Sign in to follow this  
random

Garrity, missing piece?

Pat is the missing piece, I didnt know that. I guess now hes back were winning every game now. Nobody cant stop us, we got Pat Garrity. Yea this is a positive thread. Im glad you said it and not me. OMG Pat Garrity the missing piece. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! No he needs to be the missing piece and get the hell out of O-Town, he wasting that spot.

quote:
Originally posted by morlegend:

lol. although i think this is funny, i think it unfortunately reflects the negatives of the ariza trade. cause if ariza was still here, he would've been the one to play. anyways. that's okay. we won. and I think garrity played pretty well. got a few rebounds. made a couple of shots. You don't expect much more out of him at this age with his knees.

You do realize, that when Ariza was here, he still didn't get much playing time, what makes you think he wouldn't have been sitting on the bench watching Pat play last night?

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

Pat is the missing piece, I didnt know that. I guess now hes back were winning every game now. Nobody cant stop us, we got Pat Garrity. Yea this is a positive thread. Im glad you said it and not me. OMG Pat Garrity the missing piece. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! No he needs to be the missing piece and get the hell out of O-Town, he wasting that spot.

Say what you will about Pat... but the stats don't lie. He seems to have a fairly decent positive effect for our team.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/lenovo/lenovo_sort.jsp?pc...7&split=9&team=Magic

Make sure you look both overall, and on a per minute break down.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Between Cook and Garrity I'd take Pat every time. Pat gives all of his effort whether it's for 1 min or 10, I have no time for people that stand around and do nothing except shoot.

Add another poster to the Garrity fan club! Welcome to the club Marc. Ha-Ha

here is hennie's assessment

pat is better then cook and auggie. Pat plays with hustle, basketball iq, and can hit a shot thus spreads the court.

he does make a difference because he is the best option on our team as back up pf (though gortat should also get a shot). watch the game again.

what you need to look for is:

how pat boxes out other players

fights for position on defense

knows to rotation on defense(though slow footed)

knows where to be on offense

energy/effort

sets very good picks (better then cook and aggie)

These are the small things that pat does that separates him from the lesser auggie and cook. Neither cook nor auggie are great with energy. it is a shame that auggie is even labled as an energy player. i have yet to see any energy on the court. maybe he is a good practice player. who knows.

i think that gortat needs to get a chance to play pf. he has defensive with size and shot blocking. he can rebound a little with d12, plus hit the mid range. he must be having some really bad practices because he is the only one on the team that his not played.

back to the topic. i am not the biggest pat fan, but compared to cook and auggie he shines (lol, never thought i say that but im willing to admit when someone does something i notice) because of his intangibles. i challenge you to watch the replay or the next game. which those key fundamental factors: position, boxing out, squaring on picks, rotations, and hustle. plus, it is a big bonus he is a big 3pt shooter.

yes. pat make a difference because he is the best option at this point at back up pf. we need to play every sec we are on the court. when a player like cook or auggie struggles with those intangibles that pat brings, then the opposing team can make a run; which can make or brake a game.

quote:
Originally posted by ReaL_B3rT0:

Garrity is not the missing piece, he cant shoot like he use to, SHIP HIS *** OUT

we do need a upgrade but at the moment he is better then cook and auggie. imo

Unless Cook somehow wakes up, Otis made a MASSIVE mistake trading Ariza. Why? B/c we took on a substantial contract with Cook and gave up our best wing defender and second best rebounder. Boo.

Now if we have to rely on Garrity in our early rotation like we did last night, we are in trouble. I like his hustle but loathe his game. Houston was dreadful outside of Yao last night. We need a PJ Brown guy as our back-up PF, not Pat.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Unless Cook somehow wakes up, Otis made a MASSIVE mistake trading Ariza. Why? B/c we took on a substantial contract with Cook and gave up our best wing defender and second best rebounder. Boo.

Now if we have to rely on Garrity in our early rotation like we did last night, we are in trouble. I like his hustle but loathe his game. Houston was dreadful outside of Yao last night. We need a PJ Brown guy as our back-up PF, not Pat.

us getting evans was really good. cook just give us some to use if we use pat in a trade or to play next year when pat is let go.

evans is a better fit then ariza. to that why the trade works.