for losses.

Jameer looked like he had a fire lit under him, which is what we need.

When you are a contender you are going to get the opposing teams best effort many nights and I think now we are learning that be it Miami or Boston you have to bring the same effort.

PS 85 Percent of Chicagos shots were jumpers, i'll take that any day of the week.

PPS I commend Stan for staying with Hedo who ended up playing very well in OT BTW.

I did not say we aren't that good but I have expecations just like any other fanbase. I'm not sure if you saw the game but hedo almost show below 30 percent. Physically he is banged up right now. Swolled elbow since the beggining of the game, struggling to make passes out there. At the same time we were giving up points and boards in the game. We needed a defensive stop and it never happened in the game.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicPrimoz:

Chicago also took advantage of their second chance points. Solid Rebounding from all ends. If Howard was not in this team then we would have been molested on both ends.

Yes and if they didnt have Ben Gordon we would of blown them out.

quote:
I did not say we aren't that good but I have expecations just like any other fanbase. I'm not sure if you saw the game but hedo almost show below 30 percent. Physically he is banged up right now. Swolled elbow since the beggining of the game, struggling to make passes out there. At the same time we were giving up points and boards in the game. We needed a defensive stop and it never happened in the game.

Yea you're right, Hedo was the reason we lost this game. Wait....

And if you expected us to be better than 22-11 at this point in the year, you're insane. Even the optimistic Magic fan would have been suprised with our early schedule in mind.

I guess even with New Year's Eve, a 4-game win streak, being 11-games above .500, 1st in the Southeast, 3rd in the East, and a 22-year old MVP candidate, some people can still find a way to ***** and be negative.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:

And if you expected us to be better than 22-11 at this point in the year, you're insane. Even the optimistic Magic fan would have been suprised with our early schedule in mind.

I guess even with New Year's Eve, a 4-game win streak, being 11-games above .500, 1st in the Southeast, 3rd in the East, and a 22-year old MVP candidate, some people can still find a way to ***** and be negative.

AGREED !!!

GO MAGIC !!!!!!!!!

that is really ridiculous, we have won and there are negative critics again and there are talking about Hedo who had a game winner shot at the end icon_smile.gif

More positive emotions guys!

GO MAGIC!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:

You are ranking us already without the season being over however when we lose you are the first to start blaming players and crying why we lost.