Sign in to follow this  
The Solution

Winning, Why?

Maybe the Magic were saving it and acting out the losses with mad faces and laughing!

a slow down, grinding offense would be very effective in a seven game series for the magic. especially against the likes of cleveland(and miami) who both tend to struggle on offense at times. thats what matters(the seven game series). a lot of teams can slow down a game and win against a single opponent during the regular season, but its not proven they can do it effectively against a team that can slow it down consistently over a stretch of 5 games or so.

1) the last 20 games of the season last year, the magic averaged a shade under 100 ppg. they did this while holding opponents to under 95ppg. the reason for the higher off. ppg was increased productivity on the offensive end. however the reason for the wins was the overall good defense to go with the offense. they achieved the defense by forcing most opponents to play their style of game. yes, the solution's answer is correct for #1 to an extent. however, my long-winded opinion is that the intagibles came together just right within the team to allow for increased offensive production along with the teams biggest strength, slowing down the opponents game, forcing them to play the tempo the magic want. there is a direct corrolation to the magic winning and their ability to control the tempo. the intagibles likely came from the exile of francis, obviously. we cant blow up the team everytime a change is needed. that will only give you mediocrity.

2) their momentum coupled with their ability to control the tempo allowed for their fast start.

let me use this short answer to say this about bhill. i dont blame him for the losses this year any more so than the players. at the professional level, the coach is only there because you have to have one. yes, truly great coaches make a difference, however just like in pickup games its up to the five on the floor to take care of business. a great coach is hard to find, and thankfully, unnecessary. its just about taking care of business. i will not sign the petition until its clear that the leaders of the team have lost confidence in bhill(ghill or howard).

3) we have beaten mediocre teams(2). we are not a winning team. now that i got that off my chest, we could be a surging team very soon. but in order for that to happen we need turk to continue to step up, and we need someone(redick, ghill) to get to the free throw line and offset the points we are missing because of d-ho's inability to do what stars do. you are not a winning team unless you win more than you lose.

the playoffs are a new season. i cant wait.

hold it....the optimist is coming out in me...howard is saving his long overdue explosions for the playoffs. he will step up in the playoffs and prove dickie v. wrong for good(in regards to the okafor controversy) and silence the critics who rate bosh, amare, or curry ahead of him. icon_smile.gif howard needs to make opposing centers start calling him daddy. thats our best chance for winning. personally, i think that we, the magic, should set our crosshairs on cleveland. we could make some noise if we face them then miami in the second round. assuming they can beat washington.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

If you notice, a lot of the Magic's wins or good performances this season come after their pride has basically been challenged.

What I notice is the players motivate themselves just like they did in 1993-19XX when Brian Hill was here. We more often than not beat the best teams and routed them, while losing to the sorriest team the next game. The only motivation I see is the player's own competitive nature of getting up for important games.

BHill doesn't have the personality or the charisma to be a motivator and that was obvious since his first stint. He's a coach to teach the basics that's it, he could coach High School and maybe college but not at the NBA level where the game is as much a mental thing as it is skill. He's too mechanical to be successful in the NBA.

whats with fansince1990's attitude? its a little immature to call someone dimwitted when they say that it takes time to learn a playoff style system. which is a true statement i might add, especially for a team that hasnt even made the playoffs yet. i could use this opportunity to burn you for incorrect statements but instead i will leave you to mull over how assinine you sound in that particular post you made. everyone is entitled to their opinions.

by the way, d-bo is on the right track with his post about howard and the outside-in game. its almost like the triangle offense. not exactly like it though.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

whats with fansince1990's attitude? its a little immature to call someone dimwitted when they say that it takes time to learn a playoff style system. which is a true statement i might add, especially for a team that hasnt even made the playoffs yet. i could use this opportunity to burn you for incorrect statements but instead i will leave you to mull over how assinine you sound in that particular post you made. everyone is entitled to their opinions.

by the way, d-bo is on the right track with his post about howard and the outside-in game. its almost like the triangle offense. not exactly like it though.

Murphy13, I apologize for the trouble with this member, the issue has been taken care of.